SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:36:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: SJWs -
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: SJWs - Freedom Fighters or Horrible People?  (Read 5906 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: October 02, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »

SJW I find them rather boring and lazy, at least youthful rebels of the past did something; whether good or bad, smart or stupid , most SJW seem think that it's enough to be obnoxious on internet board to be a activist. It almost made me happy to read how they tried to close a college newspaper, because at least it was a act, where they needed to come outside their circle jerk.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »

Really my biggest problem with them beside the whole slacktivism issue, is the fact that they taint any issue they adopt (even when the issue is good) by making everything about "privilege". If someone hire a incompetent  or unqualified white male to do a job, my primarily problem with it would be the whole "incompetent" or "unqualified", while SJW sell the issue as the fundamental problem is "white male", and you can argue (rightfully) that other groups aren't well represented enough in a lot of jobs, but when negative valued words like "incompetent" or "unqualified" in the description of person, those are the things to focus on, and focusing on privilege weaken the cause.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »

all skeleton jokes aside - it's flagrantly obvious that most of the people in this thread have never actually interacted with sjws

But that's exactly the point, it's mostly a internet culture, unless you're student or work on a American college, you're not going to interact with these people. We other "meet" them on the internet, where they poison discussion specifict and behave obnoxious in general. You can just as well say that 4chan and MRA doesn't exist just because most of us are lucky enough to never interact with these people in meatspace.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:51:35 AM »

all skeleton jokes aside - it's flagrantly obvious that most of the people in this thread have never actually interacted with skeletons

But that's exactly the point, it's mostly a internet culture, unless you're student or work on a American college, you're not going to interact with these people. We other "meet" them on the internet, where they poison discussion specifict and behave obnoxious in general. You can just as well say that 4chan and MRA doesn't exist just because most of us are lucky enough to never interact with these people in meatspace.

no i'm including on the internet

In that case start reading the gawker and related sites, and especially look at the comments.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 05:36:04 AM »

no i'm talking just in general. newsflash: if you use online comments sections as a source for anything, you're a fųckin' idiot. even reddit would be better ffs..

In the best case you're fool, there's this significant difference between sourcing facts from comments and the use of internet comments to see whether opinions, you know like xenophobia, liberalism, conservatism etc., exist among the people leaving the comments, which is the way I use it, that's a very basic way to use this kind of source. You can also use comments to see what kind of buzz words have become common, again this is very basic and I don't think you're a big enough idiot to not get this very basic fact.

As such I left with the conclusion that you're making your argument in bad faith, and my life is too short to continue this discussion, you're welcome to answering this post, but you will not get any replies back, I wish you good luck in the future and I hope you live a long and rewarding life.

Best wishes ingemann
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 05:47:55 AM »

I voted FF, but with some caveats.  At the core, the issues that SJWs raise are justified.  Racial inequality is a huge problem.  Sexual assault and rape are huge problems.  I find pickup artists and the like repulsive.  There are large swathes of the world where things are far worse for LGBT, minorities, and women than in the US.

You can easily be against all those things, and still think that SJWs are a bunch of useless tools, who harm the cause. There was a lot of people fighting all those thing decades before anybody coined the SJW label.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No they're rather successful at marketing themselves, it's the movement itself which the weakness lies in. Of course some of the problem are the internet. In the old days these people would have taken these discussion with non-obnoxious people with the same views, who wouldn't have put up with their sh**t, but today the internet allow these people to find just as obnoxious people to share their views with and we see a self-radicalisation as result.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anybody who call themselves MRA today have either not been on the internet yet or they're really so horrible that they look like a parody. MRA was, just a few years ago, a respectful cause, working for dads not being kept out of the children's lives as main example, but after the label became adopted by the scum who use it today, those people left that label as fast as they could, because the brand became poisionous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies