Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:56:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man  (Read 8585 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: October 04, 2015, 07:25:28 PM »

Antonio, why do you bother arguing with some hippie who can't accept basic facts of life?

Humans are omnivorous. Humans have a position in the food chain. Not eating meat goes against those facts of life and we shouldn't leave a small brainless minority too weak to accept the laws of nature transform human alimentation in an unnatural way.

Um, I would not call Alcon (or vegetarians, if you meant to speak more broadly) "brainless". He is/they are anything but.

It is true that a vegetarian diet is cheaper than one that includes meat & fish products, and that there are significant long-term health benefits in reducing (or eliminating) meat consumption (especially of red meat). Additionally, the meat industry's practices are major contributors to pollution and rising prices of other food staples. You can get pretty much every nutritional item from a vegetarian diet that you would otherwise get from eating meat products.

I do share the belief that harming animals is immoral, and thus that slaughtering animals for food products is immoral, and yet I still eat meat, poultry, and fish products (especially fish; I'm Bengali afterall). I've never really heard any good moral arguments for eating meat in modern times; it was a topic I dreaded in debate because you simply couldn't defend it. I guess this should make me feel bad and makes me hypocritical, but oh well. Sorry Alcon Tongue

There's nothing extreme about vegetarianism (Going vegan seems extreme to me, however). But a pretty sizable portion of the world is vegetarian by choice or by situational/medical necessity (hell, Bill Clinton is vegetarian for medical reasons now), they seem to be doing just fine.

But "brainless minority" is a ridiculous way to characterize them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies