What happened to Kasich? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:45:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What happened to Kasich? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happened to Kasich?  (Read 2554 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: September 30, 2015, 12:12:04 AM »
« edited: September 30, 2015, 12:18:58 AM by SteveMcQueen »

Let's face it, the dude's not doing well.  He's polling 2-4% nationally, about on par with Christie, Paul, and Huckabee, each of whom has been thought to be close to dropping out at one point or another.  He's all-in on New Hampshire, but it seems like he already peaked at 10% and now he's dwindling.  His last debate performance was nervous and awkward and cringeworthy.  He can't stand up straight and reuses lines.  And I haven't heard anything about him, good or bad, in the media at all.  He hasn't put out any position papers.  I never hear about campaign events or rallies for him.

It's frustrating because he should be doing much better.  He's the guy who actually balanced the budget!  He was a creative, innovative, and effective conservative governor!  He was on the House Armed Services committee for almost two decades!  He wrote mountains of impactful legislation!

I expected Kasich to blitz out of the gate with a folksy campaign driven by a regular schedule of creative, technically adept proposals and based on the rock-solid foundation of his record.  Instead what we've gotten is an awkward guy who just repeats the basics of his record over and over without having really any new ideas except for his unnaturally moderate stances on key issues.

What is he doing?  What happened?  Can he turn it around?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies