South America Parliament Speaker Barnes to address Senate on Thursday.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:03:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South America Parliament Speaker Barnes to address Senate on Thursday.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: South America Parliament Speaker Barnes to address Senate on Thursday.  (Read 1453 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:44:56 PM »

I'd like to inform my fellow Senators that the Honorable Barnes, Speaker of the Parliament of South America, invited me to address the Parliament on the topic of inter-parliamentary exchange and the growing relationship between our two legislative bodies and between our two nations. I have accepted his invitation and I'll address the Parliament of South America tomorrow afternoon.

I have extended a similar invitation to the Honorable Barnes to address the Senate of the Atlasia. Speaker Barnes has accepted my invitation and will address the Senate on Thursday.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 05:17:30 PM »

Since I'm in town can I come and listen.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »

I'd like to welcome the honorable Speaker in advance to this chamber and trust that his visit will begin the work of building a firm league of friendship between our republics.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »

I look forward to what he has to say!

There's obviously strong anti-Atlasian elements in South America, but hopefully we can work past the extremists and find a path to diplomatic relations. Barnes seems like a level-headed fellow, and he's done a good job as Speaker, so there's a good chance this will help us in that direction.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 01:29:22 AM »

OMG, what if he pulls his trademark disappearing act during his visit? Tongue We'll be at war by Monday.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 06:57:28 AM »

…i thought y'all were claiming south america doesn't exist?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »

With all possible respect for Barnes, due to recent actions by some of the Mock Parliament's highest official, obviously trying to disrupt the game even more (Adam case), I shall not attend the speech.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »

With all possible respect for Barnes, due to recent actions by some of the Mock Parliament's highest official, obviously trying to disrupt the game even more (Adam case), I shall not attend the speech.

Why is it okay for Mr. Griffin to commit vicious acts and lay claim to an office he does not hold, and cripple this whole game simply because he is terrified of facing the courts, but awful for me to have the courage to take him to task on the behalf of the silent majority of the citizenry? I am utterly puzzled.

I, for one, will definitely attend Speaker Cris's speech to the South American Parliament. I am not going to let domestic politics threaten the vital relationship between our two nations.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

You are simply a petulant child. Resign!
Unlike you, Kalwejt is actually explaining his position calmly and respectfully, even if he is understandably irritated by this situation. It's extremely clear what's going on here, and were it anyone other than Barnes making this speech, I would be tempted to sit this out too.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

I truly respect Barnes, and I consider him to be a great person in many aspects, so I expect he will forgive me for not attending as well. The behavior of many high officials from the Mock Parliament is beyond excusable and proves, once again, the point of many of us being wary of the current situation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »

As with the rest of my parliamentary colleagues, I had the pleasure of welcoming Mr. Cris to South America and to hear his thoughtful and considered speech on the state of relations between our two countries. It is disappointing to see respected figures turning into braying Tea Partiers in response to the Hon. Barnes' reciprocal address.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:03 PM »

Considering some of the hostile and detrimental activities that we have seen from South American officials, I must join my Senate colleagues in solidarity and decline to attend Mr. Barnes's speech. My apologies to him in doing so.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »

Since I'm in town at the time I will be attending to show my support for Speaker Barnes even though I disagree entirely and maybe South Americans can respect our sovereignty and not kill our game, but if he says one thing that sounds like he's anti Atlasia I walk out.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »

How are you guys going to be heroically boycotting this? Not logging in?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 05:22:22 PM »

I am greatly looking forward to hearing this speech.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »

Considering some of the hostile and detrimental activities that we have seen from South American officials, I must join my Senate colleagues in solidarity and decline to attend Mr. Barnes's speech. My apologies to him in doing so.

I would like to thank PiT for taking my words to heart. I hope to convey further messages (as I have done today) straight from the government to your ears again!

It has been an honor being an emissary. I can only hope that you can catch a transcript of Barnes' speech after it's over.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »

I would like to hear what Barnes has to say.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 05:29:15 PM »

Turkisblau is a state bureaucrat in the civil service and a member of the crank far-left party with three MPs. Why is his word gospel?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 06:04:45 PM »

Turkisblau is a state bureaucrat in the civil service and a member of the crank far-left party with three MPs. Why is his word gospel?

I was thinking of saying the same thing practically verbatim. But I didn't want to appear too dismissive of his work.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »

I was in the gallery of the South American Parliament to hear the speech by Senator Cris.  Some friends of mine in the South American Parliament reserved a gallery seat for me.

His speech was meaningful and thoughtful and I enjoyed it very much. 
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »

Since I'm in town at the time I will be attending to show my support for Speaker Barnes even though I disagree entirely and maybe South Americans can respect our sovereignty and not kill our game, but if he says one thing that sounds like he's anti Atlasia I walk out.

Pray tell, how exactly do you intend to "walk out"? The sheer buffoonery by some individuals in this thread in astounding!!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »

Pray tell, how exactly do you intend to "walk out"? The sheer buffoonery by some individuals in this thread in astounding!!
I use my legs and walk out of the room, it's not that hard to do.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

I will be in the gallery to hear the speech from Mr. Barnes.

I am looking forward to it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

Why are we letting representatives from an obviously fascist country speak here? This is absurd!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »

I was thinking of saying the same thing practically verbatim. But I didn't want to appear too dismissive of his work.

I said the same several times in that thread, so I wouldn't be too hurt, Simmy.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies