SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:47:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: SJWs -
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?  (Read 5897 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« on: October 02, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »

HPs. The more I hear about them, the more I feel like that I am sliding further to the right.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »

Many of their arguments and actions are fundamentally illiberal, though, which is why I don't really consider these people all that liberal. They're "progressives", not liberals, and historically progressives have been all too happy to turn authoritarian to accomplish their goals with scarily similar tactics to the conservative establishment that the counterculture that was born out of colleges and universities rose up against. Remember for instance that the prohibition movement had s**tloads of overlap with the progressive movement, who believed that alcohol was a very male social ill destroying families that needed to be stamped out.

How they act in their spheres of influence is enough to tell me I want nothing to do with them because they are very definitely not liberal-minded. Shut down this campus newspaper, don't utter those words, people should have the right to opt out of school curriculum if it upsets their delicate sensibilities, don't allow people we disagree with to speak at our venues, extra-judicial arms of the university that throw people out for the slightest of excuse, no trial necessary, everything is problematic and things being problematic is problematic. Season to taste with incorrect statistics and hypocritical cultural relativism.

Those are not liberal, free-thinking ideals. Those are the sort of things campuses rose up against, and provided the backbone of the free speech movement that fought against obscenity and revisionism. That buoyed people like George Carlin, who would likely be disowned by many student activists today. That they've made something of an enemy out of the ACLU nowadays speaks volumes.

This, so much this. I was briefly a Tea Party nut in response to all of the authoritarian activism craze I heard about.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 06:34:40 PM »

"Free bleeding" is not a real feminist thing, it's a hoax perpetuated by 4chan trolls.

And they were so stupid they utterly tripped and fell for it. We've been over this before.

this continues to be a lie.

I know it's not a lie because I've read Facebook posts from people on my friends list, who I know in real life, who were feminists and were treating free bleeding as a serious issue.

I think it was a joke and then feminists and anti-feminists both took it seriously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies