What happened to Kasich?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:30:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What happened to Kasich?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What happened to Kasich?  (Read 2550 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »

I would say his major problem is that voters care more right now about speaking ability than resumes. Kasich has accomplished a lot and is a great governor of Ohio. Still, when he stands at a podium he comes off as awkward and unpolished compared to the others on the national stage. He hasn't interrupted people much and hasn't demonstrated why his brand of conservatism is the best choice to fix America's problems.

No, it's not ideological, at least not most of it.

Exactly, and well said.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 09:10:43 PM »

Nothing, this board just had a strange fascination with Kasich
This. A somewhat good first debate on FOX didn't mean he was suddenly going to have a chance to win the nomination, even if many people on Atlas hoped so. His performance in the second debate was weak and he is just lame and boring in general.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:08 PM »

Nothing, this board just had a strange fascination with Kasich
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 04:35:03 PM »

I think he is still in a pretty decent position. He seems to still be doing good in NH, which obviously he needs to win in order to be a contender for the nomination at the end of the day. The establishment still likes him.

Though he needs to turn in a better debate performance in a few weeks or that might change.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 04:37:37 PM »

I supported Kasich after the first debate, but I felt tired by his 2nd performance. Personally, while stole me was how well Rubio did. I know that's anecdotal, but it might help explain some of the problem.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 05:03:23 PM »

In every election cycle, there are always folks who the media expects to run and believes they will be a game changer. Sometimes, they don't actually run - look at Collin Powell in 1996. Everyone thought he would be the nominee and had the best chance of being elected President. He never ran. But this is now the third cycle in a row where we've had a candidate who won a lot of attention and was considered to be a game changer, and it never materialized. Fred Thompson was thought to be the conservative alternative to McCain, Romney, and Huckabee in 2007-2008. Rick Perry was thought to be Mitt Romney's biggest obstacle to the nomination in 2011-2012. Now, we have John Kasich.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 05:11:04 PM »

In every election cycle, there are always folks who the media expects to run and believes they will be a game changer. Sometimes, they don't actually run - look at Collin Powell in 1996. Everyone thought he would be the nominee and had the best chance of being elected President. He never ran. But this is now the third cycle in a row where we've had a candidate who won a lot of attention and was considered to be a game changer, and it never materialized. Fred Thompson was thought to be the conservative alternative to McCain, Romney, and Huckabee in 2007-2008. Rick Perry was thought to be Mitt Romney's biggest obstacle to the nomination in 2011-2012. Now, we have John Kasich.

I always thought Romney was the "conservative" alternate to McCain, and Huckabee was just the SoCon guy. Not counting Thompson since his campaign obviously imploded.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies