Office of Constitutional Convention Delegate Winfield
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:04:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Constitutional Convention Delegate Winfield
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Constitutional Convention Delegate Winfield  (Read 793 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »

Hi

Welcome to my office that I will be using while I am a Delegate to the Constitutional Convention.

To all Northeast citizens, should you wish to discuss any business to do with the Con Con, or should there be any resolutions or proposals you would like to see introduced or incorporated into the new constitution, please feel free to send me a PM or contact me in this office.

Thank you.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:30:21 PM »

Congratulations on your election: I look forward to working with you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 05:37:02 PM »

Congratulations on your election: I look forward to working with you.

Thank you Senator, and I as well with you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 07:46:15 PM »

Congratulations, good friend. Selecting you was an excellent choice by the Northeast! I hope to serve with you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »

Congratulations, good friend. Selecting you was an excellent choice by the Northeast! I hope to serve with you.

Thank you.

And I with you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 10:29:49 PM »

I witnessed your speech in the convention defending the voters right to choose directly who represent them in the Senate and I agree with you. Thank you for speaking on this.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:38:12 PM »

I witnessed your speech in the convention defending the voters right to choose directly who represent them in the Senate and I agree with you. Thank you for speaking on this.

Thank you Poirot.

I simply cannot stand silently by and watch the most fundamental expression of democracy, which is the vote for all eligible citizens, be trodden underfoot.

I am hopeful the convention will agree with me.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 01:01:18 AM »

I think the people of the region's should vote on their Senators, but I also think that is a decision that the region's should make for themselves just like they should be able to choose their own names. The removal of responsibility, the babying of regions, will guarrantee they fail. If the votes are meaningless, participation will suffer, and with it, activity.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 04:01:54 PM »

I would remind the honorable Senator that the votes of eligible voters in Atlasia are never meaningless, and that is all eligible voters in Atlasia.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »

I would remind the honorable Senator that the votes of eligible voters in Atlasia are never meaningless, and that is all eligible voters in Atlasia.

Save the populist cannard for a minute! Tongue I never said they were. This is the impression I get that the voters themselves by an large have from trying to find and fill legislative spots in all five regions and then turning people out for those races, across the past two years, Winfield.

The voters would seem to beg to differ, simply by looking at the turnout and participation in the legislative elections over the past several years. That is what happens when you remove power from the officials they are voting on. There are many who would argue that a vote for regional legislator is meaningless right now and there is a reason for that. It is because the Federal government has usurped so much authority from the regions, that they have precious little that they are responsible for.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 05:29:22 PM »

There is never a good reason to disenfranchise the citizens of Atlasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2015, 06:07:48 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

There is never a good reason to disenfranchise the citizens of Atlasia.

I agree, though I am not sure who is proposing doing that at this present juncture. Tongue Depriving a region's voters the right the select their own name is probably the closet to that right now. Glad to see you have changed your mind on that matter. Grin
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »

How very disingenuous of you.

You know very well the context,  so I do not understand your back door approach.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:10 PM »

You know very well the context,  so I do not understand your back door approach.

Delegate Winfield, how do you defend disenfranchising people on their own region's name while condemning the same with regards to Senators? 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »

Delegate Winfield, how do you defend disenfranchising people on their own region's name while condemning the same with regards to Senators? 

Honorable Senator, we have seen what happens when we leave it to the regions to name their own region, ridiculousness run rampant.

Surely it makes more sense to have a sensible name and to maintain that name.

When was the last time, for example, that the state of Missouri changed their name to The Most Serene Principality Of Middle Earth?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 01:26:44 AM »

Honorable Senator, we have seen what happens when we leave it to the regions to name their own region, ridiculousness run rampant.

Surely it makes more sense to have a sensible name and to maintain that name.

When was the last time, for example, that the state of Missouri changed their name to The Most Serene Principality Of Middle Earth?

I never much cared for Dirty South being of Northern origin, and I was one of only three people (I think Duke and BK were the other two), who voted against changing the name to IDS in 2010. That being said, it is our region's right to make those choices and it is not for a constitution to impose them upon us from on high.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »

It's will only be a matter of time before some region gives themselves some wingnut, crackpot name.

But that's what we get when failing to take action when we had the opportunity.

But alas, such is life.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies