Santorum is toast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:05:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum is toast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum is toast  (Read 13180 times)
danwxman

« on: May 12, 2005, 04:55:24 PM »

He really believes in it? I know it's hard to comprehend but some people in Washington still do really believe in what they set out to do.

Yeah, because we all know Slick Rick isn't into playing politics.

Uh...in regards to the social security idea, he's not doing it for political advantage. It isn't exactly the most popular idea in the state right now.

Of course he's doing it for political advantage, he wants to be majority leader. He knows it's more politically risky NOT to be vocal in support of the President's plan if he wants to move up the ranks.

Unfortunately for him, his political ambitions are making him even more vulnerable for 2006.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:34:56 PM »

What the hell are they going to "hit" Casey on? The man has literally not done one thing controversial his whole career.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 06:41:36 PM »

What about the base closings in the Western part of the state. Surely that won't help Santorum.

One in Allegheny county and one in the Philly suburbs. The two worst places it could happen for Santorum.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 08:48:32 PM »

Ellsworth is supposedly already off the list.

If Casey has breathed wrong, the GOP will make him pay for it. His lack of accomplishments-- while insulating him from huge mistakes-- will be a key point.

Casey's record isn't vulnerable at all. He did a good job as Auditor General and as Treasurer his current plans are to cut a few jobs to get rid of some of the bureaucracy, that won't go over well with the people who get laid off but it will look pretty good to the economic conservatives/libertarians in the Southeast. The only critisism the GOP will wage against Casey is going to be aimed at his campaign....as it has been already.

Santorum on the other hand is a walking target.
danwxman

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 08:51:30 PM »

What the hell are they going to "hit" Casey on? The man has literally not done one thing controversial his whole career.

Oh I don't know. What's this? His fourth statewide run in six years? How about the fact that he had no intention of running until after the national party begged him?

Nobody cares about any of that stuff except for you.
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 08:57:31 PM »

Oh I don't know. What's this? His fourth statewide run in six years? How about the fact that he had no intention of running until after the national party begged him?

Actually, fourth statewide run in six years is pretty pathetic. How can you even do that, in a state where elections occur once every two years?

Auditor General (2000) - Won
Dem nomination for Governor (2002) - Lost
State Treasurer (2004) - Won

He won two, lost one. He lost the most important one, but I'm kinda glad Rendell is Governor and not Casey.
danwxman

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 09:01:18 PM »

Yeah, State Auditor. What's next, middle school class President?

His toughest race, he lost.

His campaign against Rendell was horrible. It centered around Rendell being a big-city liberal. Well, that didn't go over to well with most of the Democratic party.
danwxman

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 10:46:16 PM »

Actually, fourth statewide run in six years is pretty pathetic. How can you even do that, in a state where elections occur once every two years?

Auditor General (2000) - Won
Dem nomination for Governor (2002) - Lost
State Treasurer (2004) - Won

He won two, lost one. He lost the most important one, but I'm kinda glad Rendell is Governor and not Casey.

You're missing the point. The GOP will make the issue that he ran some many times the main point. Sure he'll say "Well I won" but this will be different. Now people might discover a running for office pattern with Casey.

Also, I am obviously not the only one that cares since it's been discussed as part of the GOP strategy already, genius.

Not going to be an issue at all.
danwxman

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »

I think there is a distinct possibility Pennsylvania may go from having two Republican senators to two Democrat senators by 2010.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies