Santorum is toast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:18:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum is toast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum is toast  (Read 13163 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: May 12, 2005, 04:39:49 PM »

Im still confused as to why Santorum is on the front lines of President Bush's push for partial privatization.  Public support for privatization has hit a major road block.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 04:46:50 PM »

He really believes in it? I know it's hard to comprehend but some people in Washington still do really believe in what they set out to do.

Yeah, because we all know Slick Rick isn't into playing politics.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 04:53:25 PM »

Phil, have you guys been hit with any TV/Radio Ad's up there in PA, yet?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 02:26:40 PM »

Yeah, Burns is safe.  33% re-elect num. and scandals galore, but he's safe alright.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 02:53:32 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2005, 02:58:27 PM by nickshepDEM »

Burns should be fine only because there's no real opponent to take him down. Schweitzer would win easily but he's obviously not running.

Look, names are nice, but let's keep Casey in perspective. He's an ideological relic, his dad is overrated in hindsight, and he's not his dad. I'm just not buying. Of course the GOP is putting out little press releases on Casey, everyone does that 24/7/365. But I mean REALLY hit him, like a $20 million broadside. We'll see how much is left of Casey then.

I agree on Casey.  Ive predicted a Casey loss since the beginning.  Once the campaign fires up he'll buckle and his numbers will sink.

Hopefully Casey will run a campaign similar to Kilgores down in Virginia.  He is obviously no match for Santorum when it comes to debating, stump speeches, rallies, etc.

Burns on the other hand.  I could see Tester taking him down.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 02:54:45 PM »

What's his disapproval rating among likely voters? Anyway, the point is that if he is in serious danger, he may just drop out and let the Republican representative take the nomination.

Not sure.  Id have to dig up the poll. 

Anyway, the point is that if he is in serious danger, he may just drop out and let the Republican representative take the nomination.

Thats definitley a possibility.  Ive actually heard that rumor before.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 03:05:07 PM »

I have'nt been following the Virginia gubernatorial race as much as I should... Is it true Kilgore refuses to debate Kaine?  I heard that somewhere, but I wasnt sure if it was true.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 10:13:18 AM »

Ellsworth is supposedly already off the list.

If Casey has breathed wrong, the GOP will make him pay for it. His lack of accomplishments-- while insulating him from huge mistakes-- will be a key point.

I hope your not assuming that the Santorum campaign will be the only one attacking.  Casey has some pretty nice "ammo" to use on Santorum.  SS, Schiavo, The Nuclear Option, Penn Hills, 40 hour work week, etc...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies