SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: SJWs -
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?  (Read 5809 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »

"Free bleeding" is not a real feminist thing, it's a hoax perpetuated by 4chan trolls.

And they were so stupid they utterly tripped and fell for it. We've been over this before.

this continues to be a lie.

I know it's not a lie because I've read Facebook posts from people on my friends list, who I know in real life, who were feminists and were treating free bleeding as a serious issue.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2015, 06:34:40 PM »

"Free bleeding" is not a real feminist thing, it's a hoax perpetuated by 4chan trolls.

And they were so stupid they utterly tripped and fell for it. We've been over this before.

I know it's not a lie because I've read Facebook posts from people on my friends list, who I know in real life, who were feminists and were treating free bleeding as a serious issue.

I think it was a joke and then feminists and anti-feminists both took it seriously.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »

How come everybody always seems to know somebody in real life who exemplifies the worst hyperbole of SJW?

Seems fishy if you ask me.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »

How come everybody always seems to know somebody in real life who exemplifies the worst hyperbole of SJW?

Seems fishy if you ask me.

I don't have anything personal against this people, and the Tumblr SJWs are much more extreme than anyone I know IRL.  None of them supported free bleeding, but they seemed to sympathize with it.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2015, 07:28:42 PM »

I voted FF, but with some caveats.  At the core, the issues that SJWs raise are justified.  Racial inequality is a huge problem.  Sexual assault and rape are huge problems.  I find pickup artists and the like repulsive.  There are large swathes of the world where things are far worse for LGBT, minorities, and women than in the US.

Unfortunately, the SJW movement is horrible at marketing itself.  SJWs often end up being divisive.  Some of it is that they're way too reliant on a lot of terms that no one who isn't a SJW uses.  Some of it is that they can be too broad and overgeneralize when talking about societal problems.  Some if it is that they focus too much on relatively inconsequential issues, like non-binary gender pronouns. 

These problems are mostly a consequence of these people living in a bubble.  At this point, sites like tumblr are almost an echo chamber.  I'm pretty active on tumblr, and that's what it seems like to me.  Yes, there are some MRAs looking to pick a fight, but these people are almost caricatures of themselves, they are hardly capable of presenting a well-reasoned reality check.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »

FFs of course.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »

No it doesn't.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a41402/what-its-really-like-to-free-bleed-during-your-period/

http://new.spectator.co.uk/2015/08/free-bleeding-and-the-stupidly-clever-feminists-who-fell-for-it/
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 05:36:04 AM »

no i'm talking just in general. newsflash: if you use online comments sections as a source for anything, you're a fųckin' idiot. even reddit would be better ffs..

In the best case you're fool, there's this significant difference between sourcing facts from comments and the use of internet comments to see whether opinions, you know like xenophobia, liberalism, conservatism etc., exist among the people leaving the comments, which is the way I use it, that's a very basic way to use this kind of source. You can also use comments to see what kind of buzz words have become common, again this is very basic and I don't think you're a big enough idiot to not get this very basic fact.

As such I left with the conclusion that you're making your argument in bad faith, and my life is too short to continue this discussion, you're welcome to answering this post, but you will not get any replies back, I wish you good luck in the future and I hope you live a long and rewarding life.

Best wishes ingemann
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 05:47:55 AM »

I voted FF, but with some caveats.  At the core, the issues that SJWs raise are justified.  Racial inequality is a huge problem.  Sexual assault and rape are huge problems.  I find pickup artists and the like repulsive.  There are large swathes of the world where things are far worse for LGBT, minorities, and women than in the US.

You can easily be against all those things, and still think that SJWs are a bunch of useless tools, who harm the cause. There was a lot of people fighting all those thing decades before anybody coined the SJW label.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No they're rather successful at marketing themselves, it's the movement itself which the weakness lies in. Of course some of the problem are the internet. In the old days these people would have taken these discussion with non-obnoxious people with the same views, who wouldn't have put up with their sh**t, but today the internet allow these people to find just as obnoxious people to share their views with and we see a self-radicalisation as result.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anybody who call themselves MRA today have either not been on the internet yet or they're really so horrible that they look like a parody. MRA was, just a few years ago, a respectful cause, working for dads not being kept out of the children's lives as main example, but after the label became adopted by the scum who use it today, those people left that label as fast as they could, because the brand became poisionous.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

HP
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2015, 02:09:55 AM »

Look forward to my eventually-forthcoming unhinged screed 'Sex-Positive' Feminism: An Infantile Disorder for a no doubt extensive-but-unsystematic analysis of 'SJW' thought and why it's really not a concrete discrete identifiable thing at all and we should stop acting as if it is!
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2015, 12:45:15 PM »

Look forward to my eventually-forthcoming unhinged screed 'Sex-Positive' Feminism: An Infantile Disorder for a no doubt extensive-but-unsystematic analysis of 'SJW' thought and why it's really not a concrete discrete identifiable thing at all and we should stop acting as if it is!

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »

1. *she
2. Relax, I'm joking.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2015, 09:06:53 PM »

1. *she
2. Relax, I'm joking.

I would actually love to read such an essay. Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2015, 08:44:09 AM »

checkmate, atheists
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »

Keyboard warriors!

HPs. They rant pedantically and shrilly about non-issues, mostly, usually from the perspective that they are off-put or offended somehow, and that's really the nicest thing I can say about them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies