The greatest poster that is no longer active?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The greatest poster that is no longer active?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The greatest poster that is no longer active?  (Read 1862 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

The only correct answer is Lewis.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 09:02:42 AM »

No question a wonderful case can be made for him.  Always outstanding.  Glad he's on AAD!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »

IMHO…

1) Lunar
2) Gabu
3) Verily
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »

Migrendel and StatesRights.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »

All Gabu did was post bland Moderate Hero nonsense. He never made any election maps, posted interesting analysis of results, analyze polls in depth, etc.

Yeah, when you compare it to the great election maps and poll analysis Opebo provided it doesn't measure up at all.

Actually opebo did make a few maps and provided some interesting insight into the St. Louis area and Thai politics.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »

No. Kitteh was awful and the unfortunate circumstances of her passing will not change a thing about her posting style or content.

Anywho I greatly miss Sawx.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »

jmfcst
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 07:30:37 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2015, 07:44:50 PM by angus »

I never cared much for superlatives.  Everything nowadays is the biggest or the bestest or the greatest or the first or the last.  This probably stems from what His Holiness calls the idolatry of money and the tyranny of capitalism.  Hardly a 30-minute spot goes by without us hearing about the greatest breakthrough in shaving technology or the fastest internet service.  Ironically, only the drug companies are being honest.  Perhaps too much so.  ("If you're pregnant, or thinking of becoming pregnant, or even know anyone who is pregnant, perhaps you should consult a physician before entering a room where this stuff is sitting on the shelf.")  Truth is, there are a whole bunch of badasses, and we have forgotten that it's okay to just say, "he's a badass," because we're constantly hearing about the baddest badass that there ever was.  Maybe the old fart is on to something with that tyranny of capitalism schtick.

Anyway, a few more come to mind.  I was always a fan of MortfromNewYawk, although with fewer than 400 posts he might not be considered the greatest.  Lunar also was precient with his observations, and opebo generally made me think long and hard about whatever I wasn't thinking hard enough or long enough about.  Supersoulty also had a wealth of knowledge and predictive powers.  And of course Phil was about as straight an arrow as ever posted, and was able to analyze not only politics but also football (especially anytime the Italians were playing.)  Lewis was never afraid to call a spade a spade.  I didn't always agree with him, but I respect his forthright manner.  Same goes for John Dibble (although maybe he still posts here?)

Still, tyranny aside, diatribe aside, I'd have to call jmfcst the greatest among the posters no longer posting. Mostly because he was the first one I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies