Are you anticommunist/anti-Marxist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:09:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you anticommunist/anti-Marxist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you anticommunist?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 125

Author Topic: Are you anticommunist/anti-Marxist?  (Read 6607 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: September 27, 2015, 09:30:40 AM »

I'm not a communist, but I'm not anti-communist. Unless they're the kind of annoying trots who never do anything or unreconstructed tankie Stalinites, they can have good ideas and are useful in a sort of extraparliamentary "external pressure" sense.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »

Well fascism still maintains strength in its extraparliamentary forces, which can be even more insidious than their parliamentary forms.

Extraparliamentary commies tend to be a joke, nowadays. Sometimes useful, (more often infuriating) but never a threat.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:41:23 AM »

Likewise, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea ... stands today as testament to the superiority of planned economies compared to the anarchy of the capitalist market system.

What. The. Fuck
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »

Are you seriously suggesting that workers have it better under Juche, an ideology that doesn't even define itself as communist, than under current capitalist countries? I can on some level understand defence of the other countries - even though I fail to see any remote chance of ceding their power to Trots for literally no reason (as evidenced by the Cuba deal, Vietnam joining TPP and the China Communists becoming effectively identical to the KMT). China has brought a lot of people out of poverty, though a) it was through dreaded neoliberal reforms and b) the whole thing appears to be an elaborate House of Cards (seriously, what rights do workers have in China that they don't have in, like, literally any other country. especially in light of the recent explosion)

But the DPRK, Stalinist usurpation aside, is not remotely worthy of any praise at all! Do you really believe that under the rotting quasi-monarchy that runs that country there is a genuinely radical element that wants what you want? How can you say that one's parents do not influence your outcome on life, when the entire society is reportedly based on castes established generations ago, and that the entire upper strata is literally hierarchical!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies