Quinnipiac nat.: D: Clinton 43% Sanders 25%; R: Trump 25% Carson 17% Fiorina 12%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:02:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Quinnipiac nat.: D: Clinton 43% Sanders 25%; R: Trump 25% Carson 17% Fiorina 12%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac nat.: D: Clinton 43% Sanders 25%; R: Trump 25% Carson 17% Fiorina 12%  (Read 1679 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2015, 05:14:55 AM »
« edited: September 24, 2015, 05:20:57 AM by Mr. Morden »

Quinnipiac national poll, conducted Sept. 17-21:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2283

Dems

Clinton 43%
Sanders 25%
Biden 18%
Chafee, O'Malley, Lessig, Webb 0%

Without Biden:

Clinton 53%
Sanders 30%
O’Malley 1%
Chafee, Lessig, Webb 0%

GOP

Trump 25%
Carson 17%
Fiorina 12%
Bush 10%
Rubio 9%
Cruz 7%
Huckabee 2%
Christie 2%
Kasich 2%
Paul 1%
Pataki 1%
Santorum, Graham, Jindal, Gilmore 0%
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:16:51 AM »

O' Malley also had 0%. Interesting that only the top 3 candidates got anything.
They also polled without Biden
Clinton 53
Sanders 30
O'Malley 1
others 0
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:17:46 AM »

Notice how 3 outsiders are now ahead in the GOP primary, while the political establishment candidates suck some balls.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:19:16 AM »

This poll does suggest a minor Bush bounce, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 05:28:13 AM »

Why does Carson continue to do well in general election polls? The man is a nut.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 05:34:33 AM »

Why does Carson continue to do well in general election polls? The man is a nut.

Roughly 20% of Republicans are dead-set on proving to the world that they're totally not racists and do in fact have black friends
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 06:20:38 AM »

Why does Carson continue to do well in general election polls?

Once you go black, you don't go back.
HillOfANight
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »

Roughly 20% of Republicans are dead-set on proving to the world that they're totally not racists and do in fact have black friends

He gets 18% of the black vote. His glossed over gaffes are going to become more scrutinized and he will lose steam.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »

I really don't think it's that simple - Carson is the wackiest guy on the stage, and about 20% of Republicans are that wacky. Maybe he actually appeals to them.

And once again, it looks like Fiorinamentum is... taking a halt thanks to coverage of her tenure at HP.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:06 AM »

I don’t think that’s a complete explanation.  It’s not just that he’s a black guy with an R next to his name.  It’s that he’s a black guy who agrees with most Republicans on racial issues.

His shtick is that political correctness is just about the worst thing happening in the country.  He talks about the dangers of political correctness all the time.  He disparages Black Lives Matter and the like.  He’s a black man who’s comfortable with the idea that the chilling effect from accusations of racism against white people is a bigger problem in the country than white racism against black people.

A black man with those views is going to be popular with a sizeable chunk of the GOP.  Legitimately popular, not just “I’ll tell a pollster I’ll vote for him so people don’t think I’m racist”, but “I might actually vote for him.”
mencken
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:36 AM »

People are not attracted to Carson's actual political views. I doubt 20% of Republicans think energy autarchy should have been pursued rather than invading Afghanistan or that minimum wage should be brokered and permanently indexed to inflation. People like that Carson is the closest thing to a normal human being on that debate stage. You had eight politicians giving what seemed like focus-group tested answers with a very canned delivery, a woman who gave the same focus-group tested answers with much better oratory, the physical personification of id, and Carson acting pretty much the same way one of their friends would answer when casually discussing politics. While evangelicals probably do not really care one way or the other what his tax plan is, that fact that he bases it on tithing is probably also a plus. Combine those two elements, and I think Carson would be performing just as well even without the reverse racism element in play. If anything, Fiorina is the Cain of this cycle, a CEO type who gives answers with good delivery and little to no substance, with support mostly by virtue of tokenism.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »

Agree with what Mr. Morden said. Also, though far more than 20% of the GOP believes crazy things and is racist, there are many Evangelical Christians who genuinely don't care about the color of your skin but in your willingness to say Darwin was an agent of Satan.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »

My view? These primary polls at this juncture are essentially worthless. Most folks are shopping around, and do not have enough information to really assess competency and so forth. This is one office where that matters to voters. It is not all about ideology. And that is Jeb's hope. His opposition will all prove themselves to not be ready for the job. Time will tell. On the Dem side, it's all about Hillary's viability in the General. Extraneous events that she cannot control, including if her deleted emails are published, and what they say, will have more to do with her fate than anything else.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »

People are not attracted to Carson's actual political views. I doubt 20% of Republicans think energy autarchy should have been pursued rather than invading Afghanistan or that minimum wage should be brokered and permanently indexed to inflation. People like that Carson is the closest thing to a normal human being on that debate stage. You had eight politicians giving what seemed like focus-group tested answers with a very canned delivery, a woman who gave the same focus-group tested answers with much better oratory, the physical personification of id, and Carson acting pretty much the same way one of their friends would answer when casually discussing politics. While evangelicals probably do not really care one way or the other what his tax plan is, that fact that he bases it on tithing is probably also a plus. Combine those two elements, and I think Carson would be performing just as well even without the reverse racism element in play. If anything, Fiorina is the Cain of this cycle, a CEO type who gives answers with good delivery and little to no substance, with support mostly by virtue of tokenism.

I like this analysis.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 02:38:51 PM »

I don’t think that’s a complete explanation.  It’s not just that he’s a black guy with an R next to his name.  It’s that he’s a black guy who agrees with most Republicans on racial issues.

His shtick is that political correctness is just about the worst thing happening in the country.  He talks about the dangers of political correctness all the time.  He disparages Black Lives Matter and the like.  He’s a black man who’s comfortable with the idea that the chilling effect from accusations of racism against white people is a bigger problem in the country than white racism against black people.

A black man with those views is going to be popular with a sizeable chunk of the GOP.  Legitimately popular, not just “I’ll tell a pollster I’ll vote for him so people don’t think I’m racist”, but “I might actually vote for him.”

That's pretty far off from what Carson has had to say about racism:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/06/22/ben-carson-south-carolina-shooting-column/29074387/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies