Switching Your Support
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:18:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Switching Your Support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Switching Your Support  (Read 3125 times)
JMT

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »

Just curious, have any of you decided to switch your support from one candidate to another this cycle? For instance, I thought I would be likely to vote for Clinton or Biden, but I have recently decided that I plan on casting my ballot for Sanders as I find myself to be more ideologically aligned with him and since his poll numbers have increased. Anyone else have a similar experience, believing you would support a candidate but now find yourself switching support?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:18:41 PM »

I moved from supporting Kasich to back to undecided. I could end up supporting either Kasich, Rubio, Bush or Christie, or maybe even Fiorina (although I am concerned about HP an her doubling down on that PP video and mischaracterizing it). If none of these candidates get nominated, I will support Biden or Clinton.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »

At the very beginning I supported Cruz then jumped to Paul and been with him since he announced basically
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

Clinton -> Sanders (-> Biden)

Started off with the strategic Clinton vote, but since Sanders managed to get good numbers I have since switched since he is more principled than Clinton.

But I will switch to Biden if he announces since he is the closest ideologically and most experienced too.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »

Cruz to Paul to Walker to Kasich to Cruz
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »

I guess I've gone from Clinton to undecided. I'm worried about her poll numbers.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:41:10 PM »

I started out as a Walker supporter but switched to Rubio when I found out that Walker sought out and won endorsements from a few private sector unions last year because he promised to focus his attacks on public sector unions only. Then he got re-elected and signed a right-to-work law. I decided I couldn't trust his word. I also don't think the unions are Satan's spawn like some Republicans seem to.

I'd support Paul if I thought he had a chance to win. He's probably ideologically the closest to me. But I'm not about to waste my vote on a candidate who's polling at less than 1% in some polls.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »

Christie to undecided to Kasich.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »

Paul to Rubio (very early on)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 05:52:08 PM »

Walker to undecided (but my hand was forced on that one!)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 05:53:59 PM »

I moved from supporting Kasich to back to undecided. I could end up supporting either Kasich, Rubio, Bush or Christie, or maybe even Fiorina (although I am concerned about HP an her doubling down on that PP video and mischaracterizing it). If none of these candidates get nominated, I will support Biden or Clinton.

But I thought you were a Democrat!

Anyway, I've supported Bernie since 2014 so no.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 06:05:50 PM »

Clinton to Sanders and could go to undecided if Biden jumps in.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 06:06:06 PM »

Torie is a DINO.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 06:24:40 PM »

sanders -> biden
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

Torie is a DINO.

I feel very estranged from both parties. I really don't have a home. I'm homeless. Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »

I was undecided between TRUMP, Carson and Graham earlier in the summer, but I put my support behind TRUMP after he bravely called out that two-faced coward John McCain.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »

Torie is a DINO.

I feel very estranged from both parties. I really don't have a home. I'm homeless. Sad

Then why don't you have a green avatar?

P.S. If you're homeless, you should vote for Bernie Sanders in order to assist in the proletariat's conquest.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »

Clinton -> Sanders (-> Biden)

Started off with the strategic Clinton vote, but since Sanders managed to get good numbers I have since switched since he is more principled than Clinton.

But I will switch to Biden if he announces since he is the closest ideologically and most experienced too.
This pretty much sums up my views too
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »

Santorum -> Kasich

If Kasich tanks, I'll either go back to Santorum or go for Trump depending on the state of the race.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 06:49:06 PM »

Torie is a DINO.

P.S. If you're homeless, you should vote for Bernie Sanders in order to assist in the proletariat's conquest.

I have not embraced the secular religion of save the planet. The Greens make next to no effort to engage in a data based cost benefit analysis. It's more of a leap of faith into a priori judgments, as to what humans have a right to do, or not. What I am is a Tory. That is why I think Cameron should run for POTUS. Smiley
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »

Torie is a DINO.

I have not embraced the secular religion of save the planet. The Greens make next to no effort to engage in a data based cost benefit analysis. It's more of a leap of faith into a priori judgments, as to what humans have a right to do, or not. What I am is a Tory. That is why I think Cameron should run for POTUS. Smiley

He probably meant the light green Indy avatar.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »

Reluctant Hillary Fan... --> Warren! --> SANDERS!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »

Torie is a DINO.

He probably meant the light green Indy avatar.

Yes.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »

Torie is a DINO.

We'll take you in.
umphursmcgur
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »

Warren > "if she won't run there must be some progressive that will right?" > Sanders
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies