Indians form Republican Hindu Coalition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:01:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indians form Republican Hindu Coalition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indians form Republican Hindu Coalition  (Read 4514 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 21, 2015, 01:02:55 AM »

So are they simply not planning to target Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Parsis, Muslims, or any non-Hindu Indian-American? That seems short-sighted. Especially considering that it'd mean excluding most-well known Indian-American Republicans, including the Catholic Jindal who the guy in the article mentions by name.

The make it sound like they're aiming for Indian-Americans in general, which is a great idea, but with a name like that...

Sikhs, Jains as well as Parsis and Buddhists to a certain extent would pretty much fall under Hindu.......
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »

Are most Indians in the U.S. Gujaratis?

I wouldn't say most but a majority are either Gujarati or Punjabi. Tech workers and Phd students on the other hand come from all over India. Techies tend to be more South Indian though. Gujaratis and Puniabis tend to be more your stereotypical small business owners but their kids have more varied professions. They are also the groups that have been in the U.S. the longest.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 01:58:15 PM »

I think Republicans will have more luck at the local and state level with the Indian vote than at the federal level. My dad has been very angry at the Democrats lately for onerous regulations on refineries leading to higher gas prices in California. And they are ready to slap on some taxes on top of that, because obviously gas prices aren't high enough here. He will be voting Republican at the state level next time but I doubt he will vote for a Republican president. He hates Trump etc and that is the Republican Party at the federal level. I know this is just anecdotal evidence but these are the sorts of issues that will get Indians voting Republican and they are more likely to happen at a more local level than at the federal level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies