Short Rubio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:02:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Short Rubio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Short Rubio  (Read 2908 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 28, 2015, 08:24:51 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2015, 10:57:30 PM by Yelnoc »

He's not at all ready for the prime time. Now that you people [belt way insiders, their children, and other hangers on] are taking him seriously, he's a ticking time bomb. If you're in any betting markets, I'd cash out the week before the next debate. Seriously, there is no way that man gets any serious traction, much less wins anything.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »

Marco Rubio is a political insider who's whole life has been politics.  He has the look and feel of a manager trainee who's not really ready for the GM's job.

Traditionally, guys like Rubio work their way up.  Maybe a Senate leadership position, maybe a Cabinet appointment, maybe even VP.  But the top job?  Why Marco Rubio; what has he done, really, that's all that special?

It hurts Rubio that he's Hispanic because his youth and lack of experience at the higher levels of politics make it seem as if he's being boosted beyond where he's really at.  If he weren't Hispanic, he wouldn't be in the position he's in, and even he knows this.  At a certain point, the "Affirmative Action" aspect of those boosting him is going to hurt him.  I will say, however, that this may not kick in until AFTER he's the GOP nominee.  He's the most likely "establishment" candidate to grab that brass ring.

Pretty much everything you wrote was said of Obama in 2008. Ultimately Rubio's youth, with the right message, is the best contrast against any of the senior citizen aged Democratic candidates he'll be up against. Appearances matter, and appearing younger makes you look and feel more like an outsider than you really are. Obama was a perfect example of that. It'll ultimately serve as an advantage instead of a disadvantage.

Do you approve of Obama's presidency?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »

Marco Rubio is a political insider who's whole life has been politics.  He has the look and feel of a manager trainee who's not really ready for the GM's job.

Traditionally, guys like Rubio work their way up.  Maybe a Senate leadership position, maybe a Cabinet appointment, maybe even VP.  But the top job?  Why Marco Rubio; what has he done, really, that's all that special?

It hurts Rubio that he's Hispanic because his youth and lack of experience at the higher levels of politics make it seem as if he's being boosted beyond where he's really at.  If he weren't Hispanic, he wouldn't be in the position he's in, and even he knows this.  At a certain point, the "Affirmative Action" aspect of those boosting him is going to hurt him.  I will say, however, that this may not kick in until AFTER he's the GOP nominee.  He's the most likely "establishment" candidate to grab that brass ring.

Pretty much everything you wrote was said of Obama in 2008. Ultimately Rubio's youth, with the right message, is the best contrast against any of the senior citizen aged Democratic candidates he'll be up against. Appearances matter, and appearing younger makes you look and feel more like an outsider than you really are. Obama was a perfect example of that. It'll ultimately serve as an advantage instead of a disadvantage.

Do you approve of Obama's presidency?

No. Not because of his inexperience though, I disagree with his policies.

You don't think his inability to wheel and deal with the senate or his foreign policy ineptitude my in some manner stem from his inadequate preparation for the office?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »

Yelnoc, do you by any chance have a financial interest involved here?

I've divested, no worries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies