Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:42:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread.  (Read 14209 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« on: September 21, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
« edited: September 22, 2015, 08:58:59 AM by Speaker Cris »

Today, the most senior Senator (PiT) will open the thread for the signing-in of the delegates.
In the next days, the people will elect 15 delegates. The Senate will select another 5 delegates from the parties that registered with the SoFE. With the 5 Senators selected by the Senate itself (the vote will close today), there will be 25 delegates.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »

So independents are being shut out, once again?

Absolutely not.
15 delegates (60% of total) will be elected by the regions and all people (including independents) had time to declare their candidacy.

There are many people (including you) that declared candidacy after the deadline, so I'm not sure you'll be included in the ballot.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »

Here's a novel idea.

How about more input from, oh, I don't know, maybe from THE PEOPLE!

Pass an AMENDMENT in the Senate increasing the number of delegates from 25 to 31, so there will be 10 from the Senate, 21 from THE PEOPLE, so THE PEOPLE have more input.

Four of the 21 delegates elected by the people are to be independents.

Duh!
Won't 2/3s be required to pass anything? That should have been the ratio, not 60/40. Now the Senate can block something if they don't like it. And they get to select which partisan members get into there? Sounds like cronyism to me!

No, it requires 3/5.
The Senate inserted the partisan selection only because the electorate was more balanced toward a party than the registered voters numbers.
Also... the Senate already selected their 5 delegates and considered that the partisan delegates will not be Senators ( they might be, but it's unlikely)... the Senate will be represented 5/25, that's only 20%.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 04:02:58 PM »

^ Still better than random selection.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »

you are holding a FORTY-EIGHT HOUR ELECTION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION DELEGATES AFTER GIVING VIRTUALLY NO NOTICE ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF A DELEGATE SELECTION PROCESS

I CAN'T EVEN WITH YOU PEOPLE

THIS MAKES ME FEEL SO ALLCAPS, GUYS.  YOU ARE PATHETIC.  YOU ARE PATHETIC.  YOU ARE PATHETIC.
That's not true. I created this thread on September 17.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=219317.0
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:53:17 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 08:57:02 AM by Speaker Cris »

you are holding a FORTY-EIGHT HOUR ELECTION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION DELEGATES AFTER GIVING VIRTUALLY NO NOTICE ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF A DELEGATE SELECTION PROCESS

I CAN'T EVEN WITH YOU PEOPLE

THIS MAKES ME FEEL SO ALLCAPS, GUYS.  YOU ARE PATHETIC.  YOU ARE PATHETIC.  YOU ARE PATHETIC.
That's not true. I created this thread on September 17.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=219317.0

Ah.  Excellent.  4 days notice.  I feel much better that our Senate overlords kindly allowed us a single solitary weekend to contemplate this idea and debate the issues and a generous 48 hours to vote for the candidates of their our choosing.  YOU WILL REGRET THIS.
If you didn't check the thread and declared your candidacy, I'm sorry but it's not our fault.
And let me say, I'm a bit tired of criticisms on all things.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »

I'd like to keep this thread as an informative and commentary thread.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »

We have just to wait the certification of results by the SoFE.
Then the Senate will select 5 delegates.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 12:06:03 PM »

These are the people writing our new Constitution

Northeast: Oakvale, Winfield, RGN08, Clyde1998
Mideast: JCL, Windjammer, vivaportugalhabs, NeverAgain
South: NCYankee, Leinad, Adam Griffin
Midwest: Cris, Marokai
Pacific: Simfan, Classic Conservative
Senators: Kalwejt, Lumine, RPryor, Harry S Truman, PiT
conservative: Tmthforu94, Clark Kent
progressive: Bore, evergreen
centrist: (to be determined; BMotley and pikachu currently tied with 2 votes each)

At least 17 of these 25 esteemed delegates must vote in favor of the final draft for it to pass

What is the mechanism for breaking this tie?
They are tied at 1st round, but it's STV (the same system of federal and regional elections).
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 11:56:09 AM »

I note that 7 out of 9, or 78%, of current Senators managed to get elected as Delegates to the Constitutional Convention.

Just sayin'.

Not a big surprise. According to the regulations, 5 Senators should be delegates.
Out of the remaining 20 elected delegates, only 2 (10%) were Senators. And both were elected by the people.

Maybe that's because the current batch of senators have been among the foremost advocates for game reform?

hahahhha what
All Senators have supported and signed petition for Constitutional Convention. You can say all things that you want about the Senators, but you can't say that they were not advocates for game reform. That's not true.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »

I assume this will be a lost cause since it's utterly dominated by ultra-conservatives (in the 'game reform' sense) of various affiliations like Yankee, Kalwejt, PiT, CLASSIC CONSERVATIVE, various Labor zombies etc etc etc but I will try my utmost to represent the people shut out of the convention by the undemocratic Senate.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »

I assume this will be a lost cause since it's utterly dominated by ultra-conservatives (in the 'game reform' sense) of various affiliations like Yankee, Kalwejt, PiT, CLASSIC CONSERVATIVE, various Labor zombies etc etc etc but I will try my utmost to represent the people shut out of the convention by the undemocratic Senate.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yes, yes, it's very democratic to unilaterally seize control of almost half the delegate positions, we know.
Looks like it's a lost cause.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »

Has it started yet? If so, what is the plan for it?
Today, Senator PiT will open a 48-hours vote for the election of the Presiding Officer.
After this vote, the Convention will start.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »

About the Kalwejt seat. It's true that there is nothing on a replacement, but who imagined that a Senator would have resign from his delegate spot? However, even if there isn't a wrote rule, it's clear that he should be replaced by a Senator, because Kalwejt was selected as a representative of the Senate.
About Duke: If it's for me, he'd be a delegate. He's really a capable person, but he didn't run for the delegate election and he didn't declared his intention to be selected by the Senate. So a delegate spot for Duke is nothing granted.

The ConCon already lacks credibility due to being stuffed with zombie voters, dullards and most obviously, half (!!!!) the far-right Senate. Not to mention the reactionary conspiracy to elect Cris as the presiding officer by leaving me off the ballot. Just let's all agree Duke should be a delegate and move on.
LOL. There isn't any conspiracy. I'm sure Senator PiT will not have nothing against opening a new vote with you on the ballot. We'll see the results Wink

I'll do my utmost to try and bring some reason to proceedings but look at the list of people attending - we've got ultra-conservatives (those resistant to anything but the most superficial change), conservatives (those who want some change but want to ultimately save the current system, not replace it) and only a few radicals.

Northeast: Oakvale (radical), Winfield (ultra-conservative) RGN08 (ultra-conservative), Clyde1998 (radical)

Mideast: JCL (lmao), Windjammer (conservative), vivaportugalhabs (clone of windjammer), NeverAgain (clone of windjammer) (truly shocking results in the Mideast tbh)

South: NCYankee (lmao), Leinad (ultra-conservative), Adam Griffin (has a credible plan but will ultimately be concerned with sustaining indefinitely the failed communist system)

Midwest: Cris (ultra-conservative), Marokai (conservative)

Pacific: Simfan (conservative), Classic Conservative (lmao)

Senators: Kalwejt (RIP), Lumine (ultra-conservative), RPryor (ultra-conservative), Harry S Truman (conservative), PiT (ultra-conservative)

conservative: Tmthforu94 (conservative), Clark Kent (ultra-conservative)

progressive: Bore, (radical) evergreen (radical)

centrist: BMotley (ultra-conservative)
That's only garbage. I'm not an ultra-conservative, as a lot of other delegates aren't ultra conservative on this matter. We can be conservatives or not in policy matters, but not at this time. You are saying that I'm an ultra conservative, when I was an advocate for Constitutional Convention (the same convention in which you are a delegate now) from the first day.

Also can someone give a good reason why someone like Verin, who's been championing radical change in Atlasia for the better part of a decade, is not a delegate?
He didn't declared candidacy for the delegate election. Then he ran as a write-in candidate, but he lost that election. Then the undemocratic Senate included him on the ballot for centrist delegate, but he was not selected. Are these good reasons?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »

The Constitutional Convention as opposed to just collectively saying "let's try something else" was inherently a conservative idea.
So why are you serving in it?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2015, 02:11:10 PM by Speaker Cris »

Well, I'm glad that the convention at least sees me "capable enough" to be a delegate seeing as I was the original author of the plan many are championing now.

Feel free to pluck someone else out of the senate. I'm just offering my services.
There were a lot of occasions for being a delegate. Looks like there is still a way for you to be a delegate thanks to the Senate replacement.

Some people are saying that is unconstitutional that the Senate will pick the Kalwejt's replacement.
I'd like to remember that including independents on the famous Senate ballot was "unconstitutional" too, but no one had anything to say at that time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies