Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:07:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man  (Read 8576 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: September 28, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »

Is there an issue with animals being used in inappropriate ways? Sure. But, there was no evidence this puppy was mistreated, as someone who has spent a lot of time in Paris, I'm amazed at how well taken care of the animals of homeless people are. I remember talking to this young lady who would sit at night near the BHV with a little ginger kitten in her coat. She was always appreciative of the money I would give her and I would see her occasionally going into the supermarket and come out with animal food. Sure, there's an orchestrated and horrid begging 'industry' in many European cities, Paris being one of the most affected, but that's not the issue here.  I don't see them too concerned about the abuse and child prostitution...

Simfan, as is standard has taken a reasonable idea and made it too broad. There's nothing wrong with animal rights or animal welfare organisations, what matters is their tactics and their connection to reality. These groups have led the closure of many battery chicken plants, kitten and puppy farms, and increasing awareness of animal welfare practices.

The fact that they felt the need to highlight that the homeless man was a Roma, is problem 1. Then tried to suggest that the puppy's howls were based on it being drugged, not it's fear. No evidence provided that the puppy was drugged. They also clearly spent time figuring out the right person to pounce on. It looks like Les Halles, an area well known for its homelessness ... they had a choice and went for the guy who they thought wouldn't fight back. Then they named the poor thing 'Vegan' "to align with our beliefs" For God's sake. Is it possible this dog will end up with a better life than if it were on the street? Probably. But that wasn't that fringe group's right to decide.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 07:05:54 PM »

What is it with this shlt? I heard the same thing happened in Oakland last week. Liberals need to leave people alone.

These people aren't Liberals, they're fanatics.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »

is anyone going to stop arguing over these random fringe people who are like 1/1000th of the population at most, and we all effectively agree on, and actually respond to what i'm saying?  anyone?

But yes, Alcon, you're correct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies