Post-Walker GOP Drop Out Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:23:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Post-Walker GOP Drop Out Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who's up next?
Donald Trump

Jeb Bush

Ben Carson

Marco Rubio

Carly Fiorina

John Kasich

George Pataki

Jim Gilmore

Lindsey Graham

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

Mike Huckabee

Ted Cruz

Rand Paul

Bobby Jindal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Post-Walker GOP Drop Out Poll  (Read 2538 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 06:38:05 PM »

Santorum or Jindal.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »

Walker dropping out is the equivalent to the Pawlenty weakness in 2012 polling, followed by his sudden and relatively unexpected dropping out.

I don't consider Pataki or Gilmore to be "real candidates", so them dropping out now or later really doesn't matter and I don't think actually counts in terms of "who's next?".

Anyone who remembers 2012 knows that Santorum is perfectly fine with campaigning on a shoestring budget, out of a single pick-up truck, and talking to very small crowds. It's really how he managed to win IA in the first place. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Jindal really is the most likely next drop-out. He seems to be that mix of "I take myself too seriously" and "I should be doing a lot better than this" attitudes that will lead to him becoming thoroughly exhausted with this charade (at least Graham has the ability to crack jokes about how poorly he's doing and about himself; Jindal is a stiff and won't be taking much more of this).
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2015, 06:47:00 PM by Averroës »

Does anyone know how serious Jindal's operation is? Does he have a campaign bus, more than a handful of paid staffers, is he getting air time in early primary states etc.? He was my choice in the previous poll and I am surprised that he hasn't dropped out yet, to be honest. He was pretty ghastly in the second debate, to the point that I almost feel worried about him.

Santorum's campaign is a viable candidate for most depressing primary redux of all time, but he was doing no better at this point in 2012, IIRC, so, as far as I can guess, he will persist, animated by a cargo cult-like faith that if you drive around Iowa long enough and visit all of its 99 counties, Providence will take care of the rest.

If it's anyone else, I'll be surprised and it'll probably be for reasons that aren't yet public knowledge. Pataki, Graham, Gilmore, and Huckabee aren't running serious or expensive enough campaigns to leave at this point no matter how little support they're drawing (although an abrupt and unceremonious boredom-induced withdrawal wouldn't be all that shocking, I guess). Christie, Paul, and Kasich aren't doing well, but each is within spitting distance or even ahead of Jeb! in at least NH, so they've got that going for them, and AFAIK there is no indication that any are struggling to make payroll or anything.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »

I kind of want to say Christie, but I think Pataki and Santorum is a higher chance.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies