Santorum is toast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:31:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum is toast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum is toast  (Read 13188 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 12, 2005, 03:04:51 PM »

I don't live in Pennsylvania, but I like Rick Santorum.  I think he's an EXCELLENT Senator due to his conservative values.  This country needs more people like him and more conservative politicians.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 07:08:29 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2005, 07:12:26 PM by BushOklahoma »

What about the base closings in the Western part of the state. Surely that won't help Santorum.

One in Allegheny county and one in the Philly suburbs. The two worst places it could happen for Santorum.

They were probably only hit because Pennsylvania voted for Kerry. If you look at all the base changes, Bush states gain jobs while Kerry states lose them. Pennsylvania unseating Santorum would just be asking for more punishment...

I beg to differ with that.  Two states that Bush won that lost installations would be South Dakota and Alabama.  South Dakota is slated to lose its second-largest employer and Alabama apparently is losing quite a bit.  True, it is mostly Kerry states that are losing installations, but the Bush states are not immune.  Oklahoma is losing 6 smaller installations, namely 5 Army and 1 Army NG installation and one semi-major installation -- Altus AFB in Southwest, Oklahoma is being realigned.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 09:31:26 PM »

I don't live in or anywhere near Pennsylvania, so I can't really judge first-hand how the people are reacting to Santorum, but I do think he is a very good Senator and sincerely hope he is re-elected for another term.  He seems to be a man with a good head on his shoulders.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies