SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:09:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: SJWs -
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?  (Read 5845 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »

HPs. The more I hear about them, the more I feel like that I am sliding further to the right.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 06:18:27 PM »

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The SJWs want equality between the sexes, between the races, and they want to improve the living standards of transgender people. But their methodology is too relentless attack mainstream society, creating resentment, hostility, and hate where once there was none.

They don't want to defeat the bullies, they want to become the bullies. HPs.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 06:30:57 PM »

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The SJWs want equality between the sexes, between the races, and they want to improve the living standards of transgender people. But their methodology is too relentless attack mainstream society, creating resentment, hostility, and hate where once there was none.

They don't want to defeat the bullies, they want to become the bullies. HPs.

Or, err, exposing hate where it was previously glossed over and hidden from view?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2015, 09:52:34 PM »

FFs (not a terrible)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2015, 11:10:43 PM »

HPs. The more I hear about them, the more I feel like that I am sliding further to the right.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »

Obvious HPs (something insulting to those that disagree)

Language police always suck.  I like it when they eat their own though and they are usually good for a laugh.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2015, 11:38:35 PM »

People who unironically complain about SJWs or PC or whatever are almost always horribles.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2015, 11:40:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Massive FF.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 11:55:44 PM »

Depends on what you mean, they are a wide-variety. They range from activists fighting for equality, to people fighting only for a superiority of their own people. I voted HP, just because 61.3% are the tumblr ones.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 11:58:08 PM »

Also Upworthy is accused of being SJW and it's a massive Freedom Site.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 12:03:10 AM »

SJW is a pejorative, which cannot be FFs nor HPs. (normal)
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 12:05:09 AM »

Never a fan of obtuse language police. Horrible people, obviously.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »

At this point "SJW's" are basically just a meme.

Also this. I've never met someone in real life, or on Tumblr, who fit the description of the mythical SJW, and I have browsed some of the darkest recesses of feminism on Tumblr.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »

I have a strong dislike for the intellectually dishonest and for those who value politeness over liberal ideals.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »

liberals = HP
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »

Many of their arguments and actions are fundamentally illiberal, though, which is why I don't really consider these people all that liberal. They're "progressives", not liberals, and historically progressives have been all too happy to turn authoritarian to accomplish their goals with scarily similar tactics to the conservative establishment that the counterculture that was born out of colleges and universities rose up against. Remember for instance that the prohibition movement had s**tloads of overlap with the progressive movement, who believed that alcohol was a very male social ill destroying families that needed to be stamped out.

How they act in their spheres of influence is enough to tell me I want nothing to do with them because they are very definitely not liberal-minded. Shut down this campus newspaper, don't utter those words, people should have the right to opt out of school curriculum if it upsets their delicate sensibilities, don't allow people we disagree with to speak at our venues, extra-judicial arms of the university that throw people out for the slightest of excuse, no trial necessary, everything is problematic and things being problematic is problematic. Season to taste with incorrect statistics and hypocritical cultural relativism.

Those are not liberal, free-thinking ideals. Those are the sort of things campuses rose up against, and provided the backbone of the free speech movement that fought against obscenity and revisionism. That buoyed people like George Carlin, who would likely be disowned by many student activists today. That they've made something of an enemy out of the ACLU nowadays speaks volumes.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »

Many of their arguments and actions are fundamentally illiberal, though, which is why I don't really consider these people all that liberal. They're "progressives", not liberals, and historically progressives have been all too happy to turn authoritarian to accomplish their goals with scarily similar tactics to the conservative establishment that the counterculture that was born out of colleges and universities rose up against. Remember for instance that the prohibition movement had s**tloads of overlap with the progressive movement, who believed that alcohol was a very male social ill destroying families that needed to be stamped out.

How they act in their spheres of influence is enough to tell me I want nothing to do with them because they are very definitely not liberal-minded. Shut down this campus newspaper, don't utter those words, people should have the right to opt out of school curriculum if it upsets their delicate sensibilities, don't allow people we disagree with to speak at our venues, extra-judicial arms of the university that throw people out for the slightest of excuse, no trial necessary, everything is problematic and things being problematic is problematic. Season to taste with incorrect statistics and hypocritical cultural relativism.

Those are not liberal, free-thinking ideals. Those are the sort of things campuses rose up against, and provided the backbone of the free speech movement that fought against obscenity and revisionism. That buoyed people like George Carlin, who would likely be disowned by many student activists today. That they've made something of an enemy out of the ACLU nowadays speaks volumes.

This, so much this. I was briefly a Tea Party nut in response to all of the authoritarian activism craze I heard about.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »

One of the driving forces behind anti-semitism and homophobia in today's world.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »

Marokai's post reminded me of this article in the New Yorker from last month.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/10/the-hell-you-say
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 11:13:17 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2015, 11:14:27 PM by Marokai Backbeat »

I have no trouble admitting that not all speech is good, and that not every instance of someone being a provocateur is all that enlightening or useful. But that is just that. My opinion. My subjective interpretation. Living in a world where subjective interpretations of speech inform what speech is allowed frightens me. It should frighten anyone.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »

One of the driving forces behind anti-semitism and homophobia in today's world.

Huh?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »

Have you ever listened to them talk about "white cisgays"? "Gay Inc"?

One of the worst things about SJWs is their belief that life is a never-ending competition of privilege points, that only one group can be truly oppressed at a time. Thus, once they embraced the trans community as the next cause du jour, gay people became "the enemy" for "dominating the LGBT conversation"

And then there's their love for the wildly homophobic, psychotic Azalea Banks.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2015, 01:07:27 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 03:22:19 PM by Cory »

SJW's are really quite Orwellian in their methodology if anything. Complete with....

-Largely fictional outside enemies against whom only total adherence to the party line can protect you against.

-The ability to be a party member in good standing one day and denounced as an enemy of the revolution the next based on the smallest slip-up.

-Maoist-style self-criticism sessions.

-Internal thought-policing of their own members.

-A sense that is isn't good enough to agree with them, one must be sufficiently enthusiastic in agreeing with them or be denounced as an enemy of the people.

-A fatalistic "us v.s them" mentality that negates any chance of reasonable discourse or compromise.

-The redefinition ("rape" and "violence" have become the most versatile nouns in the English language) of words and use of newspeak to insulate the party members from the outside world, thus preventing any chance of them being exposed to dissenting opinions.

Never mind the fabrication of moral panics to create a sense of fear and urgency they can use to advance their agenda and rally their base to action.

The supreme irony is that their methodology and thought process has more in common with Stalin's USSR or Mao's China then modern liberalism.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 01:13:57 PM »

Cory mentioning the phrase "largely fictional outside enemies" is just too ironic in the context of this thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies