Kelly Gissendaner Executed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:34:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kelly Gissendaner Executed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you agree?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Kelly Gissendaner Executed  (Read 4160 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2015, 12:07:13 PM »

Slightly more than 2/3 opposed.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »

That's pretty much my sentiment, but I'm to the point now where I don't think I can give the death penalty that much credit since there's a percentage of completely innocent people on death row with the state showing no interest in getting it right. In this case everyone knew she wasn't the actual killer.

The woman isn't innocent.  We all know she convinced this guy to kill her husband.  Secondly it was her choice to enter into this plot to kill her husband.  The state did not force her into this murder plot.  Secondly after her husband was killed and she was caught she was giving a second opportunity to avoid the death penalty and again she made her choice.  That is a far cry from a mentally retarded innocent black kid getting framed for murder by a crooked cop.  Those two thinks should not be conflated.  It really dishonors all the poor souls who were murdered just because they were poor and black.

Bottom line the law should not be there to protect people from their own gross stupidity.  If you for some reason decide to lie about a murder plot until you are put to death that is your choice... a choice many poor black people never have the luxury of being offered.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »

That's pretty much my sentiment, but I'm to the point now where I don't think I can give the death penalty that much credit since there's a percentage of completely innocent people on death row with the state showing no interest in getting it right. In this case everyone knew she wasn't the actual killer.

The woman isn't innocent.  We all know she convinced this guy to kill her husband.  Secondly it was her choice to enter into this plot to kill her husband.  The state did not force her into this murder plot. 

Of course she's not "innocent," but she didn't pull the trigger!! If we're going to execute people who don't pull the trigger, we're in Fascist territory. They don't execute Mob chiefs for ordering like 50 hits, they throw them in jail. Which is why the death penalty is the most obscenely unfair measure of justice in our society. "She was a mastermind." LOL. B.S. She masterminded nothing. The guy made a choice to kill her husband.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »

That's actually a good point. How many mob bosses have been executed?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »

If she didn't want to be with her husband, she could have left him him. Her problem was that she was greedy and wanted his money, so she had him killed so she could take all his money. She didn't have to pull the trigger to be a murderer. She got exactly what she deserved, period.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »

If she didn't want to be with her husband, she could have left him him. Her problem was that she was greedy and wanted his money, so she had him killed so she could take all his money. She didn't have to pull the trigger to be a murderer. She got exactly what she deserved, period.

Wow, for once I agree with you on something. She was also a pretty good actor/liar and never showed regret or remorse for her crimes.

Yes, I do. She was a cold blooded murderer.

Good, the death penalty needs to be used on more cases like this.

Reprimand cold-blooded murder with cold-blooded murder?

Cold-blooded? LOL. She knew what awaited her when she decided to kill her husband. Death penalty /=/ murder. Im sure you'd be thinking the same if it was your father who got killed.

I would so do a Dukakis.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »

nobody deserves death
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »

The woman isn't innocent.  We all know she convinced this guy to kill her husband.  Secondly it was her choice to enter into this plot to kill her husband.  The state did not force her into this murder plot. 

Of course she's not "innocent," but she didn't pull the trigger!! If we're going to execute people who don't pull the trigger, we're in Fascist territory.

Now were are comparing her to innocent Jewish children that were tortured and gassed by Nazis?!  You are really doing a disservice to every innocent person that has been killed.

They don't execute Mob chiefs for ordering like 50 hits, they throw them in jail.

Which mob boss has been convicted of 50 hits?!  Do you have any idea what it would take to convict someone of 50 murders when they never pulled the trigger?  Name one person who has been convicted of 50 murders.  Many times reputed gangsters are convicted for non murder racketeering and tax evasion.  And of course when facing the death penalty they have the brains to take the deal.  You are watching way too many movies.

You also keep ignoring one simple fact.  She was offered a deal that included PAROLE.  She turned it down.  Did Hitler give all the Jews a choice at the door to the oven?  No?  Then please stop with this Holocaust stuff.  She is a guilty person and she had a very simple choice.  She made her choice.

Watching movies and making emotional outbursts is not the way to deal with a serious topic like this.  50 murder convictions?  What are they teaching in our schools?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »

I agree that she was executed.

I'm kinda surprised at the votes suggesting otherwise.

To be slightly more serious, I do support the death penalty and this seems like a valid use of it.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »

I agree that she was executed.

To be slightly more serious, I do support the death penalty and this seems like a valid use of it.

I'm always a bit puzzled by how much of a media circus it becomes when a woman is executed, especially as most of the cases I can remember in recent years are both white and guilty.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »

Part of the reason is there are people like me who are against the death penalty in all cases because the ridiculous number of innocent people we have put to death.

Unfortunately the other problem is a lot of people on this forum didn't bother to read anything about the case.  They are acting like some omnipotent power in the government singlehandedly decided that she would die and the guy who plunged the knife it would live.  They don't seem to realize she was offered life with the possibility of parole and turned it down.  Her choice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies