announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: announcement  (Read 550 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2005, 06:39:59 PM »

I have heard some rumors about my candidacy for Senator of the Mideast region.  I know there are a few people who said some good things or bad things about me. 

I'm using this thread, simply to announce that I WILL be running for the for the senate of the Mideastern region under the Libertarian party.

I understand that the Mideast, as well as the rest of Altasia have concerns that need to be dealt with, as a libertarian, I have a simple approach that greatly reduce many of our problems and increase the quality of living.

My plan is three fold
1.Whenever a service need to be performed, the solution will be to fix it through the free market.  By doing so, rather than using government
-competition will encourage others to do the best they can.
-competition will encouage better results will cheaper costs.
-competition will provide a choice, rather than a single system
-charity will take care of those who are less fortunate.  People will be more likely to give to charity provided it's less not coercive and they have more money to donate (through lower taxes and deregulation)

2. Victimless crimes are not crimes.  Three examples
-gambling, which is considered to be a victimless crime, should not be punished because it's your responsibility
-drug usage, even beyond marijuana is still a victimless crime, and should not be punished.  If a person drives while stoned and crashes his car into another, it is only his responsibility, and he should be charged with the penalty regardless of the condition he was under.
-prostitution is no concern of the state, if two consenting adults agree to exchange money for sex.  Someone who utilizes prostitution services whether streetwalking or in a brothel knows well the risk, and is responsible his body.

3.Federalism and Individualism.  The Atlasian government should have very little role in it's citizens' lives.  Individuals need to learn the value of social contract and settling differences by themselves.  Sometimes an issue can be settled by a regional governor or justice, but this should be a rare occurance.

There is actually a number four.  The most basic libertarian principle is non-agression.  I refuse to run any negative campaigns on my opponents, or belittle them or their credentials.  Texasgurl and MasterJedi, although I may not agree with thier veiws, are capable of running good campaigns, and should not be attacked in a campaign by myself or anyone else.  If there is anyone I hurt up to this point, I apologize and do promise not to do it again.

However, if I am attacked by Texasgurl, MasterJedi, or anyone else, you can bet your bootstraps I will defend myself and won't hold anything back.

I hope to serve well the mideastern region. It's a very diverse and beautiful land, with great people.  In reality, I have been to every state in the region, except for Missouri.  Come election day, vote Milk_and _Cereal for Senator of the Mideast.

Thank you, and God Bless the Mideast.

<exit> cheers, Milk and Cereal theme song playing in background.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 06:56:17 PM »

Ooooh, now I'm even more undecided.  Good luck for your campaign M&C. Smiley
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 10:41:57 PM »

thanks Joe