Short Rubio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:06:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Short Rubio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Short Rubio  (Read 2910 times)
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« on: September 28, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »

Marco Rubio is a political insider who's whole life has been politics.  He has the look and feel of a manager trainee who's not really ready for the GM's job.

Traditionally, guys like Rubio work their way up.  Maybe a Senate leadership position, maybe a Cabinet appointment, maybe even VP.  But the top job?  Why Marco Rubio; what has he done, really, that's all that special?

It hurts Rubio that he's Hispanic because his youth and lack of experience at the higher levels of politics make it seem as if he's being boosted beyond where he's really at.  If he weren't Hispanic, he wouldn't be in the position he's in, and even he knows this.  At a certain point, the "Affirmative Action" aspect of those boosting him is going to hurt him.  I will say, however, that this may not kick in until AFTER he's the GOP nominee.  He's the most likely "establishment" candidate to grab that brass ring.

Pretty much everything you wrote was said of Obama in 2008. Ultimately Rubio's youth, with the right message, is the best contrast against any of the senior citizen aged Democratic candidates he'll be up against. Appearances matter, and appearing younger makes you look and feel more like an outsider than you really are. Obama was a perfect example of that. It'll ultimately serve as an advantage instead of a disadvantage.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »

Marco Rubio is a political insider who's whole life has been politics.  He has the look and feel of a manager trainee who's not really ready for the GM's job.

Traditionally, guys like Rubio work their way up.  Maybe a Senate leadership position, maybe a Cabinet appointment, maybe even VP.  But the top job?  Why Marco Rubio; what has he done, really, that's all that special?

It hurts Rubio that he's Hispanic because his youth and lack of experience at the higher levels of politics make it seem as if he's being boosted beyond where he's really at.  If he weren't Hispanic, he wouldn't be in the position he's in, and even he knows this.  At a certain point, the "Affirmative Action" aspect of those boosting him is going to hurt him.  I will say, however, that this may not kick in until AFTER he's the GOP nominee.  He's the most likely "establishment" candidate to grab that brass ring.

Pretty much everything you wrote was said of Obama in 2008. Ultimately Rubio's youth, with the right message, is the best contrast against any of the senior citizen aged Democratic candidates he'll be up against. Appearances matter, and appearing younger makes you look and feel more like an outsider than you really are. Obama was a perfect example of that. It'll ultimately serve as an advantage instead of a disadvantage.

Do you approve of Obama's presidency?

No. Not because of his inexperience though, I disagree with his policies.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »

You don't think his inability to wheel and deal with the senate or his foreign policy ineptitude my in some manner stem from his inadequate preparation for the office?

Dealing with Congress? No. Obama is the most liberal President since LBJ and the Republican Party has been drifting to the right ever since Reagan. His inability to cooperate with Congress is due to ideological clashes. A centrist like Bill Clinton was able to find more common ground with Gingrich Republicans than a liberal like Obama could with Tea Party Republicans.  

Foreign Policy? To an extent. Foreign Policy is an issue where experience arguably matters the most. Thankfully, this also happens to be Rubio's strongest area. I've been following the debates closely and I believe that he knows what he's talking about. He sounds stronger and more informed on foreign policy than most if not all of his colleagues on stage.  
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:55:11 AM »

Marco Rubio is a political insider who's whole life has been politics.  He has the look and feel of a manager trainee who's not really ready for the GM's job.

Traditionally, guys like Rubio work their way up.  Maybe a Senate leadership position, maybe a Cabinet appointment, maybe even VP.  But the top job?  Why Marco Rubio; what has he done, really, that's all that special?

It hurts Rubio that he's Hispanic because his youth and lack of experience at the higher levels of politics make it seem as if he's being boosted beyond where he's really at.  If he weren't Hispanic, he wouldn't be in the position he's in, and even he knows this.  At a certain point, the "Affirmative Action" aspect of those boosting him is going to hurt him.  I will say, however, that this may not kick in until AFTER he's the GOP nominee.  He's the most likely "establishment" candidate to grab that brass ring.

You don't think his inability to wheel and deal with the senate or his foreign policy ineptitude my in some manner stem from his inadequate preparation for the office?

Dealing with Congress? No. Obama is the most liberal President since LBJ and the Republican Party has been drifting to the right ever since Reagan. His inability to cooperate with Congress is due to ideological clashes. A centrist like Bill Clinton was able to find more common ground with Gingrich Republicans than a liberal like Obama could with Tea Party Republicans.  

Foreign Policy? To an extent. Foreign Policy is an issue where experience arguably matters the most. Thankfully, this also happens to be Rubio's strongest area. I've been following the debates closely and I believe that he knows what he's talking about. He sounds stronger and more informed on foreign policy than most if not all of his colleagues on stage.  

In the last 40 years, only Bush Sr had more foreign policy experience than Obama coming into office. Rubio likewise would have more than Bill Clinton, Bush Jr, Reagan or Carter but he'd also be far behind Hillary Clinton. He also doesn't strike me as anywhere near as smart as Hillary or Obama but it's hard to tell when his debate opponents have been Scott Walker, Ben Carson, Donald Trump.

I also think the argument that Obama failed to wheel and deal with the senate is ridiculous and am largely happy with his foreign policy.

Pelosi's senate sure. Not the House Republicans after the 2010 election though. Hillary is one of the few Democrats who is quite good on foreign policy. She wouldn't have been as much of a dove as Obama has been. My issue with her is on economics.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »

Not sure when this interview was recorded. I may have been literally right about minutes. Bests even my calling Rubio's flip on immigration the day before it happened.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/jeb-bush-marco-rubio-donald-trump/index.html

We don't need a fresh face who inspires hope and change! We need another Bush who inspires mediocrity and despair.

Seriously does Jeb even run his statements by focus groups? Hillary will neuter this guy in the GE if he's the nom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies