Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:25:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: sirnick or FF
SirNick

FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?  (Read 3268 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »

I fail to see how dissolving Atlasia, setting the calendar to some Year Zero, and throwing everything and everyone into the void would produce a superior outcome to a Constitutional Convention, much less a more democratic one.

Obviously our work will be wasted if we end the Convention with a document still largely written in the opaque and confusing language of the 18th century, and largely copied from what is for our purposes the unworkably imprecise US Constitution, as all our prior Constitutions have. This is why I my draft entails a bottom-up rewriting of the Constitution (or at least borrowing from more contemporary sources). We will have failed if we keep on fighting the same battles and proclaiming the same victories over and over, why is why others and myself support a legislative reboot and redefining the role of the GM. And there is a clear majority in favor of regional consolidation.

Short of abandoning the premise of playing as a government based on the US (which we've already done with Mock Parliament), I can't see what changes would be more fundamental than those. We could try to erase everything and start over, but I don't see how that would make things end up any more different than they'd otherwise be. I mean, there's a limit to how different things can plausibly end up.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »

I'm reiterating Simfan here, but I don't really get how destroying Atlasia in its current iteration is really all that different from a Constitutional Convention.

The big issue is that if we were committing to ending Atlasia as it is, it would take the null option off the table, which is just keeping things as is (the null option won in 2009 when activity picked up and the ConCon was abandoned). At the same time, if things are as dire as the detractors claim then there is no hope of things picking up and the current Constitution will be rejected emphatically in favor of whatever is written to replace it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 05:25:04 AM »

Wait, hold up now. Are you saying Adam was not crazy until these recent events?  Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »

In hindsight, I fell so far that I crashed through the Overton window, shot clear across the Horseshoe theory and landed in the President's chair!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 12:13:56 AM »

In hindsight, I fell so far that I crashed through the Overton window, shot clear across the Horseshoe theory and landed in the President's chair!

^Political Science. Pay attention, students, this will be in the test.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 06:52:09 AM »

Oh, and just to clarify, since I kind of missed the claim at the time: I was never de-registered, and my "re-registration" as some called it where I said "hang on Atlasia here I come" was in reference to me moving back to the South, transferring my ConCon signature from NE to South in order to give the third region a majority of citizens' signatures, and thereby activating the ConCon with my updated signature. It had nothing to do with me acknowledging that I wasn't registered at the time.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 02:35:03 AM »

Approvals:
Adam: 58%
Duke:  65%
Crazy Yankee 65%
Homelycooking 94%
CC   58%

Considering the two craziest mofos on this list are in the 60's, I think it is safe to say Atlasia prefers its leaders to be insane. Evil
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 11:05:55 AM »

I could s[inks]t liquid gold into a pot and hand it out for free, and 30% of the game would disapprove. In the words of Our Dear Friend Shirley Cain, "who care".

Those idiots don't matter and nobody cares what they think, so factoring in that + the undecideds/neutrals in the poll, I have a practically 100% approval rating - glorious news!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies