SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:41:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: SJWs -
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?  (Read 5836 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 01:14:13 PM »

-A fatalistic "us v.s them" mentality that negates any chance of reasonable discourse or compromise.

By far my least favorite thing about them is that you're more likely to have a dialogue with a young earth creationist than a social justice activist, who are quite content to hide in their own communities and do most of their work on social media where debate is nearly impossible. And then there's the increasing number of sites that are abolishing comment sections. Guess what those have in common.

I'm probably more likely to personally have a conversation with Kent Hovind than certain members of this forum.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2015, 03:22:41 PM by Cory »

Cory mentioning the phrase "largely fictional outside enemies" is just too ironic in the context of this thread.

I'm not wrong though.

Something I forgot in my previous post:

-The redefinition ("rape" and "violence" have become the most versatile nouns in the English language) of words and use of newspeak to insulate the party members from the outside world, thus preventing any chance of them being exposed to dissenting opinions.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »

Cory mentioning the phrase "largely fictional outside enemies" is just too ironic in the context of this thread.

I'm not wrong though.

Something I forgot in my previous post:

-The redefinition ("rape" and "violence" have become the most versatile nouns in the English language) of words and use of newspeak to insulate the party members from the outside world, thus preventing any chance of them being exposed to dissenting opinions.

What in God's name is this post even trying to say?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »

Really my biggest problem with them beside the whole slacktivism issue, is the fact that they taint any issue they adopt (even when the issue is good) by making everything about "privilege". If someone hire a incompetent  or unqualified white male to do a job, my primarily problem with it would be the whole "incompetent" or "unqualified", while SJW sell the issue as the fundamental problem is "white male", and you can argue (rightfully) that other groups aren't well represented enough in a lot of jobs, but when negative valued words like "incompetent" or "unqualified" in the description of person, those are the things to focus on, and focusing on privilege weaken the cause.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 05:21:33 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2015, 12:50:34 AM by Cory »

It goes in tandem with my last post in which I compared their though process to an authoritarian cult a la Mao's China.

Also notice how they almost entirely gloss over class privilege (the biggest privilege of all).

Hmmm I wonder why?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2015, 06:55:04 PM »

It goes in tandem with my last post in which I compared their though process to an authoritarian cult a la Mao's China. L2 reading comprehension.

Also notice how they almost entirely gloss over class privilege (the biggest privilege of all).

Hmmm I wonder why?

It's like they're the inverse of TNF!

They also all have first world privilege.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2015, 07:46:37 PM »

all skeleton jokes aside - it's flagrantly obvious that most of the people in this thread have never actually interacted with sjws
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »

all skeleton jokes aside - it's flagrantly obvious that most of the people in this thread have never actually interacted with sjws

But that's exactly the point, it's mostly a internet culture, unless you're student or work on a American college, you're not going to interact with these people. We other "meet" them on the internet, where they poison discussion specifict and behave obnoxious in general. You can just as well say that 4chan and MRA doesn't exist just because most of us are lucky enough to never interact with these people in meatspace.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:15 AM »

all skeleton jokes aside - it's flagrantly obvious that most of the people in this thread have never actually interacted with skeletons

But that's exactly the point, it's mostly a internet culture, unless you're student or work on a American college, you're not going to interact with these people. We other "meet" them on the internet, where they poison discussion specifict and behave obnoxious in general. You can just as well say that 4chan and MRA doesn't exist just because most of us are lucky enough to never interact with these people in meatspace.

no i'm including on the internet
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2015, 08:51:35 AM »

all skeleton jokes aside - it's flagrantly obvious that most of the people in this thread have never actually interacted with skeletons

In that case start reading the gawker and related sites, and especially look at the comments.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:30 AM »

Some of my Facebook friends are SJWs.  It was on Facebook that I learned what "free bleeding" was.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »

"Free bleeding" is not a real feminist thing, it's a hoax perpetuated by 4chan trolls.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2015, 09:42:27 AM »

In that case start reading the gawker and related sites, and especially look at the comments.

how precious. next you'll suggest we read the fox news comments section, and call that "interacting with people who watch the news"

Some of my Facebook friends are SJWs.  It was on Facebook that I learned what "free bleeding" was.

i'mma go out on a limb here and say https://youtu.be/IdtKbq3Omkw
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »

Some of my Facebook friends are SJWs.  It was on Facebook that I learned what "free bleeding" was.

i'mma go out on a limb here and say https://youtu.be/IdtKbq3Omkw

I promise you it's the truth.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2015, 11:34:57 AM »

"Free bleeding" is not a real feminist thing, it's a hoax perpetuated by 4chan trolls.

And they were so stupid they utterly tripped and fell for it. We've been over this before.

Attempted forced meme is forced and unfunny.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »

how precious. next you'll suggest we read the fox news comments section, and call that "interacting with people who watch the news"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2015, 01:54:50 PM »

I've watched people transform from regular liberals who I could have a rational debate with into SJWs over time.  It's depressing to watch.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »

I've watched people transform from regular liberals who I could have a rational debate with into SJWs over time.  It's depressing to watch.

It must be utterly dreadful, I'm sure.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

no i'm talking just in general. newsflash: if you use online comments sections as a source for anything, you're a fųckin' idiot. even reddit would be better ffs.

And they were so stupid they utterly tripped and fell for it. We've been over this before.

this continues to be a lie.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »

Proto-SJWers who epitomized Tumblr before Tumblr existed are what got me into politics.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »

The overwhelming majority of people voting HP in this thread have only advanced caricatures or outright fabrications of what "SJWs" are actually about. I echo evergreen here: most people on here have probably never interacted with an actual SJW.

I have a hunch that a majority of the HP voters in this thread would agree with something along the lines of "I'm colorblind to race" or "I'm an equalist, not a feminist."
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2015, 05:53:59 PM »

The overwhelming majority of people voting HP in this thread have only advanced caricatures or outright fabrications of what "SJWs" are actually about. I echo evergreen here: most people on here have probably never interacted with an actual SJW.

I have a hunch that a majority of the HP voters in this thread would agree with something along the lines of "I'm colorblind to race" or "I'm an equalist, not a feminist."

This forum has an Internet-bro culture (literally). What do you expect?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »

This forum has an Internet-bro culture (literally). What do you expect?

I expect nothing less from a forum dominated by young, predominantly white and middle-class men to have absolute garbage views on feminism and racial issues.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »

oh and
it ain't a forced meme, friend. the skeleton-to-skeleton extension is well known in skeleton circles, which again supports my point.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »

TIL I'm part of internet bro culture.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to: