Federalist Party Irregular Emergency Meeting (Closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:41:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party Irregular Emergency Meeting (Closed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Federalist Party Irregular Emergency Meeting (Closed)  (Read 4208 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »

The amusing thing in general is the Fedoralists gloating about their HISTORIC COMEBACK because literally everyone else quit the game and they elected their robots on historically low turnouts against the shattered rump of Labor and the stagnating TPP.

No are are gloating about having survived the machiavellian scheming of people so crazy as to destroy their own parties. If they did that to their friends, imagine what could have happened to us.

We have every reason to be dancing in the streets.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 09:27:54 PM »

[3] Ashland, Oregon
[5] Ripon, Wisconsin
[4] Portland, Maine
[2] Mobile, Alabama
[1] McKinney, Texas

Abstain on the expulsion vote.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »

Official Ballot (please rank the following):
[3] Ashland, Oregon
[2] Ripon, Wisconsin
[1] Portland, Maine
[4] Mobile, Alabama
[5] McKinney, Texas

Expulsion Vote

Official Ballot:
[  ] Aye
[X] Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 10:00:46 PM »

This is not February 2014.

Anyone who joins after the vote started will not be counted.

We weren't going to be Napoleon's bitch and we aren't going to be anyone else's either. If people wish to join they are welcome to do so, but we will not tolerate the rigging of this vote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 10:24:14 PM »

The amusing thing in general is the Fedoralists gloating about their HISTORIC COMEBACK because literally everyone else quit the game and they elected their robots on historically low turnouts against the shattered rump of Labor and the stagnating TPP.

No are are gloating about having survived the machiavellian scheming of people so crazy as to destroy their own parties. If they did that to their friends, imagine what could have happened to us.

He went for broke on a dangerous plan that backfired spectacularly. Why did it backfire? Because he didn't know what he was working with. Oakvale could be a CEO with that skill set; sink your company and move on.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »

He went for broke on a dangerous plan that backfired spectacularly. Why did it backfire? Because he didn't know what he was working with. Oakvale could be a CEO with that skill set; sink your company and move on.

I guess that makes Truman, Duke and the boys the fleeced stockholders. #OakBainFTW
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »

I am gratified to announce all questions will be answered tomorrow. I am busy crafting the plan to #makeatlasiagreatagain and incorporating it with rich federalist values!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »

And I have stated many times I no longer support dissolution, but creating a better game from the shambles we are currently in. Once again, you are totally making up facts here. And as for my statements on regional rights, I believe that Mr. Yankee now acknowledges the crisis we are in and is open to reform; I believe we have more in common than ever before.

You left the Labor party because it split over the districts proposal, not because you had moved to right. Had districts gone through, would you still be a member of the Labor Party?

You claim to have moved to the right, after years of facilitating the worst excessess of Labor and openly pushing for the very partisan Senate administration we got a taste of last summer with TNF running the place. Ironically, this transitition sounds very similar to a certain someone who also likewise claimed to have moved to the right, but still continued to facilitate such excesses for months and even years until arguably a rather convient opportunity came around to parade as a paragon of Conservatism.  Undertanbly we would be weary as a result.

I support consolidation, I do not support regional abolition, nor the abolition of Regional Senate seats. Supporting reform does not equal being anti-region, and approaching it from that mindset, surely you can see will set off still more red flags.

1. I have never supported regional abolition!!! My current plan, in fact, calls for 3 seats to be allocated to each region in the Senate.

2. If districts had gone through, my departure from the Labor Party would have simply happened later. The party once stood for decent ideals, but at the time it was undergoing communist infiltration I was deeply concerned about!!!

3. I have moved significantly to the right, although I am a moderate conservative moreso than a hard-liner. In mock parliament, I am allied with a conservative party, and I have proposed to end the union-coddling, overspending communist laws in place in Atlasia.

THE TALLEYRAND PLAN; THE ONLY WAY WE CAN RESTORE OUR GREAT NATION

1. Slash the bloated bureacracy- We need competitive, strong elections, not pointless offices so every dummy can get a position to satisfy his ego! Here is my plan-

-3 regions (or 2 with Northeast Independence), each with 3 legislators, 1 governor and 1 judge.

-The three regional judges convened shall form the Supreme Court.

-A 9 member Senate with 3 regional senators and 6 district senators. Each region will have two districts. Class A will be elected with the president and consist of the regional senators, and Class B will consist of all the district senators and be elected in midterms. The Senate shall be presided over by a Prime Minister, so the senate shall be a partisan body.

-No more Vice President- this is a pointless, idiotic position. The cabinet will be cut down to an Interior Secretary to manage internal affairs and a State Secretary to manage external ones; they shall be tasked with updating the wiki or face dismissal. There shall be a Registrar General and a SoFE. No Attorney General- the President may appoint special prosecutors instead. A Game Moderator shall work with the South Americans to create rich, realistic, and interesting scenarios!

-This plan only has 30 total officials for the game, and if Senators pull double duty in Cabinet, even less!!!

2. Recognize South America and/or the Northeast

-We must inject a realistic notion of foreign policy into Atlasia, and recognize the self-determination of peoples. We must work constructively and creatively with our southern and possibly northern neighbors to replicate some semblance of trade and statehood!!!

3. Clean up the economy

-Eliminate the communist, union-boss policies and create a free-market Atlasia with a strong economy that we can be proud about on the world stage!!!

-We must have a legislative reset to alleviate this crisis.

4. Fix the Constitutional Convention and enforce our laws

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

-Make sure illegal behavior isn't tolerated.

I now open the floor to questions!!! #restoreatlasia
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »

Are there any further inquiries???
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 04:53:50 AM »

The Convention City vote is over, but I lack the time to wade through all this garbage to count them. I have to work tomorrow.

And I have stated many times I no longer support dissolution, but creating a better game from the shambles we are currently in. Once again, you are totally making up facts here. And as for my statements on regional rights, I believe that Mr. Yankee now acknowledges the crisis we are in and is open to reform; I believe we have more in common than ever before.

You left the Labor party because it split over the districts proposal, not because you had moved to right. Had districts gone through, would you still be a member of the Labor Party?

You claim to have moved to the right, after years of facilitating the worst excessess of Labor and openly pushing for the very partisan Senate administration we got a taste of last summer with TNF running the place. Ironically, this transitition sounds very similar to a certain someone who also likewise claimed to have moved to the right, but still continued to facilitate such excesses for months and even years until arguably a rather convient opportunity came around to parade as a paragon of Conservatism.  Undertanbly we would be weary as a result.

I support consolidation, I do not support regional abolition, nor the abolition of Regional Senate seats. Supporting reform does not equal being anti-region, and approaching it from that mindset, surely you can see will set off still more red flags.

1. I have never supported regional abolition!!! My current plan, in fact, calls for 3 seats to be allocated to each region in the Senate.

2. If districts had gone through, my departure from the Labor Party would have simply happened later. The party once stood for decent ideals, but at the time it was undergoing communist infiltration I was deeply concerned about!!!

3. I have moved significantly to the right, although I am a moderate conservative moreso than a hard-liner. In mock parliament, I am allied with a conservative party, and I have proposed to end the union-coddling, overspending communist laws in place in Atlasia.

THE TALLEYRAND PLAN; THE ONLY WAY WE CAN RESTORE OUR GREAT NATION

1. Slash the bloated bureacracy- We need competitive, strong elections, not pointless offices so every dummy can get a position to satisfy his ego! Here is my plan-

-3 regions (or 2 with Northeast Independence), each with 3 legislators, 1 governor and 1 judge.

-The three regional judges convened shall form the Supreme Court.

-A 9 member Senate with 3 regional senators and 6 district senators. Each region will have two districts. Class A will be elected with the president and consist of the regional senators, and Class B will consist of all the district senators and be elected in midterms. The Senate shall be presided over by a Prime Minister, so the senate shall be a partisan body.

-No more Vice President- this is a pointless, idiotic position. The cabinet will be cut down to an Interior Secretary to manage internal affairs and a State Secretary to manage external ones; they shall be tasked with updating the wiki or face dismissal. There shall be a Registrar General and a SoFE. No Attorney General- the President may appoint special prosecutors instead. A Game Moderator shall work with the South Americans to create rich, realistic, and interesting scenarios!

-This plan only has 30 total officials for the game, and if Senators pull double duty in Cabinet, even less!!!

2. Recognize South America and/or the Northeast

-We must inject a realistic notion of foreign policy into Atlasia, and recognize the self-determination of peoples. We must work constructively and creatively with our southern and possibly northern neighbors to replicate some semblance of trade and statehood!!!

3. Clean up the economy

-Eliminate the communist, union-boss policies and create a free-market Atlasia with a strong economy that we can be proud about on the world stage!!!

-We must have a legislative reset to alleviate this crisis.

4. Fix the Constitutional Convention and enforce our laws

-The current constitutional convention is bureaucratic, legalistic nightmare like Atlasia itself. We need to suspend rules and move along with the job instead of wasting time over trivialities such as who should open whatever thread. Let the delegates do their job!!! I will seek a delegate position when one inevitably opens up to promote this.

-Make sure illegal behavior isn't tolerated.

I now open the floor to questions!!! #restoreatlasia

What communist union boss policies would you remove?

Also "began to be infiltrated"? Labor facilitated attempts to nationalize whatever TNF could get his groper nasties on and were it not for Duke, Cincy and shua, most of that garbage would have passed the Senate, some carrying your Aye vote as a Labor Senator representing At-Large Seat #5 from January 2014 until I think March 2014. What policies did Labor pursue in 2015 as opposed to 2014, that rendered it to be "infiltrated by commies" in the former but not the latter? What decent ideals did they once have and when did they stop being defined by them?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2015, 07:28:19 AM by low-energy loser evergreen »

The Convention City vote is over, but I lack the time to wade through all this garbage to count them. I have to work tomorrow.

nice election actually

raw votes:
xpramk
goldwaterkmapr
bb96pakrm
jclkapmr
ncymapkr
leinadkmapr
pitmkpra
supermanrpkam
t'randkmpar
rgnprmka
cconak---
jomcarpmakr

4 portland
4 mckinney
2 mobile
1 ripon
1 ashland

2nd prefs: ripon 2, ashland 3
ripon is eliminated

5 portland
4 mckinney
2 mobile
1 ashland

ashland is eliminated

5 portland
5 mckinney
2 mobile

mobile is eliminated

6 portland
6 mckinney

1st prefs: portland 4, mckinney 4
2nd prefs: portland 1, mckinney 2

mckinney wins
(although ofc somebody should check to make sure i didn't miss anything)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »

Senator,

My views have significantly changed since Spring 2014 as I have met the wondrous joys of capitalism face to face. Some of the bills I would repeal include the Contract Act; I would also eliminate the ludicrous 20 hour workweek!!! By 2015, the Labor Party was focused on some very aggressive movements to maintain a foothold in power and nationalize energy. It seems like the party has been moved back to sanity once more, but my views no longer fit the party's agenda!!!

Any other inquiries???
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 04:09:42 AM »

I was asked to count the votes, but it seems Evergreen has already done that! Thanks, Ms. Speaker! Smiley

Nevertheless, I'll double-check everything.

First of all, the ruling by Yankee, the captain of this ship, is that X's vote doesn't count because he became a member of the party after the vote started. I agree with this decision--nothing personal to anyone specific, it's just a rather dangerous loophole, and it's no less strict a rule than the Atlasian election ones.

Also, I agree with Evergreen's decision to put Classic Conservative's ballot at only 1 and 2, due to the fact that he had two 5th preferences. (I do stuff like that all the time, which is why I obsessively proofread.)

Fortunately, neither of those errors matter! So no controversy here! Phew...

Anyway, as Evergreen correctly computed, the winner (6-5 on the final round, no tiebreakers necessary), and the host of the Federalist Party Convention is...

McKinney, Texas!

Congratulations to the city just north of the DFW metroplex, I'm sure it will make a wonderful host, and I look forward to attending.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »

Expulsion Vote

Official Ballot:
[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

The Federalist Party can permit membership to people even if they do not agree with the entire party platform so long as they are willing to be team players. We've been successfully played by people before so I understand the suspicion, but I do think we shouldn't expel people without them at least doing something detrimental to the party first. I don't think Talleyrand has.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »

It is clear that there is not the support to throw out Talleyrand by a convincing margin and with such a low turnout I hardly think it representative of the divided nature of the party on this matter. I don't think of slim majority of a handful of people can realistically make a decision like this for a party of 41.

I therefore am switching my vote from blank to Nay.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »

I hope you are not being played but I have some doubt. Someone making a sales pitch for voting Talleyrand presented him as a solution to the Federalist and TPP ruled Senate and said the other candidate would just go along with the Federalist. I find it a strange way to convince voters to vote for a Federalist party candidate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »

I hope you are not being played but I have some doubt. Someone making a sales pitch for voting Talleyrand presented him as a solution to the Federalist and TPP ruled Senate and said the other candidate would just go along with the Federalist. I find it a strange way to convince voters to vote for a Federalist party candidate.

It's his responsibility to live down the accusations of his critics. If that is how he plans to play it, then that is his call. However, I would hope he would not kick in the face the Federalists who came to his defense and decided to give him a chance to prove the critics wrong.

I am glad to see you doing well, Poirot. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »

Regarding Expulsion of Tallyrandbull

• Aye
[]Nay

He has not convinced most Federalists of his "conversation" to being of a center-right perusuasion (the vast majority of the party voted against him and there is justifiable reason for it) and he was not transparent with many during our questioning. I urge chairman Yankee to change his vote back to an aye.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2015, 11:58:02 PM »

It had been my intention to close the expulsion vote earlier this morning at the seven day mark, since to extend it further would be ridiculous.

The current vote without JCL is 5-5-1. With JCL it is 6-5-1. Regardless of which count is used, a majority of the 12 votes cast (50%+1) is not present, and therefore the vote to expell Talleyrand from the Federalist Party has failed.

I understand this vote was divisive, the results bare there out, but we have to ask ourselves as a party do we really want to have half a dozen votes determing membership in the negative when almost as many take the opposite approach. We need to strengthen this section of the bylaws.

It is time to focus on the future and our own Party convention, therefore having completed the business before this irregular meeting, I declare it concluded.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2015, 12:27:03 AM »

It had been my intention to close the expulsion vote earlier this morning at the seven day mark, since to extend it further would be ridiculous.

The current vote without JCL is 5-5-1. With JCL it is 6-5-1. Regardless of which count is used, a majority of the 12 votes cast (50%+1) is not present, and therefore the vote to expell Talleyrand from the Federalist Party has failed.

I understand this vote was divisive, the results bare there out, but we have to ask ourselves as a party do we really want to have half a dozen votes determing membership in the negative when almost as many take the opposite approach. We need to strengthen this section of the bylaws.

It is time to focus on the future and our own Party convention, therefore having completed the business before this irregular meeting, I declare it concluded.

I motion to reopen. With all due respect Yankee, look at the fact that the vast majority (70%) of the party voted against him in the special election. Had all federalist a voted on this, he'd be out and should be. Forgiveness is one thing but Tallyrand will not have the support of the Coolidge Society (the conservative/libertarian caucus) of this party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2015, 01:13:05 AM »

I motion to reopen. With all due respect Yankee, look at the fact that the vast majority (70%) of the party voted against him in the special election. Had all federalist a voted on this, he'd be out and should be. Forgiveness is one thing but Tallyrand will not have the support of the Coolidge Society (the conservative/libertarian caucus) of this party.

The onus is on him to live down his reputation as being hostile to the Federalist Party. If he wants to remain and be a productive member, that is his only option. If he doesn't, then he will probably not find much support going forward and if he actively harms the party, then this will be revisited.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies