The current state of the Republican party and beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:15:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The current state of the Republican party and beyond
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The current state of the Republican party and beyond  (Read 333 times)
MisSkeptic
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:32:43 AM »

Forgive me is this thread is in the incorrect forum. Hopefully it is.

Last night, I was reading Politico's interview with President Reagan's two songs-Michael and Ron-who were asked a series of questions relating to the 2016 Presidential Election and other related questions.

The reason I started this thread is because I was very engaged in reading Michael Regan's responses about the evolution of the Republican party, its current state and so forth. As a political junkie I understand his answers are just opinions. However, I couldn't help but understand where he's coming from in his replies. That's why I would like to discuss with other members here about this subject.

During Michael Reagan's Q&A, he was asked about his father, what 2016 Republican reminded him of his father; It was Rick Perry, and during the interview, he begin to talk about the differences within the party today, the various forms of media conservative voters get their information from-talk radio-and what not.

What I found interesting is when he started talking about how the Republican party doesn't have a clear leadership, that as a result, has forced conservative voters to look elsewhere for a 'voice' to guide them. And what I mean in that 'voice' is that anything from Fox news, to conservative talk radio, has radically transformed the Republican party's voting base.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now, this is something to expect. With many different conservatives, who come from different backgrounds, etc. They're all going to look for someway to get their news. Whether it be conservative talk radio; which is very popular, the internet, printed press, or cable television.

Compared to the Democratic party, the Republican party does have a more diverse means for its voters and supporters to share information. As mentioned above it's not impossible to read what a Fox News panel said about something, what Rush Limbaugh said of his radio show, etc. Clearly it's no surprise why many conservatives are confused at the state of the Republican party.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As you can see from this quote, it's no surprising to see people who can like one 2016 candidate like Jeb Bush, while another conservative voter calling him a "RINO." Which I have to admit does sound silly because as a non-conservative I don't understand how, on one hand, someone can be seen as the front runner, while on the other hand be consider unpopular.

I would like to hear your opinions about this article; which I have linked at the bottom, and do you agree with Michael Regan that today's Republican party is not only very different from the one his father lead in the 80's, but due to today's various influences can easily be seen as unstable.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/reagan-sons-interview-donald-trump-213149

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/reagan-sons-interview-donald-trump-213149?o=1
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:08:30 PM »

interesting read for sure, thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies