Talleyrand v Adam Griffin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:08:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Talleyrand v Adam Griffin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Talleyrand v Adam Griffin  (Read 2355 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »

Honorable Justices,

I am filing suit today to remove the "Registrar General" Adam Griffin from the office he is illegally occupying and see him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Mr. Griffin became RG (legitimately that time) on March 31, 2015 after being confirmed by the Senate.

I, Adam Griffin, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Registrar General and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Nate.

However, he was banned from the forum for a period of at least a week in late July/early August. He himself confirmed this, as did several administrators on this forum.

Information has come to my attention that Griffin played a key role in the Tweed/BaconKing release of private info in the Moderator's Corner. That was the cause of his ban.

If anyone has any evidence that this isn't true, please let me know and I will reconsider. The matter is still being investigated.

I guess Adam's ban expires either today or tomorrow (not sure which).

Under the terms of the following act, Mr. Griffin ceased to be a citizen of Atlasia for that time period.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In fact, he did not even re-register until August 24th!

Hang on Atlasia I'm coming home

Adam Griffin
Labor
Georgia

Since he was no longer a citizen or registered voter, he lost his position as Registrar General and was never re-appointed or re-confirmed.

Yet during this time, he has violated the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act by performing the duties of this position.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Re-Consolidation_Criminal_Justice_Act

Specifically, he has violated Section 2, Clause 4.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »

During this period, even when another citizen pointed out that he was longer RG, he violated this act at least 4 times.

Adam has been banned. We need a new RG.

Census Atlasia
August 6, 2015

RegionLaborFedTPPCRANUSDROtherIndTotal
Mideast191331012443
Northeast12752214841
Midwest9521115529
South31020243327
Pacific2236302119
Total45371510871621159
Census Atlasia
August 20, 2015

RegionLaborFedTPPCRANUSDROtherIndTotal
Mideast191431012444
Northeast10752215941
Midwest8521115528
South31120243227
Pacific2236302119
Total42391510871721159
Census Atlasia
August 25, 2015

RegionFedLaborTPPCRANUSD-RNNPOtherIndTotal
Mideast1316310102339
Northeast77522133838
South104202412227
Midwest46211104524
Pacific22363002119
Total363515108741319147

The following 12 Atlasians have been removed from the voter rolls, having missed three consecutive elections:

BrewerPaul
daveosupremo
GAworth
Goodwin45
Joe Mad
liberty142
Nagas
Not Great Bob
RINO Tom
Rooney
ScottieF
Vosem
Census Atlasia
September 11, 2015

RegionFedLaborTPPCRANUSD-RNNPOtherIndTotal
Mideast1316310102339
Northeast78522133839
South114101412226
Midwest47211104424
Pacific22463002120
Total373715107741318148

Justices, I implore the Court to remove this man from office as soon as is humanly possible and punish him under the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.

I am seeking the full punishment of a one year ban on voting in any Atlasian election, and a two year ban on holding office under the Republic of Atlasia, at any level of government.

Thank you, Talleyrand
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:19:39 AM »

does the Protection of Atlasians from Arbitrary Forum Administration Act apply here? i'm not entirely sure
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:21:30 AM »

does the Protection of Atlasians from Arbitrary Forum Administration Act apply here? i'm not entirely sure

Only if a "member of the Forum administration or moderator team" announced "that the ban was mistaken or accidental" at some point prior to August 6th (when he began resuming the functions of his office)

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=216010.msg4687784#msg4687784
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »

If I understand correctly what talleyrand is saying:
1) he believes Griffin should have been deregistered
2) and he's filing a lawsuit against him.

Like Sirnick's precedent showed, you cant prosecute someone who isn't registered anymore. So, talleyrand cannot file a lawsuit against the actions made by someone he believes isn't registered.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »

Like Sirnick's precedent showed, you cant prosecute someone who isn't registered anymore. So, talleyrand cannot file a lawsuit against the actions made by someone he believes isn't registered.

With this acute sense of legal reasoning, no wonder your side has been DESTROYED in all court cases you've been involved in!!!

Griffin was deregistered as a voter during his ban, and that was an automatic (or immediate action).

He has since re-registered and is performing the duties of a cabinet position that he ceased to hold when he de-registered. That is blatantly illegal according to the Criminal Justice Act, and I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law for lying to and abusing the trust of the Atlasian people. He should be removed from the position he is illegally occupying ASAP; I am outraged that he was able to get away with this behavior for so long!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 02:41:33 PM »

With this acute sense of legal reasoning, no wonder your side has been DESTROYED in all court cases you've been involved in!!!

Griffin was deregistered as a voter during his ban, and that was an automatic (or immediate action).

He has since re-registered and is performing the duties of a cabinet position that he ceased to hold when he de-registered. That is blatantly illegal according to the Criminal Justice Act, and I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law for lying to and abusing the trust of the Atlasian people. He should be removed from the position he is illegally occupying ASAP; I am outraged that he was able to get away with this behavior for so long!

Just curious,
Why have you become a such ass hole with me? I neverdid aanything against you and you spent your recent time behaving like an ass hole.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:46:26 PM »

Just curious,
Why have you become a such ass hole with me? I neverdid aanything against you and you spent your recent time behaving like an ass hole.

You have made desperate, unfounded attacks on my character (total fabrications) out of nowhere! I never did anything to you and you impugned what I stand for by accusing me of "sabotage" and telling me to "get out". I was deeply wounded by those claims, and cannot believe that you would stoop so low!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »

[quote authat =Mideast Governor windjammer link=topic=219661.msg4735038#msg4735038 date=1442950893]

Just curious,

You have made desperate, unfounded attacks on my character (total fabrications) out of nowhere! I never did anything to you and you impugned what I stand for by accusing me of "sabotage" and telling me to "get out". I was deeply wounded by those claims, and cannot believe that you would stoop so low!
[/quote]
Oh I see,
You have become a full atlas poster. There is something that is bothering you irl and you're using this forum in order to reassure yourself or something like that. That's why you're reacting like an ass hole, because you want to build an image you dont have irl. That's why you have spent a lot of your time filing a lawsuit about a game you dont care anymore.

Listen, I dont really give a f*** about this forum and this game anymore. I m too busy irl. So if it can help you at personal level to behave like a total ass hole, well fine, I m glad to help.

There are too many posters on this forum who are aggressive because they have problems irl and yhat seems to be the case for you.
I do hope this isn't too dramatic and I hope you will fix whatever is bothering you quickly.
Take care

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 03:23:55 PM »

Huh

I haven't seen your university qualifications in psychoanalysis, nor do I have no clue why you think you know anything about my personal life, but alright! This just feeds into your general pattern of deranged behavior.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back to the substance at hand here, which is the court case I've filed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 03:24:30 PM »

1. Griffin opposes establishing relations with the Mock Parliament
2. Griffin gets sued by a Mock Parliament dude who only comes back to Atlasia to complain

Can you be more transparent than this?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »

1. Griffin opposes establishing relations with the Mock Parliament
2. Griffin gets sued by a Mock Parliament dude who only comes back to Atlasia to complain

Can you be more transparent than this?

Senator, I am very passionate about the continued survival of Atlasia. I believe Adam Griffin has made some good proposals in his presidential campaign, but that excuses no one from following the law, as you should well know, considering you are a former Attorney General of this country.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »

Huh

I haven't seen your university qualifications in psychoanalysis, nor do I have no clue why you think you know anything about my personal life, but alright! This just feeds into your general pattern of deranged behavior.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back to the substance at hand here, which is the court case I've filed.
It doesnt need any diploma to notice how your behaviour has become "Ooooooh look at me, I m a cool kid. And I m rude as well" like spending your so f****** time writing a lawsuit just for trolling the maximum.
But whatever, I have nothing against you and I hope you're well.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »

Huh

It doesnt need any diploma to notice how your behaviour has become "Ooooooh look at me, I m a cool kid. And I m rude as well" like spending your so f****** time writing a lawsuit just for trolling the maximum.

Governor, I wish you the same. I only wish you had the maturity and dignity to not make attacks questioning the mental health of a citizen simply because they want to see the laws of this nation be followed or continually blow hot air! Adam Griffin has broken the law and lied to the Atlasian people; I simply intend to remedy that. The fact that he is your political ally does not excuse his horrific actions, nor does it make legal action against him "trolling".
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »

faceplam

Guys in all seriousness just re-nominate Griffin and get this mess over with, Talleyrand just wants to move to the Northeast and not in 5 months so it can become independent and then get rid of Atlasia,same with the NNP thing over on the other board, so he will bitch and moan till he gets his way
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »

Huh

By the way,

Governor, I wish you the same. I only wish you had the maturity and dignity to not make attacks questioning the mental health of a citizen simply because they want to see the laws of this nation be followed or continually blow hot air! Adam Griffin has broken the law and lied to the Atlasian people; I simply intend to remedy that. The fact that he is your political ally does not excuse his horrific actions, nor does it make legal action against him "trolling".
I have never said you were crazy. However what I can confirm is that you have become a troll.
Hmmmmmm, this is what happens when people go to the IRC which is full of people who are intoxicated most of the time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 06:13:38 PM »

I propose we all relax until a justice gets here.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »

man, windjammer, what happened to you? you used to be the most consistently friendly person on the forum
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »

I was never removed from the voter rolls in Atlasia, and therefore never removed from my role as Registrar General, because there was nobody else functioning as or appointed to the role of Registrar General who could determine the eligibility of my registration status.

Additionally, no moderator ever confirmed the banishment in Atlasia, a process I as Registrar General have always required to be done within the confines of the FE boards in order to deregister a citizen - a primary example being sawx [1][2] - based on my interpretation of the De-registration of Banned Members Act, which says that a forum moderator must confirm the banishment (in Atlasia). The Fantasyland Senate doesn't have the authority to dictate to the forum at-large whether or how policies enacted in-game must be enforced, so it only makes sense that events that occur outside of this domain are not recognized without in-game acknowledgement.

To interpret this any other way would ignore the reality of precedent, namely that there have been many different instances of banned voters over the course of several years who have remained on the voter rolls in Atlasia because their banishments were not reported to the Registrar General via the FE boards. Voters are not automatically removed from the game by virtue of being banned if no announcement is made on this board, and they sure as hell are not if the RG does not recognize it. This is how it has worked for years.

Automatic removal from the rolls is not specified in this act, meaning that the Registrar General must act in accordance in order to validate it, or in cases where the de-registration might be disputed, a relevant court case must be filed to determine eligibility.

This case might have merit in any other circumstance, but not in this one.

I am the Registrar General; I and I alone have authority in determining who is a valid and registered citizen of Atlasia and who is not based on the updates provided by my office to the Atlasian public, presumably unless otherwise ruled via the courts. No valid updates or changes in registration could be made with the authority of the Census Bureau during the period that's outlined as meriting this case, and without a component for automatic removal, the de-registration in question never occurred.

As RG, I declare that the registration in question was and has remained consistently valid since January 24, 2014. The plantiff contests the validity of such registration - his opinion is not fact - and as such, he or someone else should file the appropriate case and a verdict should be rendered by the court before the current case even be considered, if not outright dismissal of both potential claims.

As such, I request that this case be dismissed and if the plantiff and/or court finds it applicable, a new case can be filed/granted certiorari contesting the validity of the registration in question, which I declare to be valid, consistent and never subject to de-registration.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »

This has been seen. The Court will discuss and return in the near future.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 01:51:54 AM »

man, windjammer, what happened to you? you used to be the most consistently friendly person on the forum
Hmmmmmmm?
I didn't know being worried about someone makes me unfriendly, but whatever.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 02:22:11 AM »

The timing of this lawsuit is a bit suspicious.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 05:33:49 AM »

And another witchunt what a surprise.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »

I think the President should re-appoint Griffin now (or have a stand-in at the moment) to prevent major issues - such as not knowing the electorate for an election that they take place between now and the conclusion of this trial.

I'm not 100% sure where Griffin stands on a legally though.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »

Your personal actions don't supersede clear-set federal law, and it is outrageous that you think because you did not de-register yourself, you can get away with this criminal behavior! You have twisted and made up facts out of nowhere and now are holding the nation hostage in an act of massive political terrorism.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies