Kingpoleon for Governor: AN INDEPENDENT LEADER
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:43:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kingpoleon for Governor: AN INDEPENDENT LEADER
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kingpoleon for Governor: AN INDEPENDENT LEADER  (Read 754 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »

"My fellow Northeasterners, I have fought for you for three months now. I have fought the good fight. I have finished one race, I hope. I have the most activity of any Assemblyman, and I intend to be the most active Governor. I announce, here and now, that I am running to fight for what I first promised. It is now before you, the people, to act.

"You have supported me twice now for the Assembly. I ask for the support of every Atlasian opposed to extremism of every kind. I will not join a party as your Governor. It is time for a new kind of leader. I am not beholden to any party. I endorse who I wish, regardless of party. I stand strongly for reform and against the tyranny and dishonesty of those who fear the way of human progress.

"No more, I say! We think and feel all too little. Our options are few, our doors are closed. I know only that my door is open. They will tell you I cannot win - that voting for an independent is a wasted vote. Who are they? I will not use the term to fear monger and divide. "They" are the tyrants inside each and every one of you and me.

"I do not have tyrants telling me who to endorse, who to vote for, how to vote, how to act, how to think, how to feel. I do not have tyrants restricting a constant flow of ideas. I do not use an outline for my speeches - I say and type as I think. I do not regulate the free flow of thought. I am not bound or pledged or promised to anyone or anything. No special interest controls me.

"As for my ideas, what will I do? I will stay constantly informed of the economic future, asking for more regulations when the economy's growth will naturally slow and less regulations when it will naturally increase. I have no base to appeal to, but I have no ceiling. In terms of elections, there is not a level I cannot sink beneath and there is not a ceiling I cannot break..

"My fellow Northeasterners, it is for you to judge. I ask for a fair and open debate moderator, if any of you reading this will agree to host it. Any debate will determine the strength of character of myself and anyone opposing me. You agreed I won the last debate I was in, and I am not afraid of any new one. I am not afraid of anything in this election.

"We can either stand united, or fall divided. That is your choice, for democracy is the theory that you the people know what it is you want and deserve it, for better or worse. And with that, I do not say goodbye, but see you soon. Thank you for coming. God bless you, God bless the Northeast, and God bless Atlasia!"
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »

Good to see you running! A few questions, Mr. Governor:

They will tell you I cannot win - that voting for an independent is a wasted vote.

1.) Who is saying that you can't win? I mean, you're in a sense the favorite, as you're technically the incumbent. Besides, in the IRV voting system there are no wasted votes, so no one is saying this. Even if you were far behind, someone could easily second-preference their favorite "contending" choice.

2.) You talk about your lack of party affiliation as a major selling point, but surely the partisan picture of Atlasia is not as gloomy as you paint it. For example, yesterday you were endorsed by Laborite Senator-Elect CXSmith, even though there's a Laborite in this race. If these "tyrants" that you speak of twisted his arm, surely they didn't do it hard enough. Also, most Atlasians, including most in the Northeast, are affiliated to a political party. Are they making a mistake in doing so?

3.) What are some concrete policy positions you have for the Governorship?

I look forward to your responses, Kingpoleon. And sorry if these are tricky questions, but a little vetting never hurt anyone, did it? Smiley
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:09:51 PM »

They will tell you I cannot win - that voting for an independent is a wasted vote.

1.) Who is saying that you can't win? I mean, you're in a sense the favorite, as you're technically the incumbent. Besides, in the IRV voting system there are no wasted votes, so no one is saying this. Even if you were far behind, someone could easily second-preference their favorite "contending" choice.

2.) You talk about your lack of party affiliation as a major selling point, but surely the partisan picture of Atlasia is not as gloomy as you paint it. For example, yesterday you were endorsed by Laborite Senator-Elect CXSmith, even though there's a Laborite in this race. If these "tyrants" that you speak of twisted his arm, surely they didn't do it hard enough. Also, most Atlasians, including most in the Northeast, are affiliated to a political party. Are they making a mistake in doing so?

I look forward to your responses, Kingpoleon. And sorry if these are tricky questions, but a little vetting never hurt anyone, did it? Smiley
I will be willing to answer the number three question.. Smiley on my thread
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 04:54:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »

Endorsed, my friend! You'll make an excellent governor.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 07:38:26 AM »

Endorsed and voted!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »

1.) Who is saying that you can't win? I mean, you're in a sense the favorite, as you're technically the incumbent.

1. Quite frankly, it's pretty obvious my opponents aren't taking me too seriously. Are you honestly saying that I am by any means the favorite? There aren't many polls. I entered this race because I wanted to win, not because I expected it.

2. I have, thus far, received endorsements only from Laborites. Granted, their party's candidate was on trial for treason, so I would hope I would receive their endorsements. I have not expected anything else.

3. Concrete?  I'd like to begin by signing into law BOOST TWO, which will hopefully reduce economic regulations during this time of economic growth. From there, I intend to be very careful in how we spend money, so as to not upset our economy. Additionally, I'd like to consider high speed rail, which would be coordinated with other regions. Its upkeep would be a lot less expensive than upkeep for major roads.

Tough? Not really. Fun? Definitely. Vetting most definitely isn't hurting me.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »

Nice responses, although I still think when you're technically the incumbent and the least right-wing non-SWE candidate in a center-left region, you're kind of the favorite. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies