Taiwanese election, Jan 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:53:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Taiwanese election, Jan 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taiwanese election, Jan 2016  (Read 21598 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: January 01, 2016, 05:42:05 PM »

Nice find, Mr. Crabs.

As for the actual election, I find myself rooting for the KMT out of principle (oh the irony).  Sad to see them getting shellacked so hard for things that are largely out of their control.  Hope cross-strait relations don't get derailed as hard as I fear they will with the DPP in power.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:30:27 PM »

Chinese Communist Party has not been a left-wing party for a long time. It is an anti-democratic strong government law-and-order nationalist party with fairly extreme pro-business and anti-social-net policies in economics - a mixture that in most countries we know of would be, if anything, far right. Why would any left-wingers support it?

I think your view of party policy is pretty....skewed.  To call their policy far-right is just wrong.  But you are right in saying that most left-wingers are very Sinophobic these days.  It's sad. 

And honestly, even if the Communist Party was "far-right", I would still support them.  There's been a few hickups along the way, but what they've done for my people has been nothing short of incredible.  When my ancestors left China, it was an impoverished, feudal hellhole and one of the most backwards countries in Eurasia.  Now they're an emerging superpower and one of the wealthiest countries in the world.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I cried while watching the military parade a few months ago.  I love China, I love the Party, and I love how proud they make me feel.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »

Congrats to DPP and Tsai.  It is quite an accomplishment for a women to become a leader when she is NOT the daughter or wife of another prominent male leader, especially in Asia.

This.  Great shout out.  Smiley

Setting her individual politics aside, this is a major step forward for a region where female participation in politics is still horrifically low.  And no surprise it's the Chinese leading the way in progress Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies