LOL, Jeb's energy plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:58:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  LOL, Jeb's energy plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LOL, Jeb's energy plan  (Read 684 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2015, 09:26:05 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/29/jeb-bush-energy-policy-environment

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL. This dumbass doesn't even understand the basic rules of economics. A middle school student could school him on supply and demand.

Yeah that's not a parody.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:27:46 PM »

Are we surprised that a low-energy loser has a terrible energy plan?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 09:46:07 PM by dudeabides »

First of all, it is common sense to lift the ban on the export of crude oil and to allow states to have greater control over their own energy resources. We need to embrace natrual gas, the midwest has experienced a faster economic recovery as the rest of the nation stagnates (with other exceptions) in part because of the increase of natural gas exploration and use.

As far as the Keystone Pipeline, I support it, but I do believe that it is being over sold - it's benefits are not as great as what some are telling us, though there are benefits.

What I am happy to see here is unlike Romney and McCain before him, Bush is not going to start handing out tax credits or continue Obama's corporate welfare for the green energy sector.

I am also happy to see Governor Bush support reversing Obama's onerous carbon rule, I only wish he would also support repeal of his brother's Energy Policy Act of 2005 which has been nothing but more corporate welfare, Barack Obama supported it then by the way.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 02:09:06 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/29/jeb-bush-energy-policy-environment

LOL. This dumbass doesn't even understand the basic rules of economics. A middle school student could school him on supply and demand.

Yeah that's not a parody.

That's so awful that I had to go track down the video before I could convince myself you and Guardian weren't getting fooled. It's available from C-SPAN, here:
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328419-1/former-governor-jeb-bush-rfl-energy-policy-address

Sadly, the transcript doesn't seem up yet.

The speech also includes this gem:

He also speaks of "Reinventing the wheel" as a good thing. (And mentions "silicone valley" in a giggle-worthy slip.)

It's getting increasingly difficult to see him as anything but a parody of himself.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 04:15:20 AM »

Of course his energy plan is going to suck. His brother and Cheney got away with having a 2 Texas oil men ticket, it's not like they even pretended to anyone with half a brain to have any non terrible energy plan.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »

The former Florida governor left without taking questions from journalists, who were forced inside a metal pen and prevented from leaving to speak to him after his speech, which only saw brief questions from the company founders.

After the former governor left, the press tent was overcome with fumes from one of the several generators that had been set up in the parking lot.

Lmao
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »

First of all, it is common sense to lift the ban on the export of crude oil and to allow states to have greater control over their own energy resources. We need to embrace natrual gas, the midwest has experienced a faster economic recovery as the rest of the nation stagnates (with other exceptions) in part because of the increase of natural gas exploration and use.

As far as the Keystone Pipeline, I support it, but I do believe that it is being over sold - it's benefits are not as great as what some are telling us, though there are benefits.

What I am happy to see here is unlike Romney and McCain before him, Bush is not going to start handing out tax credits or continue Obama's corporate welfare for the green energy sector.

I am also happy to see Governor Bush support reversing Obama's onerous carbon rule, I only wish he would also support repeal of his brother's Energy Policy Act of 2005 which has been nothing but more corporate welfare, Barack Obama supported it then by the way.

Well, you can export any petroleum product that has been refined (even if barely refined) and the US does do that, and in fact hit another new record in July of almost 5 million barrels per day (though 526,000 of that was crude--not a record btw).

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MTTEXUS2&f=M

Lifting the crude ban would probably provide minimal benefit to domestic producers and minimal harm to domestic refiners--kind of a wash.  Don't see any reason to expect it would be a game changer.  There are current loopholes for some crude oil-Alaska could export it's oil elsewhere, condensates from Texas can be run thru a splitter and declared "refined", but aside from a random cargo to Korea, Alaskan oil keeps coming to the West Coast and condensate exports have been pretty minimal (with a mysterious drop in July).

Don't understand your natural gas statements.  While Texas continues to be the biggest producer of NG, the great expansion of production has come in PA-OH-WV (Marcellus-Utica).  It has enabled a build out of NG Combined cycle power plants (which actually started around 2000--the Marcellus/Utica ensures they all have enough domestic NG to run) and thus a massive swing from coal to NG generation pretty much everywhere east of the Mississippi.  Of course, that has hurt coal miners in the same states and lower energy employment since NG requires fewer people up and down the chain as coal does.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 04:46:13 PM »

But remember, Jeb is the moderate candidate.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:14 PM »

The surprising thing is how old fashioned DrillBabyDrill this is. Bush was supposed to be running for the general. Evenhis tax plan had some nods to being more than usual GOP orthodoxy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies