Poll: How long do you give Mock Parliament? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:47:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poll: How long do you give Mock Parliament? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How long do you give Mock Parliament?
Less than 1 year

1-2 years

2-3 years

3-4 years

4-5 years

5 years plus

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Poll: How long do you give Mock Parliament?  (Read 2281 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: September 20, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »

I don't know why both games can't exist or why those in mock parliament wish to kill off Atlasia. Live and let live, I say.

I agree with this sentiment, although I think there are some very frightening reactionary elements in Atlasia (and especially the current Senate) who want to destroy Mock Parliament at all costs.

I am heartened to see that there are still a number of good individuals committed to this game though, including Truman and yourself. I suspect they make up a silent majority.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »

I am heartened to hear that, and hope you are right.

I had perceived the Senate's attempt to strip Bore's recognition of diplomatic relations with Mock Parliament as a slight motivated by anger. Perhaps I am wrong, but I doubt if he had recognized any other country, the outrage has copped would not occur. I am merely concerned by an increasingly disturbing mindset against the game. You have one Senator (and current presidential candidate) who has angrily denounced our attempts to have a full forum under fantasy elections, making the emotional and silly case that it would "confuse" people. You also have the Governor of one of this game's regions attacking people who left for mock parliament as killing this game and sophomoric-ally mocking the reasonable name we chose for ourselves. We have come harboring nothing but peaceful intentions and good will, but have been turned away by so many people in this game.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:11:24 PM »

I personally hope Mock Parliament succeeds and lasts a long time. I have long been a proponent of having multiple nations that interacted and carried on meaningful foreign relations. This is a great opportunity for that to happen. Let's all make the most of it.

Glorious news!!! I am pleased to hear this, Senator, although I still cannot fathom why you are "boycotting" the speech by our Speaker of Parliament, a true friend of Atlasia. Do not believe the misinformation being propagated by a small, foaming at the mouth far-right minority in this game!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »

I personally hope Mock Parliament succeeds and lasts a long time. I have long been a proponent of having multiple nations that interacted and carried on meaningful foreign relations. This is a great opportunity for that to happen. Let's all make the most of it.

Glorious news!!! I am pleased to hear this, Senator, although I still cannot fathom why you are "boycotting" the speech by our Speaker of Parliament, a true friend of Atlasia. Do not believe the misinformation being propagated by a small, foaming at the mouth far-right minority in this game!

I suppose Kalwejt and myself are part of this "far-right minority"? This story gets loopier by the minute.

Nevertheless, I will join my fellow Senator in wishing South America all the best, despite the actions of some of its citizens.

No, you are not. Those who I am referring to know perfectly well who they are!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies