Opinion of Talleyrand's shenanigans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:51:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Opinion of Talleyrand's shenanigans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Talleyrand be quartered and flensed?
HP (Yes)

FF (No)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Opinion of Talleyrand's shenanigans  (Read 1673 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »

In the span of just two days, he has attacked my office without reason, attacked multiple citizens under the same pretenses and also has filed a court case in order to further destabilize the country by removing from office and from the game the only glorious soldier who can lead us all to a great resurgence. This is likely being done in order to glorify Mock Parliment, and I personally view this as a declaration of war by them on our beautiful game. Talleyrand is also a known secessionist sympathizer who rejoined the game with several others, solely to cause mischief, kill the game by ripping it into pieces and troll us into submission.

Should Talleyrand be forcibly and violently removed from the game's premises like Bushie at a call center post-training? Do we have our new Xahar at long last? You be the judge!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:44:02 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 09:45:58 PM by Talleyrandbull »

I have not attacked anyone without good reason. There is a xenophobic minority in this country that has been out to get me from the moment I returned to this game to help restore it. I am very passionate about its survival, as I have stated multiple times at this point. The vicious attacks by Adam Griffin, a known criminal, should not influence anyone's objective assessment of the situation here.

It is my duty as a law-abiding citizen to stand up to his thuggery and make sure he is prosecuted for his crimes against the country. We cannot be bystanders to his violent, destructive record in this game and the witchhunt he is perpetuating! He wants to create an authoritarian era of darkness and turn the nation we love into a sheet of glass!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:50:46 PM »

Passionate enough to call for its destruction and then abandon it? LOL

Don't listen to this silly little troll. He is clearly lying and his actions prove it.

Also, stop stuffing the ballot; we all know you're doing it!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »

Don't listen to this silly little troll. He is clearly lying and his actions prove it.

I deeply regret my past actions in leaving this game; I know believe that it can coexist peacefully and happily with mock parliament. My views have changed, but I firmly believe the current state of affairs is unacceptable. We need to take out the trash that has infiltrated the workings of this game as soon as humanly possible!

I am disgusting by your slanderous claims and horrified you would stoop so low!!! You should be ashamed of yourself.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »

I deeply regret my past actions in leaving this game; I know believe that it can coexist peacefully and happily with mock parliament. My views have changed, but I firmly believe the current state of affairs is unacceptable. We need to take out the trash that has infiltrated the workings of this game as soon as humanly possible!

I am disgusting by your slanderous claims and horrified you would stoop so low!!! You should be ashamed of yourself.

Liar!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:01:27 PM »

Liar!

Thug! Criminal!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:12 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 11:12:50 PM by Governor Leinad »

If Adam's a criminal it's on a technicality. He's done nothing objectively wrong in any way whatsoever, in fact he's been excellent in his performance as Registrar General. If you truly cared about the game as you claim to do, you would be doing a vast number of things other than this waste of a lawsuit (it's a waste not just because it's stupid, but because the President will probably, and probably should, pardon and re-appoint Griffin in the off-chance the court rules in your favor).

Also--where in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does "xenophobia" come in to play?!? That's some of the most bizarre, blatantly false, humorously ludicrous statements I've ever read on the internet--and that's saying something!

And that second paragraph of your first post--I laugh, because surely you've delved into self-parody by that point. Surely you can't be remotely serious. Surely...

Pengiun! (Am I doing this right?)

Edit: I guess I can't count...
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

If Adam's a criminal it's on a technicality. He's done nothing objectively wrong in any way whatsoever, in fact he's been excellent in his performance as Registrar General. If you truly cared about the game as you claim to do, you would be doing a vast number of things other than this waste of a lawsuit (it's a waste not just because it's stupid, but because the President will probably, and probably should, pardon and re-appoint Griffin in the off-chance the court rules in your favor).

Also--where in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does "xenophobia" come in to play?!? That's some of the most bizarre, blatantly false, humorously ludicrous statements I've ever read on the internet--and that's saying something!

And that second paragraph of your third post--I laugh, because surely you've delved into self-parody by that point. Surely you can't be remotely serious. Surely...

My third post does not have a second paragraph. You must be seeing things!

Breaking the law is still breaking the law, and Griffin has LIED to the Atlasian people about his role in office and abused their trust by occupying a seat he no longer holds. Far more innocent people have been prosecuted in this game.

If the President issues a pardon, so be it, but we must fight for justice for as long as we are still alive!

And I am outraged you are calling the persecution of South American citizens a joke!!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 10:12:34 PM »

My opinion is Adam was a fantastic GM and has been an equally fantastic RG, so this sounds like nothing more than someone trying to have a pissing contest over technicalities, so when it's over and should it be necessary, I hope he is promptly re-nominated for the position he has performed so well at.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »

My opinion is Adam was a fantastic GM and has been an equally fantastic RG, so this sounds like nothing more than someone trying to have a pissing contest over technicalities, so when it's over and should it be necessary, I hope he is promptly re-nominated for the position he has performed so well at.

If that is what occurs, I will be more than happy as long as his current illegal actions are dealt with! But you cannot ignore the laws on the books due to your political beliefs!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 10:33:47 PM »

In the Words of Ronald Reagan
Mr Silly Liar Talleyrand
There you go Again
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »

And that second paragraph of your third post--I laugh, because surely you've delved into self-parody by that point. Surely you can't be remotely serious. Surely...

My third post does not have a second paragraph. You must be seeing things!

Breaking the law is still breaking the law, and Griffin has LIED to the Atlasian people about his role in office and abused their trust by occupying a seat he no longer holds. Far more innocent people have been prosecuted in this game.

If the President issues a pardon, so be it, but we must fight for justice for as long as we are still alive!

And I am outraged you are calling the persecution of South American citizens a joke!!

I said "third" when I meant "first"--not seeing things, just typing the wrong things.

Whether he broke the law or not, it's not that important given that he did nothing that really hurt anyone or anything else. The "fight for justice as long as we are still alive" line is very melodramatic considering that the circumstances is squabbles over a technicality.

And I never, ever called the persecution of South American citizens a "joke"--you should clarify that accusation (not to mention, I'd still like a clarification on the "xenophobic" thing, which, again, came from left field).
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 07:01:59 AM »

((i certainly have a higher opinion of talleyrand's actions than of you closing the census bureau, let's just say))
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »

((i certainly have a higher opinion of talleyrand's actions than of you closing the census bureau, let's just say))
Agreed. Hopefully the Bureau will be made available to Department of Federal Elections and Regional Governors to allow for them to check their own electorate - especially if an election occurs between now and end of the trial.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »

Extraordinary that this criminal is now openly blackmailing and crippling the game because he is too frightened to face the iron hammer of justice and the will of the people. He has crossed the line one step too far!!!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »

Obvious trolling is obvious. Talleyrand needs to calm down.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »

Oh for God's sake...

It's like a robber calling himself a victim or robbery.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »

The hilarious dilettantism and overblown hysteria exhibited in the attempt to get rid of Adam Griffin almost makes me believe that this must be a very clever ploy to help him get elected president.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »

Talleyrand/Griffin

I have a suggestion.

One of you go to Mock Parliament and stay there and do not venture into Atlasia.

The other one go to Atlasia and stay there and do not venture into Mock Parliament.  

Bingo.

Problem solved.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

The hilarious dilettantism and overblown hysteria exhibited in the attempt to get rid of Adam Griffin almost makes me believe that this must be a very clever ploy to help him get elected president.

♪♫

Thank-you, Mr. President, for sparing the nation from a protracted and frivolous court case.

Since the case has been rendered null and void and thus dismissed I think I'm safe in revealing that all three of us on the Court were actually in agreement that it was an open and shut case against the RG. Nothing frivolous about it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »

I just don't understand it. If you don't want to play the game, don't play it. I really lost interest until recently, but I didn't walk around trying to kill it off or whatever. It's like the group who left to play mock parliament or whatever feels betrayed by Atlasia and is treating it like an ex girlfriend who left them because the found a guy with a bigger tallywhacker and who was a better cook.

At the end of the day, it's a game. I think many of us lose sight of that. Let and let live. Love your neighbor and your fellow Atlasian. And if you don't like the game, no one is forcing you to come back.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

Thank-you, Mr. President, for sparing the nation from a protracted and frivolous court case.

Since the case has been rendered null and void and thus dismissed I think I'm safe in revealing that all three of us on the Court were actually in agreement that it was an open and shut case against the RG. Nothing frivolous about it.

Well, aren't we all fortunate that the Supreme Court is determining rulings on cases before they're even granted certiorari, with Court members being explicitly aware that the cases will be filed before literally anyone else in the broader public because they themselves are in on it!

Talleyrand/Griffin

I have a suggestion.

One of you go to Mock Parliament and stay there and do not venture into Atlasia.

The other one go to Atlasia and stay there and do not venture into Mock Parliament.  (That would be me, already)

Bingo.

Problem solved.

Translation: fck off Talleyrand

I just don't understand it. If you don't want to play the game, don't play it. I really lost interest until recently, but I didn't walk around trying to kill it off or whatever. It's like the group who left to play mock parliament or whatever feels betrayed by Atlasia and is treating it like an ex girlfriend who left them because the found a guy with a bigger tallywhacker and who was a better cook.

At the end of the day, it's a game. I think many of us lose sight of that. Let and let live. Love your neighbor and your fellow Atlasian. And if you don't like the game, no one is forcing you to come back.

Translation: fck off Talleyrand
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »

After I thoroughly emasculated him and it was revealed that he was due for quite a long prison sentence, it appears that I have gotten under our disgraced former Registrar General's skin! I wish him well on his road to recovery, although he has embarrassingly decided to subject himself to further humiliation next month. His long downward spiral continues like the prolonged suffering of an angry beached whale!

Mr. Winfield and Mr. Duke, I do not intend to re-enter politics in Atlasia; I simply filed a case to remove a known criminal from office. As one can see by his actions, he is the true (although fortunately spayed at this point!) threat to Atlasia's future. I am merely adding to the gaiety of this nation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »

Well, aren't we all fortunate that the Supreme Court is determining rulings on cases before they're even granted certiorari, with Court members being explicitly aware that the cases will be filed before literally anyone else in the broader public because they themselves are in on it!

I don't know what the second part of this means (as far as I know neither of us knew this was a thing until we got the PM alerting us that Talleyrand was bringing the case) but, sorry, that's the way it was. Open and shut case.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »

Well, Griff received a full pardon, so can we please move on? The whole bitchest is more and more like beating a dead horse.

Just chill out, both sides.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies