Santorum is toast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:05:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum is toast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Santorum is toast  (Read 13138 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 07:39:33 PM »

Libertarians may run Russ Diamond (LP candidate in PA-17). His website is still active presently, so I assume he will run for something next year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 07:51:32 PM »

I don't care much for the guy.

But its too soon to say he's done.

Casey IMHO, isn't much better, and he won't have near the clout Rick has...

I'm thinking of getting a tri color dart board

Republican-Dem-Libertarian and just throwing a dart at it blind...since all 3 choices are well...crappy.

Who are the Libertarians planning to run? Perhaps they will have a better nominee than the woman who ran against Specter.

Thats part of the problem...the LP doesn't really have anyone...otherwise I'd be pretty settled on voting for them.

Well, since it is unlikely the Constitutionalists will oppose Santorum (and perhaps even Casey) I don't think there will be much choice other than the Libertarians.

Like I said, possibly a strong Independent or even a Green party candidate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »

Pennachio should run an independent candidacy Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005, 12:01:50 AM »

A strong Green might do fairly well given the absence of a left wing candidate.

Maybe not.  By far the most liberal part of the state is SE PA where their will be a very strong anti-Santorum ABS factor.  The factor may not be that strong in other parts of the state, but where a green would do the best (SEPA) the factor will be quite strong limiting the appeal (a la Nader from 2000 to 04)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2005, 12:03:33 AM »

A strong Green might do fairly well given the absence of a left wing candidate.

Maybe not.  By far the most liberal part of the state is SE PA where their will be a very strong anti-Santorum ABS factor.  The factor may not be that strong in other parts of the state, but where a green would do the best (SEPA) the factor will be quite strong limiting the appeal (a la Nader from 2000 to 04)

ABS!!!!! ABS!!!!!  BYE BYE PRICK SANTORUM!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

I'M REALLY HIGH RIGHT NOW!
Shira

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 10:57:06 AM »

The good thing about Casey is that he is not Santurum. It would be great if we could get rid of Santorum
MissCatholic

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005, 11:01:04 AM »

Santorum is not to be under estimated. there is still a long way to go. once republican money is poured into an area it has a huge effect - ask the ohio voters - but the good thing for Casey is that pa is a democrat state and it is easier for dems to displace republicans than republicans like burns in montana.

We have a grea chance of getting him out but we will need some serious cash as once the coperatinos come in watch santorums poll numbers go up.
DarthKosh

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 12:13:33 PM »

Santorum is not to be under estimated. there is still a long way to go. once republican money is poured into an area it has a huge effect - ask the ohio voters - but the good thing for Casey is that pa is a democrat state and it is easier for dems to displace republicans than republicans like burns in montana.

We have a grea chance of getting him out but we will need some serious cash as once the coperatinos come in watch santorums poll numbers go up.

Both Burns and Santorum are going to lose next year.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »

Both Burns and Santorum are going to lose next year.

Dumb prediction
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 01:32:34 PM »

Neither are going to lose.

Just wait until the GOP hits Casey. Because they are-- waiting that is. Why spend your bullets now?

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2005, 01:44:06 PM »

Just wait until the GOP hits Casey. Because they are-- waiting that is. Why spend your bullets now?

i actually agree with goldie.

casey is just a famous name.  other than that, he is pretty damn weak candidate.

santorum will win, fairly comfortably.

i really dont like either candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »

i actually agree with goldie.

casey is just a famous name.  other than that, he is pretty damn weak candidate.

santorum will win, fairly comfortably.

i really dont like either candidate.

You guys don't understand the power of that name in a General election but you know that I hope you're right.

By the way AuH2O, the PA GOP is already hitting Casey atleast once a week.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2005, 02:26:40 PM »

Yeah, Burns is safe.  33% re-elect num. and scandals galore, but he's safe alright.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2005, 02:42:59 PM »

Burns should be fine only because there's no real opponent to take him down. Schweitzer would win easily but he's obviously not running.

Look, names are nice, but let's keep Casey in perspective. He's an ideological relic, his dad is overrated in hindsight, and he's not his dad. I'm just not buying. Of course the GOP is putting out little press releases on Casey, everyone does that 24/7/365. But I mean REALLY hit him, like a $20 million broadside. We'll see how much is left of Casey then.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2005, 02:43:57 PM »

Yeah, Burns is safe.  33% re-elect num. and scandals galore, but he's safe alright.

What's his disapproval rating among likely voters? Anyway, the point is that if he is in serious danger, he may just drop out and let the Republican representative take the nomination.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2005, 02:53:32 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2005, 02:58:27 PM by nickshepDEM »

Burns should be fine only because there's no real opponent to take him down. Schweitzer would win easily but he's obviously not running.

Look, names are nice, but let's keep Casey in perspective. He's an ideological relic, his dad is overrated in hindsight, and he's not his dad. I'm just not buying. Of course the GOP is putting out little press releases on Casey, everyone does that 24/7/365. But I mean REALLY hit him, like a $20 million broadside. We'll see how much is left of Casey then.

I agree on Casey.  Ive predicted a Casey loss since the beginning.  Once the campaign fires up he'll buckle and his numbers will sink.

Hopefully Casey will run a campaign similar to Kilgores down in Virginia.  He is obviously no match for Santorum when it comes to debating, stump speeches, rallies, etc.

Burns on the other hand.  I could see Tester taking him down.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2005, 02:54:45 PM »

What's his disapproval rating among likely voters? Anyway, the point is that if he is in serious danger, he may just drop out and let the Republican representative take the nomination.

Not sure.  Id have to dig up the poll. 

Anyway, the point is that if he is in serious danger, he may just drop out and let the Republican representative take the nomination.

Thats definitley a possibility.  Ive actually heard that rumor before.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2005, 03:01:46 PM »

He's not a youngster.

The thing about Burns is that his approval rating is low because he's kind of an ass, not because he's ideologically out of line. It's easier to temporarily improve your image than change your voting record.

He could lose but at this point he is favored by virtue of Montana being Republican and incumbency.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2005, 03:05:07 PM »

I have'nt been following the Virginia gubernatorial race as much as I should... Is it true Kilgore refuses to debate Kaine?  I heard that somewhere, but I wasnt sure if it was true.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2005, 03:20:17 PM »

I have'nt been following the Virginia gubernatorial race as much as I should... Is it true Kilgore refuses to debate Kaine?  I heard that somewhere, but I wasnt sure if it was true.

It's been quite a circus apparently. First over whether the candidates can ask each other questions, then how many to have, and where-- including Kaine offering to debate at Kilgore's alma mater-- not to mention the issues to be discussed. There was a sort of debate hosted as part of an AP event months ago.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2005, 06:02:36 PM »

Just to poke fun at that two point chart...Bush's approval rating is SURGING:

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2005, 06:05:06 PM »

Just to poke fun at that two point chart...Bush's approval rating is SURGING:

lol. That's actually hilarious, and accurate in its point.
danwxman

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2005, 06:34:56 PM »

What the hell are they going to "hit" Casey on? The man has literally not done one thing controversial his whole career.
PADem

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2005, 06:40:08 PM »

What about the base closings in the Western part of the state. Surely that won't help Santorum.
danwxman

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2005, 06:41:36 PM »

What about the base closings in the Western part of the state. Surely that won't help Santorum.

One in Allegheny county and one in the Philly suburbs. The two worst places it could happen for Santorum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies