Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread.  (Read 14171 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: September 21, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »

So independents are being shut out, once again?

Absolutely not.
15 delegates (60% of total) will be elected by the regions and all people (including independents) had time to declare their candidacy.

There are many people (including you) that declared candidacy after the deadline, so I'm not sure you'll be included in the ballot.
Who came up with the idea of giving Senate the ability to pick almost half of the members? Oh wait, let me guess: Senate.

This is the worst Senate in Atlasian history, Tmth. Nothing surprising. They're also currently trying to illegally and unconstitutionally usurp the President's power after the fact.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:20:26 AM »

Jesus.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »

The Convention is overwhelmingly dominated by conservatives, the only difference is in degree.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:29:29 AM »

I assume this will be a lost cause since it's utterly dominated by ultra-conservatives (in the 'game reform' sense) of various affiliations like Yankee, Kalwejt, PiT, CLASSIC CONSERVATIVE, various Labor zombies etc etc etc but I will try my utmost to represent the people shut out of the convention by the undemocratic Senate.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

I assume this will be a lost cause since it's utterly dominated by ultra-conservatives (in the 'game reform' sense) of various affiliations like Yankee, Kalwejt, PiT, CLASSIC CONSERVATIVE, various Labor zombies etc etc etc but I will try my utmost to represent the people shut out of the convention by the undemocratic Senate.

It could come together but I wonder if the veterans that are involved will be able to compensate for the newer people who haven't seen all the failed reforms and debates over the past few years.  Of course it might help having a bunch of new people instead of a lot more of the Nay first crowd that's been around here forever.

God willing people will take a look at the ruins of the disastrous 2010 convention. The threads are still there and are entirely people begging someone to end it after literally nothing happened for three months.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:14 AM »

The ConCon already lacks credibility due to being stuffed with zombie voters, dullards and most obviously, half (!!!!) the far-right Senate. Not to mention the reactionary conspiracy to elect Cris as the presiding officer by leaving me off the ballot. Just let's all agree Duke should be a delegate and move on.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yes, yes, it's very democratic to unilaterally seize control of almost half the delegate positions, we know.

I love how Evergreen is accusing the Senate of being "undemocratic" when she literally suggested choosing delegates based on post count.

And Oakvale, I'd love to see a list of the so-called "Labor zombies" that supposedly control the convention. Of the six Laborites attending the Convention, the only one who has not been consistently active over the past month is the president, who you continue to defend despite all rationality. That being the case, I'll just assume that you're blowing smoke as usual and have no intention of doing anything remotely constructive. 

I'll do my utmost to try and bring some reason to proceedings but look at the list of people attending - we've got ultra-conservatives (those resistant to anything but the most superficial change), conservatives (those who want some change but want to ultimately save the current system, not replace it) and only a few radicals.

Northeast: Oakvale (radical), Winfield (ultra-conservative) RGN08 (ultra-conservative), Clyde1998 (radical)

Mideast: JCL (lmao), Windjammer (conservative), vivaportugalhabs (clone of windjammer), NeverAgain (clone of windjammer) (truly shocking results in the Mideast tbh)

South: NCYankee (lmao), Leinad (ultra-conservative), Adam Griffin (has a credible plan but will ultimately be concerned with sustaining indefinitely the failed communist system)

Midwest: Cris (ultra-conservative), Marokai (conservative)

Pacific: Simfan (conservative), Classic Conservative (lmao)

Senators: Kalwejt (RIP), Lumine (ultra-conservative), RPryor (ultra-conservative), Harry S Truman (conservative), PiT (ultra-conservative)

conservative: Tmthforu94 (conservative), Clark Kent (ultra-conservative)

progressive: Bore, (radical) evergreen (radical)

centrist: BMotley (ultra-conservative)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 11:31:50 AM »

Also can someone give a good reason why someone like Verin, who's been championing radical change in Atlasia for the better part of a decade, is not a delegate?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »

The Constitutional Convention as opposed to just collectively saying "let's try something else" was inherently a conservative idea.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »

Enjoy ROTFLOLing!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »

I'd actually argue that, by and large and with obvious exceptions like Yankee, it's the newer players that are far more conservative in terms of reform than those of us who've been around a disgustingly long time and know Atlasia's played itself out.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 09:12:43 PM »

I'd actually argue that, by and large and with obvious exceptions like Yankee, it's the newer players that are far more conservative in terms of reform than those of us who've been around a disgustingly long time and know Atlasia's played itself out.

Then perhaps those are tired should move on and let the newbies have their fun rather than ruin the game for everyone. Or at the very least come forth with new proposals.

I wouldn't be a delegate at the ConCon if I didn't have new proposals!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies