The Greatest Empire? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  The Greatest Empire? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who had the Greatest Empire?
The Romans

The British

Other (*must* specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 91

Author Topic: The Greatest Empire?  (Read 7960 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: October 04, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »

I had a hard time deciding between the Romans and Chinese, the British wasn't even on my list. The Chinese on one hand build a empire, which have continued dominated eastern Asia in several thousands yearsd, except for a some intermissions, but while some areas in their neighbourhood adopted the Chinese way of life, they have in general not been very successful in spreading their ideas. The Romans on the other hand lasted shorter, and they only had a complete dominance of their near areas for little more than a millenium. But the modern state follow a template the Romans started, Christianity was romanised and it have followed its structure since that day, for a millenium after the fall of Rome, Latin was the language of learning, science and culture, even today we use it to some extent.

It was why I ended with saying Rome, if we look at the world today, and removed the British Empire and Chinese Empire's influence (outside technology of course), the world would somewhat recognisable, we could not do the same with Rome.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies