Indians form Republican Hindu Coalition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indians form Republican Hindu Coalition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indians form Republican Hindu Coalition  (Read 4510 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: September 21, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »
« edited: September 21, 2015, 02:43:46 PM by Moderate Hero Republican »

Good as I am also an Hindu Republican, and dont see how any Hindu  could be a democrat in these days unless Trump is the nominee.

The reasons why is

Hindus are very family orientated and believe in strong family values which Democrats do not

Hindus believe any person can succeed if they work hard, which the Democrats believe isnt true

Democrats support using affirmative action against which harms the entire Asians community

Democrats are appeasers to Islamic Extremists(unless it is a communist country invading them) which have harmed India and Hindus for thousands of years.

Democrats are for regulating and taxing everything which harms small bushiness owners ,engineers ,and doctors. Many of those people are affected are Indians.

Bill Clinton was one modern Democrat though who was an exception to all the things above as during his presidency he basically had an Republican Economic agenda

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:15:03 AM »

Why do Indian-Americans vote Democratic in the first place?

I'm guessing that a party that's hostile to immigrants wouldn't be attractive to a group which has arrived fairly recently, and coming in greater number now, and doesn't have many people who are more than two generations removed from that first arrival. Also, for the most socially conservative Indians, a party that says its social conservatism is explicitly Judeo-Christian is very alienating. I can't imagine someone is able to be enthusiastic about both the BJP and Republican party at the same time for that reason. 

Majority of Republican poilticians arent hostile to immigration they are just opposed to ILLEGAL immigration. But the media keeps parroting this lie over and over again, just like how they took Romney self deportation thing out of context(he said corporations would be fined heavily if they hired illegals and he would end all public benefits to them) , which he said that would force illegals to leave the country and would have to come here legally or stay here without a job or benefits. He was also for making being here legally easier as he said people who get a college degree should have green cards attached to it. But you guys will keep parroting this myth that the GOP is against immigrants when it only an extremist fringe element of the party who believes that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:16:13 AM »

Why do Indian-Americans vote Democratic in the first place?

The media keeps telling the GOP is against LEGAL IMMIGRATION which is a lie
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2015, 01:58:21 PM by Moderate Hero Republican »

I'm an Indian-American who happens to be a Republican and Hindu, so this is good news I guess.

If you are willing to renounce your faith maybe.

I am not Indian, but my parents immigrated from there before I was born. They're Americans as well now, but they are still Hindus, and I was raised Hindu as well.

Won't even dare to call yourself "Indian"?  You will fit in nicely.

It'll be an interesting case study to see how liberals react if this is at all successful; it might be fun to see racist Democratic roots revive themselves if Indian-Americans start voting Republican! Smiley

Indians in the Republican party do a fine job of running away from anything non white.  So why wait?  Just enjoy Republican Indians now!  Nikki Haley (AKA Nimrata Randhawa) calls herself "white" and Christian.

I was amused by some of the replies in this thread.  I know several Indians well and at least one of them is right leaning.  Years ago I asked him what the deal was with Indians that were Christian.  He said they were typically from the lower caste.  He said upper caste families like his wouldn't dare do such a thing.  Imagine his surprise a few years later when I told him all the high profile elected Indian Republicans are Christian!

I found this thread amusing because Hindu Republican is an oxymoron.  The key to success in the Republican party seems to be getting as far away from the Hindu religion as possible.

What do you guys think of the self loathing of right wing Indians?  Nimrata Randhawa changes her name to Nikki, calls herself "white," marries a white guy, and becomes a Christian.  Do you think she should spearhead the Hindu outreach?

How seriously would we take Barack Obama if he changed his official name to Barry Dunham married a white woman, went to an all white church, and checked off "white" on his voter registration form?

Look at my first post in this thread on why Hindu Democrat is an oxymoron.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies