Do you believe this proves suburbs are terrible places?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:00:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you believe this proves suburbs are terrible places?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Do you believe this proves suburbs are terrible places?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Do you believe this proves suburbs are terrible places?  (Read 5957 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:47:19 PM »

My city + North Mankato has a population of 45,211 people. There is only one strip club in the area, but that's still a strip club:person ratio of 1:45211.

The Twin Cities have 659,672 people between them. They have 14 strip clubs. That's a ratio of 1:47119

Twin Cities suburbia has 2,314,938 people. There are only 4 strip clubs in the whole area, and one is a male stripper one hence I don't care about it at all. That's a ratio of 1:771646

The fact that stripclubs per capita to the population are about 16x more common in my city and the Twin Cities than the suburbs is proof that suburbs are no fun.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:56:16 PM »

...  BRTD, for the love of all things, go and get laid.  Or I can do it too if you can't find anyone.  But please...  no more strip club threads... 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 01:09:02 PM »

it's not about strip clubs, it's about suburbs sucking.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 01:13:56 PM »

and places that lack strip clubs also lack things like independent record stores and hipster bars. The most important things that all cities must have.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 01:25:43 PM »

The most important things that all cities must have.

I think you'll find that that would be drains, an economic base, transport links etc.
Banana Republic
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 02:14:02 PM »

Strip clubs are for men too lazy or disgusting to get laid the proper way. The only things one of these places brings into the community are fat old guys and hookers/drug dealers waiting outside to take advantage of them.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 02:46:15 PM »

My city + North Mankato has a population of 45,211 people. There is only one strip club in the area, but that's still a strip club:person ratio of 1:45211.

The Twin Cities have 659,672 people between them. They have 14 strip clubs. That's a ratio of 1:47119

Twin Cities suburbia has 2,314,938 people. There are only 4 strip clubs in the whole area, and one is a male stripper one hence I don't care about it at all. That's a ratio of 1:771646

The fact that stripclubs per capita to the population are about 16x more common in my city and the Twin Cities than the suburbs is proof that suburbs are no fun.

@%$^ing hell, shut up about strip clubs and suburbs already.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 08:03:37 PM »

@%$^ing hell, shut up about strip clubs and suburbs already.

^^^^^^^
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 08:22:04 PM »

BRTD, no one other than you and maybe one or two other people here cares about the number of strip clubs in a suburb. Please take the subtle cues (such as "stop posting this kind of stuff, BRTD") and stop posting this kind of stuff, BRTD.
Cashcow

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 08:25:54 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to burn down every strip club in the United States in your honor.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 09:10:44 PM »

and places that lack strip clubs also lack things like independent record stores and hipster bars. The most important things that all cities must have.

I'll have to agree with Al here (that rarely happens!). The most important things in a city are the utilities, the fire and police departments, and the local Department of Transportation.

Strip clubs aren't even in the top 25 (but bookstores barely make it Wink  )
Tory

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 09:13:09 PM »

Look, you go to places like that because you think it makes you look cool, not because you actually like them. That's bascially why you're so uncool.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 09:14:31 PM »

Look, you go to places like that because you think it makes you look cool, not because you actually like them. That's bascially why you're so uncool.

Very good observation, Tory.  BTW, I love your signature.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 09:15:33 PM »

Shut the  up. You're like Nomo, only replace his fetish with Bush with your fetish for strip clubs.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 09:27:34 PM »

*Sigh* I remember when BRTD was an insightful and productive member who didn't need to mention strip clubs every third post. 'Course that was waaay back in the old days of 2004 - How times change
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

because we all know the ONLY way to EVER have fun is empty our bank accounts to strip clubs.  Seriously, I would go to them, but they're frickin' expensive.

I mean not considering cool stores, or outdoor activites, or general hang-out places, this veiw of cities v. suburbs is rather shallow. Not that suburbs have a whole to offer anyways but...

yeah, suburbs suck, but not only for this reason.  I can with you that banning strip clubs in suburbs is kinda retarded.  I mean in my city when Hooters was first built there some people had a fit.  I have not idea why this offends people. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 11:07:37 PM »

Like I said, other places to have fun at besides strip clubs tend to exist in places with lots of strip clubs anyway, and not in places with not too many strip clubs. The city I grew up in had no strip clubs (banned by local ordinance, terrible place), and it was boring as hell. Minot about 100 miles to the north had a strip club, and I went there all the time, despite the fact that I couldn't go to the strip club and haven't even seen it.

Also I don't know abou the UK, but most people I see at strip clubs here are not fat old men. Mostly guys my age.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »

Like I said, other places to have fun at besides strip clubs tend to exist in places with lots of strip clubs anyway, and not in places with not too many strip clubs. The city I grew up in had no strip clubs (banned by local ordinance, terrible place), and it was boring as hell. Minot about 100 miles to the north had a strip club, and I went there all the time, despite the fact that I couldn't go to the strip club and haven't even seen it.

Also I don't know abou the UK, but most people I see at strip clubs here are not fat old men. Mostly guys my age.

It seems to me that just because you need strip clubs to enjoy yourself, most people don't, so it's kinda silly to evaluate the place's objective worth purely based on what you think of it.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 11:11:45 PM »

Dude, you ought to be at a strip club right now, rather than hanging out in this sausage factory...Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 11:12:54 PM »

I probably would be except that I have to work at 8 AM tommorow so I can't be up too late. I probably will be tommorow night though, due to all the extra money I got from selling my textbooks back and the $20 my coworker bribed me to take her place working tommorow.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 11:13:28 PM »

i've already said how pathetic you are in other threads, so i'm just going to stop. you know my opinion by now.

if you can't have fun without strip clubs or gay-ass hipster bars, then seriously -- there's no hope for you. none.

!@#$

Your obsession with suburbs and strip clubs really do amaze me, though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 11:13:56 PM »

It seems to me that just because you need strip clubs to enjoy yourself, most people don't, so it's kinda silly to evaluate the place's objective worth purely based on what you think of it.

Didn't you read what I said? I never have been to the strip club in Minot. I was too young at the time.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 11:14:42 PM »

and the $20 my coworker bribed me to take her place working tommorow.

wow, that's almost getting to 1st base. you'll be nailing her in no time.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 11:15:39 PM »

I probably would be except that I have to work at 8 AM tommorow so I can't be up too late. I probably will be tommorow night though, due to all the extra money I got from selling my textbooks back and the $20 my coworker bribed me to take her place working tommorow.

...whatever floats your boat...It sounds as if you have a very sound approach to your financial affairs. Smiley
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 11:16:28 PM »

and the $20 my coworker bribed me to take her place working tommorow.

wow, that's almost getting to 1st base. you'll be nailing her in no time.

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies