Switching Your Support
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:49:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Switching Your Support
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Switching Your Support  (Read 3124 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 07:29:27 PM »

I moved from supporting Kasich to back to undecided. I could end up supporting either Kasich, Rubio, Bush or Christie, or maybe even Fiorina (although I am concerned about HP an her doubling down on that PP video and mischaracterizing it). If none of these candidates get nominated, I will support Biden or Clinton.

But I thought you were a Democrat!

Torie is a DINO.

I feel very estranged from both parties. I really don't have a home. I'm homeless. Sad
We'll take you in.

Never!
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 07:31:13 PM »

Santorum -> Kasich

If Kasich tanks, I'll either go back to Santorum or go for Trump depending on the state of the race.
That's a very eclectic bunch, care to elaborate?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 08:51:14 PM »

Santorum -> Kasich

If Kasich tanks, I'll either go back to Santorum or go for Trump depending on the state of the race.
That's a very eclectic bunch, care to elaborate?

They're the three most communitarian-leaning candidates in the race. Kasich's the most sensible and would be the best president, but he seems to be going in the wrong direction. I supported Santorum in 2012, and would gladly do so again. Trump definitely seems more to the left economically, so I'd support him in a worst-case scenario. I don't have any interest in generic establishment types like Bush or Rubio, and radical anti-government libertarian-leaning Pubs like Cruz and Paul are anathema.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »

Kasich -> Rubio

I supported Kasich way back before he even entered the race because I admire what he's done as governor of Ohio and his vaguely communitarian stances. I've since soured on Kasich because of his poor speaking skills and general wishy-washyness.

At this juncture I really have a hard time seeing the GOP nominating someone other than Rubio even though he's nowhere close to in 1st in the polling. I think everyone ahead of him is seriously flawed in some way and have little confidence in the political abilities of those behind him.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »

I moved from supporting Kasich to back to undecided. I could end up supporting either Kasich, Rubio, Bush or Christie, or maybe even Fiorina (although I am concerned about HP an her doubling down on that PP video and mischaracterizing it). If none of these candidates get nominated, I will support Biden or Clinton.

But I thought you were a Democrat!

Torie is a DINO.

I feel very estranged from both parties. I really don't have a home. I'm homeless. Sad

You mean you want to join the most organized political party in America?

Welcome to the club. Pool's open 8-5, bar's second door on the right, honor code, leave your keys at the desk. Any questions?
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 10:05:20 PM »

If it's the day after the Iowa Caucus and a poll showed a candidate other than Jeb Bush in the best position to defeat Donald Trump if he's still the front-runner by then, I'd support that candidate instead. As great a President as I think Governor Bush would be, I think any of the GOP candidates would be far better than our current President and Mr. Trump, so denying Trump the nomination is very important not only for Republicans, but for the country.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 08:48:41 PM »

I have switched my support away from Hillary Clinton as she has proven herself far too craven for my tastes. 

I am now awaiting Vice-President Joe Biden's entry into the ring -if he decides to jump in, that is.     
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »

If it's the day after the Iowa Caucus and a poll showed a candidate other than Jeb Bush in the best position to defeat Donald Trump if he's still the front-runner by then, I'd support that candidate instead. As great a President as I think Governor Bush would be, I think any of the GOP candidates would be far better than our current President and Mr. Trump, so denying Trump the nomination is very important not only for Republicans, but for the country.

You should just accept that Trump is never going away and will be our President for the next 8 years
mencken
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 09:30:31 PM »

First preference remains Paul. Cruz's bellicosity has driven me to Carson as a second preference.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »

My support:

Romney: November 7, 2012 - January 30, 2015 (always in spirit)
Walker: February - April
Bush: April -  early August
Rubio: Mid August - present
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »

My support:

So what your saying is you're an establishment hack Smiley?
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 09:41:40 PM »

My support:

More like person I think has the best chance of winning hack...
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »

Clinton -> Biden (if he runs) -> Back to Clinton if Biden doesn't run.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2015, 09:48:48 PM »

I supported Hillary until her numbers tanked and she proved herself a terrible campaigner. Now I'm in favor of Biden getting in.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:01 PM »

Switched support from Rand Paul to Jeb.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2015, 11:45:55 PM »

My support:

More like person I think has the best chance of winning hack...

My support:
January - August 2011: Rudy Giuliani
August 2011 - May 2012: Newt Gingrich
May 2012 - Nov 2012: Mitt Romney
Nov 2012 - March 2014: Chris Christie (then I turned on him because he sucks and I saw the light)
March 2014 - November 2014: Undecided
November 2014 - Present: Jeb Bush
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 09:10:18 AM »

I will switch my support from Trump to Big Joe if he gets in.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »

I supported Sanders until everyone started forming a cult around him, cause I thought that was creepy.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »

I supported Sanders until everyone started forming a cult around him, cause I thought that was creepy.
^^
especially considering all the reddit-types and tender branson types that got in on it
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2015, 10:23:39 AM »

Kasich -> Rubio

I really like Kasich, and I think he would make an excellent president or vice president. But he hasn't proven to be strong in the debates or on the campaign trail, and electability is crucial to me. Rubio clearly seems to be the strongest candidate in this race, and I am hoping he selects Kasich for VP - that ticket would be tough to beat.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2015, 10:30:19 AM »

I support Clinton, but I would give Biden a chance if he got in.  In 2008, my preference was 1. Obama, 2. Biden and 3. Clinton.  So, I guess I would probably support Biden.   

How could you support both an insane Tea Partier like Rubio and sane people like Mean Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »

I support Clinton, but I would give Biden a chance if he got in.  In 2008, my preference was 1. Obama, 2. Biden and 3. Clinton.  So, I guess I would probably support Biden.   

How could you support both an insane Tea Partier like Rubio and sane people like Mean Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton?

I don't consider Rubio "an insane Tea Partier," while I consider Cruz, Jindal, Huckabee, Paul, Carson, Trump etc as persons who I would think would make poor Presidents for reasons which vary as to each of them.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »

I went from "I like Sanders but I'm not sure if I should vote for him since he seems unelectable" to "I'm voting for Sanders." The reason for the change is that I realized that my vote won't single-handedly give him the nomination, but it will help send a message that the left exists and the Democratic Party needs to recognize that.

I also switched my number two choice from O'Malley to Clinton once I realized that O'Malley is to to Clinton's right, if anything.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2015, 10:41:36 AM »

In the process of switching from Bush to Rubio
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »

I don't consider Rubio "an insane Tea Partier," while I consider Cruz, Jindal, Huckabee, Paul, Carson, Trump etc as persons who I would think would make poor Presidents for reasons which vary as to each of them.

You need to look into Marco Rubio some more, he is an insane Tea Partier.  I suppose he did briefly support immigration reform, before decided that it was a horrible idea.  Is that all it takes to shed the Tea Party label? 

But, I would think you would have the same problem with Rubio that I have.  He seems like a fraud and his persona is writing a check his intellect can't cash.  Rubio isn't on the level of a Hillary Clinton or a hometown Joe Biden. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies