Hillary was worried about having gay friendly passports that Palin would critici
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:22:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary was worried about having gay friendly passports that Palin would critici
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary was worried about having gay friendly passports that Palin would critici  (Read 1202 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »

What a joke SoS.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-kept-a-close-eye-on-her-reputation-state-e-mails-show/2015/09/30/cf24a130-67aa-11e5-8325-a42b5a459b1e_story.html
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »

Just......wut
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »

So instead of it saying "Parent 1" and "Parent 2" it said "Father or Parent 1" and "Mother or Parent 2". Yeah, doesn't seem like a big deal.  We should also just completely ignore the things Hillary did to advance gay rights in the state department because you don't like her and are just looking for reasons to bad mouth her.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »

Pretty stupid thing to say. However, she officially opposed gay marriage back then so it makes sense that she would oppose acknowledging it in passports.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:36:36 PM »

So instead of it saying "Parent 1" and "Parent 2" it said "Father or Parent 1" and "Mother or Parent 2". Yeah, doesn't seem like a big deal.  We should also just completely ignore the things Hillary did to advance gay rights in the state department because you don't like her and are just looking for reasons to bad mouth her.

What the heck did she do to advance gay rights?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:38:44 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/01/hillary-clinton-lgbt-_n_7706748.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 09:46:54 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2015, 09:49:54 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

So instead of it saying "Parent 1" and "Parent 2" it said "Father or Parent 1" and "Mother or Parent 2". Yeah, doesn't seem like a big deal.  We should also just completely ignore the things Hillary did to advance gay rights in the state department because you don't like her and are just looking for reasons to bad mouth her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/01/hillary-clinton-lgbt-_n_7706748.html

As noted here, she opposed gay friendly passport forms.

And the whole time as SoS she opposed gay marriage. She waited until after it had 58% support nationwide to join the majority.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 10:27:53 PM »

And the whole time as SoS she opposed gay marriage. She waited until after it had 58% support nationwide to join the majority.

Yeah but isn't it fair to say we all know she really supported it the whole time, but the political winds were different?

I mean c'mon, does anyone here actually think Obama sincerely opposed gay marriage in 2008? Of course not. Why does he get a pass and not her?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 10:29:48 PM »

Yeah but isn't it fair to say we all know she really supported it the whole time, but the political winds were different?

I mean c'mon, does anyone here actually think Obama sincerely opposed gay marriage in 2008? Of course not. Why does he get a pass and not her?

Because true leftists have an ingrained hatred of Hillary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »

Hillary had strongly opposed gay marriage earlier, and never gave any indication of being in favor of gay marriage until 2013. Obama had said he was in favor in the 1990s, and had opposed California's Prop. 8.
Col. Roosevelt
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 10:48:03 PM »

Hillary had strongly opposed gay marriage earlier, and never gave any indication of being in favor of gay marriage until 2013. Obama had said he was in favor in the 1990s, and had opposed California's Prop. 8.

I wish commies like you would stay out of politics.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »

What an un-democratic thing to say.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 10:58:16 PM »

Gay marriage supporters are communists now?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 11:15:31 PM »

I highly doubt John McCain or Mitt Romney opposed it either, but I don't see them ever benefiting from that argument.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 12:13:58 AM »

Jfern's hatred for Hillary is starting to remind krazey's obsession with teachers and their unions.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 12:18:28 AM »

Gender neutrality is more stupid than anything Clinton had to say about it.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 01:36:06 AM »

I highly doubt John McCain or Mitt Romney opposed it either, but I don't see them ever benefiting from that argument.

Romney definitely opposes gay marriage. He would have sought to pass a consitutional amendment banning it as President. Granted, it wouldn't get a 2/3rds majority in either house of congress even if it was put up to a vote on his hypothetical first day in office, but still.

Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 03:26:29 PM »

Romney definitely opposes gay marriage. He would have sought to pass a consitutional amendment banning it as President. Granted, it wouldn't get a 2/3rds majority in either house of congress even if it was put up to a vote on his hypothetical first day in office, but still.

Uh, you think he actually believes that?!  He said that to get the nomination.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »

What if they put a trigger warning on the passport forms?  "This form contains commonly used gendered words for parental figures."
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »

This sounds like something that would come out of Tumblr.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »

The Secretary of State didn't want to unnecessarily embroil the Department in a controversy?? What a HOMOPHOBIC BITCH
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »

The Secretary of State didn't want to unnecessarily embroil the Department in a controversy?? What a HOMOPHOBIC BITCH

Easy, killer
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 07:48:49 PM »

This sounds like something that would come out of Tumblr.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 08:17:05 PM »

Yeah, I do. Just because he didn't bring it up in the GE campaign doesn't mean he abandoned the belief.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 08:34:55 PM »

Yeah, I do. Just because he didn't bring it up in

the GE campaign doesn't mean he abandoned the belief.

I think his record in MA and his comments post-election show that Romney would give to middle fingers to the GOP platform RE: social issues.  He knew what he had to do to get nominated, and he probably knew all the while that he was costing himself the election.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies