New Facebook likes within 24 hours of the debate - Round II
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:10:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  New Facebook likes within 24 hours of the debate - Round II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New Facebook likes within 24 hours of the debate - Round II  (Read 2114 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »

After the last debate, new Facebook likes in the subsequent 24 hours were a very good indicator of poll movement. So, if you're curious, I wrote down the numbers for all the candidates before the debate and again this evening, and here's what I found

In terms of raw numbers:

1. Carson 302,710 new likes - best day for any campaign all season
2. Fiorina 59,452
3. Trump 25,189
4. Rubio 18,131

5. Clinton 14,308
6. Sanders 13,262

7. Bush 10,903
8. Cruz 8,065
9. Huckabee 2,383
10. Kasich 2,035
11. Paul 1,654
12. Christie 1,352
13. Walker 1,276
14. Jindal 1,097
15. Graham 786
16. Santorum 237
17. Pataki 165

18. O'Malley 91
19. Webb 73
20. Chafee 35
21. Lessig 28

22. Gilmore 13

In terms of percent increase:

1. Fiorina +16.8%
2. Carson +9.8%
3. Bush +4.2%
4. Rubio +1.8%
5. Kasich +1.4%

6. Clinton +1.1%
7. Pataki +0.9%
8. Christie +0.7%
9. Trump +0.7%

10. Sanders +0.7%
11. Graham +0.6%
12. Lessig +0.6%
13. Cruz +0.6%
14. Jindal +0.4%

15. Chafee +0.4%
16. Walker +0.3%
17. Webb +0.2%
18. Gilmore +0.2
19. Huckabee +0.1%

20. O'Malley +0.1%
21. Santorum +0.1%
22. Paul +0.1%
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »

Carson is by far the winner, much greater than every other candidate combined.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:49:53 PM »

I just don't understand how Carson generates so much excitement with his debate performances.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »

I would like to sit down with a Ben Carson supporter and just pick their brain.

And wow, Jebby the Cuck got a bit of a bump in the Facebook.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:51:35 PM »

Kasich: Losing Again
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 08:55:34 PM »

LOL, YES! I told y'all Carson was a big winner! Bigger than Fiorina fer sure. No one believed me. #ThinkLikeASouthron
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »

How many are legit? It's an open secret that Hillary is paying for Facebook likes. Sanders is not.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »

I like how everyone doubts Carson on this forum when he's the only candidate you really see (other than Trump) with a large amount of fans, a large base in Iowa, and a lot of bumper stickers on cars. I don't agree with his views, but he definitely has done some work this year.

Most of y'all probably think Walker is a game-changer or something.
I don't doubt it, I'm just surprised by the amount of support he has.

I would like to sit down with a Ben Carson supporter and just pick their brain.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 09:08:19 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2015, 09:10:34 PM by Thersites »

I think GOP voters like Carson because he comes off as very genuine. He doesn't look and sound like a politician giving calculated or canned answers in an attempt to pander. It's like he's seriously thinking through things when he speaks. Unaffected I suppose. Just like the people watching at home he's an ordinary honest Pub voter with genuine conservative values.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »

I know nothing, I understand nothing, this is just a whole different way of thinking. How could Carson possibly achieve this based on that debate?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »

The likes from the Fox debate were actually pretty accurate.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Judging by this Carson's about to take the GOP field by storm.  Fiorina should be doing decently as well.
weixiaobao
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »

How you get these info?  also do you know how to get the twitter followers stat increase too?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 09:57:31 PM »

To clarify my earlier post... I KNEW Carson would be doing this well, just like with the first debate.

I just don't understand it.
weixiaobao
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 10:03:26 PM »

To clarify my earlier post... I KNEW Carson would be doing this well, just like with the first debate.

Surprisingly, in my household, we got 3 educated grad students in the health profession.  All of us lean toward the liberal ideologies.  And we all like Carson despite the crazy sh**ts he said. 

I have been saying the pundits are severely underestimate Carson's likabilities.  I have Carson as the #1 candidate to overtake Trump.  It is smart of Carson not to butthead with Trump any further.  Let Trump clear out the field for him.  Either way, Carson can't beat Clinton.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:09 PM »

How many are legit? It's an open secret that Hillary is paying for Facebook likes. Sanders is not.

Source?

I mean, if she is, she's doing a lousy job. She's nowhere near in the lead in terms of likes, as Newt Gingrich was when he was buying Twitter followers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 11:28:08 PM »

Source?

I mean, if she is, she's doing a lousy job. She's nowhere near in the lead in terms of likes, as Newt Gingrich was when he was buying Twitter followers.

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »

Surprisingly, in my household, we got 3 educated grad students in the health profession.  All of us lean toward the liberal ideologies.  And we all like Carson despite the crazy sh**ts he said. 

I have been saying the pundits are severely underestimate Carson's likabilities.  I have Carson as the #1 candidate to overtake Trump.  It is smart of Carson not to butthead with Trump any further.  Let Trump clear out the field for him.  Either way, Carson can't beat Clinton.

I'm not so sure about that. If Carson can get a boost out of not one but two debates despite being the most non-aggressive, non-attacking, non-assertive candidate on the entire stage, then maybe he can actually beat Clinton.

I ranked Carson (in terms of performance) dead last out of the candidates in the main fox debate and third to last out of the candidates in the Main CNN debate. But the actual primary voters have vastly disagreed both times.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 12:47:16 AM »

Source?

Foreigners "like" Hillary Clinton because she's a prominent Democratic politician.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:17 AM »

I think GOP voters like Carson because he comes off as very genuine. He doesn't look and sound like a politician giving calculated or canned answers in an attempt to pander. It's like he's seriously thinking through things when he speaks. Unaffected I suppose. Just like the people watching at home he's an ordinary honest Pub voter with genuine conservative values.

Yep, that's a big part of it.   Well said.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:25 AM »

Source?

Really? It could have something to do with the 112 countries she visited as SoS, or being one of the most respected women in the world. I don't see anything about likes being bought in that chart. If that were the case, they would likely come overwhelmingly from a single country (probably India), but this seems much more population-based.

So, according to you, Clinton bought her likes mostly from abroad, but not from any country in particular only to become the second-most-liked Democrat running?

I ask again, do you have any evidence that she bought likes? For reference, here's what such evidence might look like: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/08/did-newt-gingrich-buy-his-twitter-followers/242944/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 01:02:33 AM »

So, according to you, Clinton bought her likes mostly from abroad, but not from any country in particular only to become the second-most-liked Democrat running?

I ask again, do you have any evidence that she bought likes? For reference, here's what such evidence might look like: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/08/did-newt-gingrich-buy-his-twitter-followers/242944/

She did buy likes for the State Dept. with taxpayer money. That is a fact. And she has more likes from people who said their hometown is Baghdad than New York. Doesn't that seem a little odd to you?

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/116466711248/hillary-clinton-campaign-buying-millions-of-fake
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:37 AM »

Everyone buys likes on Facebook don't try to pretend your candidate does not
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:04 AM »

Bet Hillary is having a hissy fit😊...One thing she doesn't need is having another woman in the room. It must be difficult to find out you are not as well liked as you thought and regarded as old news into the bargain. People are discovering Carly and the more they see, the more they like😊
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 05:31:20 AM »

Source?

Foreigners "like" Hillary Clinton because she's a prominent Democratic politician.

Basically yeah.

So if Bernie got more new likes but Hillary got a percent increase, does that mean Bernie is ahead in overall likes?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »

Source?

Basically yeah.

So if Bernie got more new likes but Hillary got a percent increase, does that mean Bernie is ahead in overall likes?

Yep, Bernie's at just over 2 million and Hillary's at 1.3 million.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies