Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:39:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: sirnick or FF
SirNick

FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?  (Read 3276 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: September 23, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
« edited: September 23, 2015, 04:53:41 PM by Simfan34 »

I would like to reiterate that Türkisblau is not a member of the Government of South America and does not speak for it nor anyone in it.

I would also like to reiterate that, as a member of the Government of South America, I intend to refrain from making any official or unofficial comment, and that any statement I may make in that capacity would reflect my personal views and mine alone.

However, speaking as a long-time Atlasian citizen, and, mind you, the longest-serving incumbent governor in the country, I would like to state that I find Adam's behavior ridiculous, absurd, and self-defeating. Regardless of what one might think of the motivations behind his critics or their attitude, in no way would that, the question of relations with South America, or anything else for that matter, justify his actions. Discussion of such things is thus entirely beside the point.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »

I fail to see how dissolving Atlasia, setting the calendar to some Year Zero, and throwing everything and everyone into the void would produce a superior outcome to a Constitutional Convention, much less a more democratic one.

Obviously our work will be wasted if we end the Convention with a document still largely written in the opaque and confusing language of the 18th century, and largely copied from what is for our purposes the unworkably imprecise US Constitution, as all our prior Constitutions have. This is why I my draft entails a bottom-up rewriting of the Constitution (or at least borrowing from more contemporary sources). We will have failed if we keep on fighting the same battles and proclaiming the same victories over and over, why is why others and myself support a legislative reboot and redefining the role of the GM. And there is a clear majority in favor of regional consolidation.

Short of abandoning the premise of playing as a government based on the US (which we've already done with Mock Parliament), I can't see what changes would be more fundamental than those. We could try to erase everything and start over, but I don't see how that would make things end up any more different than they'd otherwise be. I mean, there's a limit to how different things can plausibly end up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies