Game changer: How should candidates respond to news of flowing water on Mars?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:40:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Game changer: How should candidates respond to news of flowing water on Mars?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game changer: How should candidates respond to news of flowing water on Mars?  (Read 1537 times)
Averroės Nix
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:48:12 PM »

NASA's announcement that it has identified possible flowing water on the surface of Mars is dominating the evening's political buzz. How should the 2016 presidential candidates respond? Is this an opportunity for another Republican to stand out against a crowded field? Could this be Clinton's salvation? Please respond.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »

It's not too late for Gingrich to jump in tbh imo
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:50:44 PM »

NASA's announcement that it has identified possible flowing water on the surface of Mars is dominating the evening's political buzz. How should the 2016 presidential candidates respond? Is this an opportunity for another Republican to stand out against a crowded field? Could this be Clinton's salvation? Please respond.

Wait seriously this was announced today?

I had a dream last night about a robot being sent to extract water from Mars. This is freaking me out. I don't think I left the TV on either.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:52:38 PM »

If we ever get a probe out to this flowing water and find microbial life in it, prepare for all Hell to break lose within the evangelical/Bible literalist community.

My understanding is that we're more likely to find it on Europa or Enceladus, but couldn't hurt to check the Maritan water and see what's in it.
defe07

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »

I'd like to see somebody say: "Where does Gingrich stand on colonializing Mars?" Cheesy
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »

Trump should consider moving there to get the F--K out of our country and take his dysfunctional children and over rated wife with him.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »

That's not as important as if we discover a Mass Effect Relay. I'd rather see the candidates react to Turians invading us.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »

Donald Trump: "We're going to take spaceships over to Mars, and we're gonna populate it. We're gonna make Mars so glamorous, so rich, so wonderful that we're just going to have more stuff because of it. It's time to make Mars great again!"
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »

Donald Trump: "We're going to take spaceships over to Mars, and we're gonna populate it. We're gonna make Mars so glamorous, so rich, so wonderful that we're just going to have more stuff because of it. It's time to make Mars great again!"

I can't wait for Trump to announce that he will build a big, beautiful wall across the entire equator of Mars. If he's astute enough, he'll get China or Mexico to pay for it as well.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 02:17:51 PM »

Obviously, Rubio is now going to support an aggressive Mars colonization effort.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 04:02:42 AM »

Is Mars an "Atlas-color" red planet or a "mainstream-media-color" red planet ? If the former, then Sanders should get a boost. If the latter, then maybe it's the next OK or WY, or something, so very conservative candidates could get an edge ?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 11:35:31 AM »

In case anyone curious, Limbaugh's position is that this "discovery" that Mars once had a thicker atmosphere and even more water, before much of it bled away into space, is questionable science being used by the "mainstream media" as propaganda to scare us into action on climate change ahead of the Paris summit. Here's the relevant portion of yesterday's transcript (I was listening in the car):

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 11:37:49 AM »

Nobody there to experience it? I'm sure he rejects evolution for the same reasons as well.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »

I think it is an important news story, but in politics only certain things get attention and in that sense this is a non-story, because most people are more concerned about other issues.
Downnice
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.64, S: -7.86

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 01:36:53 PM »

That's not as important as if we discover a Mass Effect Relay. I'd rather see the candidates react to Turians invading us.

Just look at their UN policies, the citadel council is the same thing and just as useless =)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »

Nobody there to experience it? I'm sure he rejects evolution for the same reasons as well.

Yes. Ftr I've never listed to Rush Limbaugh's show, so lacking direct evidence for his existence; I reject the existence of Rush Limbaugh.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies