14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:57:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11680 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 17, 2015, 12:01:28 AM »

It's absurd that they acknowledged that the clock WAS a clock, and still arrested and suspended the kid. They knew full well what it was, and they still arrested and distrusted him. That's my main problem with this whole mess. The beeping in the backpack? Yeah, somewhat suspicious. But once it was established what it was and what it was not, nobody should have arrested the kid.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

Seems to me, getting arrested is the best thing that's ever happened to this kid.

Well, now it is. If he had been arrested and the media not covered it, it probably wouldn't have ended so well...
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 01:57:07 AM »

Guys, this isn't about the kid, the clock or the bomb. It's the fact that Muslims face an absolutely awful situation in America where they're attacked, scapegoated and ridiculed by idiots who don't even understand what's going on. You've got Presidential candidates saying that Muslims can't be Presidents, you've had this insane nudge nudge that Obama must be a Muslim and thus unfit for office  

Alright calm down.. You dont understand the situation of Muslims in this country at all. They are not being attacked. They've been more successful than almost any other immigrant group in America. They have high incomes, good jobs, and live in integrated neighborhoods at a way higher rate than many others in America. This ridiculous attempt to turn them into another persecuted minority is so far from the truth

*citation needed*
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 11:49:53 AM by Zioneer »

Guys, this isn't about the kid, the clock or the bomb. It's the fact that Muslims face an absolutely awful situation in America where they're attacked, scapegoated and ridiculed by idiots who don't even understand what's going on. You've got Presidential candidates saying that Muslims can't be Presidents, you've had this insane nudge nudge that Obama must be a Muslim and thus unfit for office  

Alright calm down.. You dont understand the situation of Muslims in this country at all. They are not being attacked. They've been more successful than almost any other immigrant group in America. They have high incomes, good jobs, and live in integrated neighborhoods at a way higher rate than many others in America. This ridiculous attempt to turn them into another persecuted minority is so far from the truth

*citation needed*

Not needed. Its common knowledge. Do a simple google search, im not your mother.

The burden of proof is on the person who makes the claims. You should have provided links or other evidence in your initial post if you didn't want me making fun of your total lack of evidence.

Also, presuming I do google search, what exactly would I look for? "How muslims were treated after 9/11?" That seems ripe for the lunatics that pop up in google search to crowd out the actual evidence.

EDIT: I searched for exactly that, and all I'm coming up with is evidence that muslims have been treated badly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies