Short Rubio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:36:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Short Rubio
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Short Rubio  (Read 2877 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 06:13:39 PM »

I like Rubio, but I think this Presidency has shown us a Biden/Obama ticket or Biden/Patrick ticket would have been much better and experienced.

A Kasich-Rubio ticket ensures the GOP eight years and pulls out the youthful person as the last person, not the first. If Obama was the incumbent Vice President, he would be a lot stronger than Biden if lacking as much persona.

We don't want to nominate a Kasich-Ernst ticket in 2024, trust me.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 07:54:14 PM »

I like Rubio, but I think this Presidency has shown us a Biden/Obama ticket or Biden/Patrick ticket would have been much better and experienced.

A Kasich-Rubio ticket ensures the GOP eight years and pulls out the youthful person as the last person, not the first. If Obama was the incumbent Vice President, he would be a lot stronger than Biden if lacking as much persona.

We don't want to nominate a Kasich-Ernst ticket in 2024, trust me.

Kasich's new slogan: "Vote Kasich 2016! To prevent Joni Ernst from becoming Vice President in 2025."
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 09:29:44 PM »

I don't buy the whole argument in the OP, but I do agree to an extent. Rubio is not flashy enough. I think it it is more likely than not that Christie becomes the establishment frontrunner. It's very tough with this GOP. They want someone angry (Trump) and they also want someone nice (Carson). The thing about Carson is he's an Ivy League doctor who is black and still thinks just like a white Southron. That is a good couple steps above parents escaping Cuba and some TP leanings in today's GOP. They are more angry than have-a-drink-with-me at this point, which is another Christie booster.

For what it's worth, I sold out of my Rubio shares today with some good gains. I rode that as long as I felt comfortable doing so as it was clear he would pass Bush. Will be looking into Christie soon. It's much safer just to short Bush at this point still as he is still hyyyuuugely overvalued unlike Rubio who is fair value to slightly over.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 08:37:05 AM »

Prediction markets have Rubio at 38 percent. That's about right.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/29/panic-in-bushworld-rubio-now-most-likely-gop-nominee-in-predictions-market/
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »

Bush and Rubio are minutes away from sideswiping each other with dual-purpose attacks. The best part will be Trump's reactions.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »

Bush and Rubio are minutes away from sideswiping each other with dual-purpose attacks. The best part will be Trump's reactions.

Not sure when this interview was recorded. I may have been literally right about minutes. Bests even my calling Rubio's flip on immigration the day before it happened.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/jeb-bush-marco-rubio-donald-trump/index.html
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »

Not sure when this interview was recorded. I may have been literally right about minutes. Bests even my calling Rubio's flip on immigration the day before it happened.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/jeb-bush-marco-rubio-donald-trump/index.html

We don't need a fresh face who inspires hope and change! We need another Bush who inspires mediocrity and despair.

Seriously does Jeb even run his statements by focus groups? Hillary will neuter this guy in the GE if he's the nom.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 12:41:59 AM »

I agree with what Nix has said about Rubio's relative strengths - though on the flip side, in this moment a polished policy-driven candidate may also have some disadvantages in garnering excitement.  Still, there's an opening for him once Jeb sinks.
Yelnoc, do you by any chance have a financial interest involved here?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 04:53:12 AM »

I disagree with this crazy idea that Senator Rubio isn't a policy wonk, he has been bold during the course of this campaign. His positions on the issues are clearly laid out on his website, he has articulated his positions during the debates, and he has gone to work on issues he cares about in the Florida Legislature and in the U.S. Senate. He was the first candidate to really publish detailed proposals on his website.

Trump attacks him because he's hispanic, let's be honest.
He also wrote a book on policy when he was Florida House Speaker. He's not quite Paul Ryan, but he's not a Trump either.

It was not a very good book.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 07:03:54 AM »

Jeb again compares Rubio to Obama on Morning Joe. Trump says Bush and Rubio hate each other and their playing nice is bullsh**t.  Good stuff.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »

Yelnoc, do you by any chance have a financial interest involved here?

I've divested, no worries.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies