Is the GOP a white nationalist party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:39:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is the GOP a white nationalist party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Is the GOP a white nationalist party?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Is the GOP a white nationalist party?  (Read 4074 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »

When you look at Trump's platform, the fact that he's more moderate on economic issues while doubling down on anti-immigrant demogogery and the fact that most of the Tea Partiers who purported to be anti-bailout and economically libertarian above all else are falling behind I have to wonder if the GOP is seriously just evolving into a blatantly racist "white people's party." It's the same thing with Jeb Bush openly race baiting on the anti-welfare rhetoric.

Granted the Democrats share some blame for obsessing over identity politics and the spate of articles after the last election which effectively dismissed the white working class as lumpenprolitariant. I find it a tad disturbing that our politics is gradually evolving into South African style racial blocs. It's going to make things even uglier and more polarized.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »

No.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »

No - otherwise they wouldn't be universally supportive of Israel when it comes to foreign policy.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »

No - otherwise they wouldn't be universally supportive of Israel when it comes to foreign policy.

Why not? Israel is also a racial nationalist state that persecutes brown people. They could be a racist party without being in the neo-Nazi camp.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:44:33 PM »

Let's ask their likely nominee, the Cuban-American man.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:09 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2015, 03:48:00 PM by Rubio Republican »

Why not? Israel is also a racial nationalist state that persecutes brown people. They could be a racist party without being in the neo-Nazi camp.

You know nothing about the demographics of the Middle East and this post is disgustingly erasive of the roots of the Jewish population of Israel and everywhere else.
Fuzzy Won't Cover Up Biden's Senility
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »

The GOP is not a "White Nationalist Party", but it has pretty much become the party that gets most of the votes from White Nationalists, at least in primaries.  There are White Nationalist parties like the Southern Party, but they don't run candidates.  I doubt, however, that their members stopped voting.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »

The GOP is not a "White Nationalist Party", but it has pretty much become the party that gets most of the votes from White Nationalists, at least in primaries.  There are White Nationalist parties like the Southern Party, but they don't run candidates.  I doubt, however, that their members stopped voting.

If they got most of their votes from white nationalists, their last three nominees wouldn't have been a mainstream legacy politician, an Arizona moderate who supports immigration reform, and a Mormon from Massachusetts.

They have a distinct white nationalist wing, but Trump is the first candidate from that wing who's really caught on, and I expect that to be temporary.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »

Only if Rush Limbaugh is right that the Democrats are Communist. Tongue

In other words, no. Just because a tiny vocal minority are doesn't make the rest of the party feel the same way. If they were White Nationalists, then they wouldn't be supporting Israel, and Cruz and Rubio would be forced out for being Latino (even if they're White Latino.)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »

The GOP is not a White Nationalist party but it is a white nationalist party.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »

No, if it was I wouldn't be allowed nor want to be a Republican cause I'm brown LOL.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »

No.

I once nearly got banned elsewhere for having to say this.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 05:01:31 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2015, 05:52:48 PM by EliteLX »

The GOP is moderately nationalist, not extremist nationalist, but moderately. Moderate nationalism is actually extremely healthy.

Is the GOP's main demographic white? That's correct, but from a first person perspective, especially as a millennial, this is not out of some hidden conspiracy that 45% of the nation is still waiting to lynch African Americans and we're all secretly KKK!!! like Rachel Maddow would like you to believe.

The "u racists" record that the Democrats play on repeat for their entire existence is so old that it's almost embarrassing. There are reason for the demographic divides of the United State political playing field and it's 95% political propaganda encouraged by the media and us vs them encouraged by seperate parties that have split our country apart, rather than racism. Apart from your 61 year old Uncle Jerry from Arkansas and your buddies dying Grandpa, mainstream & systematic "racism" in our daily society died decades ago, without a doubt. I'm shocked we're still hung up on it.

You would be amazed at the power of a mental idea that is implemented into young african americans & whites.. the "us vs them" mentality is poisonous and it doesn't exist. You idiots let this happen.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »

No. but they have more influence on the party than many of the blue avatars would like to admit.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »

No. but they have more influence on the party than many of the blue avatars would like to admit.
This is true, to a degree. Not the party elite of course, but certainly among rank and file voters.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »

Let's ask their likely nominee, the Cuban-American man.

If you knew more about race relations in Cuba you wouldn't make that statement.  After I learned the stuff they won't teach you in school I became a lot less empathetic to the poor innocent refugees that had to flee Castro.  Frankly a lot of those bastards deserved to have their wealth stripped away.  And now it makes sense why the GOP cozies up to them so much.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103122519

Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2015, 05:55:51 PM by captainkangaroo »

Yes. I attend neo-nazi pro white meetings weekly. All registered Republicans are required to go to these meetings or they will be labeled as RINOs.

EDIT: This might just apply to my College Republicans club, idk.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 05:56:43 PM »

Yes. I attend neo-nazi pro white meetings weekly.

You know what? I believe you.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »

Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »

Honestly, the answer is "No, but..."

The intellectual energy of the party is not on white nationalism, and that is not a prioirity of the majority of its members, who would gladly vote for a Marco Rubio/ Nikki Haley ticket. Or Ted Cruz and Tim Scott.

However, under a two party system it is a more attractive place for white nationalists than the party that has a disproportionately high number of African Americans and Hispanics.

There's probably going to be a well-made argument that Donald Trump represents a different kind of conservatism than the three stools. He's not really a foreign policy conservative. He's not a social conservative. He's not a fiscal conservative. But he does appeal to a fourth group. Let's call them privilege conservatives, who want to keep/ bring back the social order in which they held on to a higher share of power.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »

Both American parties are, to some extent, big tent parties. It just so happens that the Republicans' tent covers some white nationalists that some in the party have no issue pandering to, or even sometimes need to pander to. See Steve Scalise and Chris McDaniel.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 07:09:53 PM »

Apart from your 61 year old Uncle Jerry from Arkansas and your buddies dying Grandpa, mainstream & systematic "racism" in our daily society died decades ago, without a doubt. I'm shocked we're still hung up on it.
I'm not going to respond to the rest of this post, which was pretty stupid, but what on god's green earth makes you think I'm some 61 year old Grandpa.  How could you get that from my posts.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 07:10:29 PM »

Yes. I attend neo-nazi pro white meetings weekly. All registered Republicans are required to go to these meetings or they will be labeled as RINOs.

EDIT: This might just apply to my College Republicans club, idk.
With you? Not surprised.

Dems, when's Commie Gathering?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »

Apart from your 61 year old Uncle Jerry from Arkansas and your buddies dying Grandpa, mainstream & systematic "racism" in our daily society died decades ago, without a doubt. I'm shocked we're still hung up on it.
I'm not going to respond to the rest of this post, which was pretty stupid, but what on god's green earth makes you think I'm some 61 year old Grandpa.  How could you get that from my posts.
He said uncle, and never did he imply you have grandchildren

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »

Honestly, the answer is "No, but..."

The intellectual energy of the party is not on white nationalism, and that is not a prioirity of the majority of its members, who would gladly vote for a Marco Rubio/ Nikki Haley ticket. Or Ted Cruz and Tim Scott.

However, under a two party system it is a more attractive place for white nationalists than the party that has a disproportionately high number of African Americans and Hispanics.

There's probably going to be a well-made argument that Donald Trump represents a different kind of conservatism than the three stools. He's not really a foreign policy conservative. He's not a social conservative. He's not a fiscal conservative. But he does appeal to a fourth group. Let's call them privilege conservatives, who want to keep/ bring back the social order in which they held on to a higher share of power.

Good post
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies