Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff. Proves he's an idiot.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:31:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff. Proves he's an idiot.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff. Proves he's an idiot.  (Read 4829 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »

((remind me again what ¿yeb?'s position on the estate tax is))
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »

He wants to eliminate it to allow the Bush family profits from trading with Nazi Germany illegally during World War 2 to pass on to the next generation tax free.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »

He wants to eliminate it to allow the Bush family profits from trading with Nazi Germany illegally during World War 2 to pass on to the next generation tax free.

that was a rhetorical question
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »

Also:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/25/why-jeb-bushs-free-stuff-argument-about-black-voters-is-so-off-the-mark/
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 01:49:25 PM »

Time to stop being too "politically correct" and call a spade a spade, lived on the mean streets in both San Francisco and Boston, Democratic politicians were always there to cater to that element of the population, who are more than happy to free load, very prevalent in the ghettos. These balloon heads have no concept of the economy,  always something for nothing.

Come on Pubby, you know you want to say the N-word. Come on Tea Bagger, say it.

You are insulting one of the smartest posters here and furthermore, if heatmaster really was a tea party person, he wouldn't have anything nice to say about Governor Bush.

But let's get real here, the Democrats do try to win votes by offering hand-outs.Unfortunately, you are doing exactly what they want you to do - defend the welfare state and call all those who oppose the welfare state racists. The one thing tea party Republicans and the far left have in common is both appeal to less educated voters. The difference is, at least the tea party members aren't a burden on society.

I will say this:  Whatever disgust I have for the Bush Family, they are not racists.

I will also say this:  The issue of a need to reform entitlements is very real.  The Great Society programs were NEVER meant to be permanent support, and were not meant to spawn generational subsidies, but they have.  This is, in part, a product of qualification for assistance, which discourages folks to form families; the programs gave incentive to have children out of wedlock and disincentive to marry.  Now, the recipients of these programs become more than a "special interest group", they become a mass constituency that is uniformly impacted by "reform".

I note that Jeb specified "blacks" while Romney talked about "the 47%".  Jeb probably chose his words with the knowledge of the large percentage of his party's newest "base" members in WV and AR (but especially WV) that are white and receive government benefits on an ongoing basis.  The viability of the comment is questionable; it's the targeting of the comment that's so telling.  For folks whom I believe are not racists at heart, the Bushes have certainly been shameless at using the occasional dog whistle.  But it isn't wrong to suggest that the Democrats resist all discussion of entitlement reform because they are as accountable to their "base" as the GOP is to theirs.  In a real way, the Democratic "base" gets a rhetorical free ride in the media that the GOP base never escapes.  It's perfectly OK to refer to the GOP base as nutty, racist, and sexist, but it's not OK to suggest that at least part of the Democratic base represents subsidized irresponsibility.  I don't mind calling out corporate greed and sanctioning it, but I don't think it's wrong to question the wisdom and motives of folks that have children out of wedlock repeatedly knowing that they do not have the means within themselves and their family to support that child, especially when it occurs on the level that it occurs in our society today.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »

What do you expect? There's five times as many white people than black people in the US.

Anyway, Bush is easily going down the road of Mitt Romney, becoming undetectable. I've never understood this Republican talking point of people only voting for Democrats because 'muh free stuff'. It won't win them any votes, its not a good strategy, and they're only turning themselves against more people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »

He proves he's an idiot long time ago.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 11:49:49 PM »

Time to stop being too "politically correct" and call a spade a spade, lived on the mean streets in both San Francisco and Boston, Democratic politicians were always there to cater to that element of the population, who are more than happy to free load, very prevalent in the ghettos. These balloon heads have no concept of the economy,  always something for nothing.

You are insulting one of the smartest posters here and furthermore, if heatmaster really was a tea party person, he wouldn't have anything nice to say about Governor Bush.

But let's get real here, the Democrats do try to win votes by offering hand-outs.Unfortunately, you are doing exactly what they want you to do - defend the welfare state and call all those who oppose the welfare state racists. The one thing tea party Republicans and the far left have in common is both appeal to less educated voters. The difference is, at least the tea party members aren't a burden on society.

I will say this:  Whatever disgust I have for the Bush Family, they are not racists.

I will also say this:  The issue of a need to reform entitlements is very real.  The Great Society programs were NEVER meant to be permanent support, and were not meant to spawn generational subsidies, but they have.  This is, in part, a product of qualification for assistance, which discourages folks to form families; the programs gave incentive to have children out of wedlock and disincentive to marry.  Now, the recipients of these programs become more than a "special interest group", they become a mass constituency that is uniformly impacted by "reform".

I note that Jeb specified "blacks" while Romney talked about "the 47%".  Jeb probably chose his words with the knowledge of the large percentage of his party's newest "base" members in WV and AR (but especially WV) that are white and receive government benefits on an ongoing basis.  The viability of the comment is questionable; it's the targeting of the comment that's so telling.  For folks whom I believe are not racists at heart, the Bushes have certainly been shameless at using the occasional dog whistle.  But it isn't wrong to suggest that the Democrats resist all discussion of entitlement reform because they are as accountable to their "base" as the GOP is to theirs.  In a real way, the Democratic "base" gets a rhetorical free ride in the media that the GOP base never escapes.  It's perfectly OK to refer to the GOP base as nutty, racist, and sexist, but it's not OK to suggest that at least part of the Democratic base represents subsidized irresponsibility.  I don't mind calling out corporate greed and sanctioning it, but I don't think it's wrong to question the wisdom and motives of folks that have children out of wedlock repeatedly knowing that they do not have the means within themselves and their family to support that child, especially when it occurs on the level that it occurs in our society today.

I appreciate you recognize the Bush family are not racists, thank you.

Let's be honest here, we've spent $20 trillion on these so-called "safety net" programs since the 1960s and today, we have more poverty than at any time in the last five decades. I get that seniors should have social security and medicare, the very poor should have medicaid, and we need temporary programs to ensure people don't go hungry. But like you said, these programs should not be permanent and in many cases, we have made them a lifestyle for some at the expense of others. In other cases, thanks to the failed economic policies of this President, people have had to rely on these programs. So our focus should be stronger economic growth, and I'm glad to see both Governor Bush and Senator Rubio make that case in this campaign. I wish other candidates would do the same.

The reason Governor Bush mentioned blacks is because that is accurate. The Democrats believe that by offering hand-outs, they will win the votes of blacks and immigrants. I don't believe the majority of blacks and immigrants want to be dependent on government, they want to be treated just like everyone else, the Democrats have a different view. Let's be clear here, the Democratic base hates whites, hates catholics, hates evangelicals, and many also hate Jews like me. They also only use blacks and gays for votes, they don't actually care about them as individual humans.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 01:12:35 AM »

But let's get real here, the Democrats do try to win votes by offering hand-outs. Unfortunately, you are doing exactly what they want you to do - defend the welfare state and call all those who oppose the welfare state racists. The one thing tea party Republicans and the far left have in common is both appeal to less educated voters. The difference is, at least the tea party members aren't a burden on society.

"one of the smartest posters here = Heatmaster " Roll Eyes

go back to Stormfront you goon.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 02:43:06 AM »

Never understood why giving tax breaks to the rich and corporations doesn't qualify as "free stuff" while health care does.

I agree we shouldn't give out corporate subsidies, but we should give out tax cuts to everyone, I don't see how letting people keep what is rightfully their own is "free stuff."

It's not "rightfully their own" when we're running a budget deficit...Huh

What is with Republicans? It really amazes me that they think borrowing money to pay for tax disbursements is any different (let alone better) than borrowing money to pay for anything else.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »

There's enough dog whistling going on in this thread to fill a kkkennel
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 03:38:40 AM »

Co's giving 'free stuff' to people in poverty, with no job, and have faced difficulties in their life is bad thing. The job of the government is for people to pay taxes, and give,'free stuff', to middle, working and unemployed people when they are in need and in difficulties.

I'm sure there a plenty of white voters in the south and Appalachia who vote republican and are given handouts and welfare checks, to have them live a better, and more decent life, but no, they have to demonize black people, who have likely face discrimination, are more likely to grow up in poverty and in crime-ridden suburbs or cities, and make broad generalizations about black people receiving welfare checks, when it's all poor people.

Yes, the democratic party is the party more inclined to support poor and middle-class families, in their corporate way, instead of the republican party, whose main principal is 'do it your self' and a medieval philosophy and concpet, of pull your self off the bootstraps, when big business and corporations, get all the money, as well as the defense industry.

Black people, vote democratic, as it represents it represents them, as well as all working and middle class people, unlike the republican party which represents corporations and the rich.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »

What do you expect? There's five times as many white people than black people in the US.

Based on the Bush theory Appalachia should be the bedrock of Obama support.

Progressive Realist is just pointing out that if you use real data and apply the Bush/Romney "free stuff" theory there should be millions more Obama supporters out there.  Of course to reach that conclusion you have to also ignore the dog whistle foghorn.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies