How to argue with an Evangelical? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:06:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How to argue with an Evangelical? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to argue with an Evangelical?  (Read 1552 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 25, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »

Lots of people have poor discussion skills.  Some of them start out with a "you're a bigot and should die".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:43:35 AM »

(FTR, I believe in theistic evolution. I believe evolution happened, but that god helped it happen and also created the big bang. I believe that the 'six days' thing doesn't mean days in the usual sense but instead is a term used for a division of the time between scientific beginning of earth to the birth of Adam and Eve into six equal parts.)
I don't understand why more intelligent Christians don't think this way.  You can believe in a literal bible AND evolution.  Remember, a day is like a thousand years to God, and a thousand years is like a day.  All the sh**t that happened before the flood could have taken billions of years and it wouldn't make the bible untrue.  Evolution is real, denying it is like denying gravity.  Humans can be "special" and still have evolved from something else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies