Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:48:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paris: Animal rights activists seize puppy from homeless man  (Read 8554 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: September 26, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »
« edited: September 26, 2015, 10:25:13 AM by ingemann »

Alternate title; animal rights activists decides to make the worst PR move in the history of mankind.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/paris-animal-rights-activists-seize-puppy-homeless-man-1521093
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:04:18 AM »

I mostly posted this thread because I was impressed with how horrible these people was at PR, yes it's also impressive how douchy these people are, but the complete lack of media savyness was what I found incredible.

Through I have also found the panicking of some posters here enlightening.

BTW Alcon here's the right reaction to future discussions of this kind; "this is horrible, those people are the scum of the Earth, my heart goes out to that poor homeless man" and then stop posting beside saying that the vast majority of Animal Rights Activists aren't these kind of horrible people . Your reaction on the other hand comes across as you don't really disagree with these peope, but you dislike how their action have put their and your cause in a unflattering light.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »

It comes across as a the girl who keep telling she's a virgin, the tough guy who keep telling how strong he is, the businessman who keep telling that he doesn't run a con. It comes across as a person who fake his moral outrage.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:51:34 PM »

It comes across as a the girl who keep telling she's a virgin, the tough guy who keep telling how strong he is, the businessman who keep telling that he doesn't run a con. It comes across as a person who fake his moral outrage.

Considering that I asked you how your behavior comes across, I'm glad we're on the same page.

Well I wouldn't know how my behaviour comes across, I have a good guess, but I can't speak for what knowledge is inside a stranger's mind.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well I think mindless symbolism are a better use of my time, than desperate trying to stop a discussion, just because a superficial similarity between the views of some douchebags and mine. I didn't for a movement believe before I posted this thread that you supported taking puppies from their homeless owners, of course after having read your post I'm now doubt, so congratulation with your "moral argument".
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 05:19:51 PM »

Do I really think you support this; no, not as the set up of the story is. But I find this insistence everytime someone with a aim which are somewhat the same as some posters, there comes these post about, "why do we even discuss this, it's only 0,000000000000000001% of the group in question" (if you haven't discovered it yet, I like hyperbole and sarcasm), and in those situation I would wish people who say these things, just said what I suggested even if it's just fluff... exactly because it's just fluff. You don't come across flattering when you use the other argument, and you don't convince anybody but the already saved. So if you want to sell your cause, fluff are more useful, not as ridiculous as I suggested, but you're smart, I'm sure you could say it better.

Of course this thread didn't develop as I would like, I think the fact that a organisation like this French one could think this was a good way to sell themselves, was the most interesting aspect of the story. But the thread developed another way in it own organic style, which I found interesting on it own.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 12:03:12 PM »

This is not a thread about Animal Rights activism. This is a thread about a specific news event.

Yup

Also it remind, this is something I have wanted to ask a Frenchman about; how can this organisation get away with this? Do it have some kind of semi-official position, which means they can take animals from people they claim abuse them, are there some kind of loophole in French law or something else?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »

Somehow I doubt there's a specific exemption in French law where you can steal other people's animals without due process of law if you think you'd treat them better Tongue  Nice attempt to turn this thread substantive, though.

This thread have been substantive the whole way, except for your attempt to spam it to death. Also this organisation can be a private organisation who work under a public mandate of animal's right protection.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies